Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 05-10-2018, 01:13 PM
  #3211  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,758
Default

Originally Posted by OTZeagle1 View Post
Yes, but I know I will never bid Sfo, Jfk, or Lax. My seniority will not affect a single Virgin pilot. I am confident less then 10 Alaska pilots will go to Sfo. No matter the outcome of this SLI very few Virgin pilots base position will be affected at all. With both proposals almost every Alaska pilot will feel significant pain.
Why?

Just as you say not many AS pilots will go to SFO, I don't think there are any VX guys commuting out of ANC. Maybe 1 or 2 guys originally from Alaska who may want to bid back home. PDX maybe 25ish guys and SEA about 50ish? At best?

And as for us NY based folks who face a very likely base closure and either 2,000nm+ commutes or uprooting of families and moving them west coast, it's not a rosy situation. And they'll probably displace us to SFO/LAX.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 02:08 PM
  #3212  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Posts: 1,073
Default

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Why?

Just as you say not many AS pilots will go to SFO, I don't think there are any VX guys commuting out of ANC. Maybe 1 or 2 guys originally from Alaska who may want to bid back home. PDX maybe 25ish guys and SEA about 50ish? At best?

And as for us NY based folks who face a very likely base closure and either 2,000nm+ commutes or uprooting of families and moving them west coast, it's not a rosy situation. And they'll probably displace us to SFO/LAX.

Sir where are you based right now? How do you know your base will close? How do we not know this current slowdown in hiring is not the direct result of having to retrain the entire jfk base on the 737? By your own admittance the most affected will most certainly be Alaska pilots in Pdx and Sea.
OTZeagle1 is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 04:12 PM
  #3213  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 396
Default

Originally Posted by Ispeakjive View Post
Fact? So, you are doubling down on your previous posts that all VXer's are undesirable...? Thats your fact? You paint the entire VX group as undesirable with racist like efficiency.

People providing for their families with diverse backgrounds somehow hurts you. I hope people here go back through the history of your posts and see your systematic smear campaign.

We are entitled to opinions. But you are a Piece of ******. Thats not an opinion, its a Universal Fact. Don't try to divide my airline.
Not all yíall are undesirables but many are, you included. Learn to read and comprehend. Undesirables=unwanted pilot candidates by desirable airlines. There are two exceptions: older pilots who just want to ride it out until retirement and die hard VX fans, probably second careeer late starters.
I state facts with a sprinkle of sarcasm. I donít feed you what you want to hear and you choose to throw a fit like a 12 year old girl while using vulgarity. I pity you, fool. Okay, Iíll knock it off now.
2loud is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 05:12 PM
  #3214  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 219
Default

Originally Posted by All Bizniz View Post
Hahaha.. That's hilarious....... For some reason Napoleon Bonaparte came to mind..

I think "that weird little guy" is an outlier at AS....... or a troll....

I've had the pleasure of chatting with a few AS pilots and they all seem pretty cool. No pompous airs about them...
lol... we had some little Napoleons at VX also, one now works at Horizon🤣
airb320 is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 05:14 PM
  #3215  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AKpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B-737 Capt
Posts: 153
Default NYC vx Base Closing

From JL just now.
Fellow Alaska Pilots,

Over the past few months, there has been a lot of speculation and many questions on the future of our NYC pilot base, and I want to thank you for your patience as we worked behind the scenes to ensure a thorough, comprehensive analysis was conducted.

This afternoon I reached out to our NYC based pilots to inform them that after an extensive financial analysis, the business decision has been made to close the pilot base on September 1, 2018.

Yadda yadda yadda.......
AKpilot is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 07:17 PM
  #3216  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 784
Default

I think we all knew this was coming but it still sucks to see. Iím sure Alaska has a plan. Theyíve managed to remain hidden for 85 years so Iím sure retreating back to obscurity is the long term plan.
OCCP is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:12 AM
  #3217  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,378
Default

Originally Posted by Max Thrust View Post
Letís say youíre #640...2/3 of the way down the CA list. Youíre saying that it is fair that youíll be able to bid SFO the day after the SLI comes out and be the #1 CA there? Got it.
That is exactly why there should be "No bump, no flush" language in every SLI agreement.
Packrat is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:55 AM
  #3218  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,758
Default

Originally Posted by OTZeagle1 View Post
Sir where are you based right now?
New York

How do you know your base will close?
Because of the August decision to put Boeings on EWR and JFK routes and take the Airbus out. The official decision email came out yesterday.

How do we not know this current slowdown in hiring is not the direct result of having to retrain the entire jfk base on the 737?
A New York 737 base? They don't have the intestinal fortitude to do that. Oh and 'save' 2 million/yr.

By your own admittance the most affected will most certainly be Alaska pilots in Pdx and Sea.
Nope. Genius move on their part. Force VX pilots to bid SFO/LAX before the SLI comes out. Once the SLI is out, all VX pilots are SFO or LAX based. That is one common base overlap with Alaska (LAX), and one new base (SFO). Hardly any affect for PDX or SEA.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:22 AM
  #3219  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Posts: 1,073
Default

My apologies. You are correct, you just got screwed. Sorry!
OTZeagle1 is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 01:48 AM
  #3220  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 158
Default

Just got screwed? We have been getting screwed since April of 2016.
Why havenít you fixed what kasher did to your contract????
Pathetic.
Just keep blaming others for your own weakness.
cmrflyer is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread