Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
A321's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Posts: 159
Default The list is out, what is next?

UNITY.

For over a decade, these 3-4 pilot groups have been turned against each other to management's benefit.

That is over now. We expect weeks or months of complaining about being unhappy about how the list shook out, but eventually we are going to get on the same page and move forward TOGETHER.

ONE PILOT GROUP. THE LARGEST PILOT GROUP IN THE WORLD.

What is next?

1) We need to prepare to be unified for early openers in January 2019. We need work rules and total compensation that matches United and Delta. We will not achieve this if we are not unified.

2) We need to be aware of the psychology of the division that a SLI can present. Management capitalizes on this type of division. Stop it at every chance. Whenever you hear others talking "us versus them" or berating other former pilot groups, remind them that we are NOW ONE and need to be looking forward, not in the rearview.

Who else is on board with looking forward and UNIFYING!?
A321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A321 View Post
1) We need to prepare to be unified for early openers in January 2019. We need work rules and total compensation that matches United and Delta. We will not achieve this if we are not unified.
No dog in your fight (yet) but fully agree. Hopefully on the list of things to accomplish by your NC is a 76 seat rate.
272922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:19 PM   #3  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A321 View Post
UNITY.

For over a decade, these 3-4 pilot groups have been turned against each other to management's benefit.

That is over now. We expect weeks or months of complaining about being unhappy about how the list shook out, but eventually we are going to get on the same page and move forward TOGETHER.

ONE PILOT GROUP. THE LARGEST PILOT GROUP IN THE WORLD.

What is next?

1) We need to prepare to be unified for early openers in January 2019. We need work rules and total compensation that matches United and Delta. We will not achieve this if we are not unified.

2) We need to be aware of the psychology of the division that a SLI can present. Management capitalizes on this type of division. Stop it at every chance. Whenever you hear others talking "us versus them" or berating other former pilot groups, remind them that we are NOW ONE and need to be looking forward, not in the rearview.

Who else is on board with looking forward and UNIFYING!?
HAHAHAHAHAHA...

There will NEVER be unity!

Sandhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,071
Default

Best of luck guys. You've seen a lot in the last 15 years. Don't let this define you. Life is short.
SpecialTracking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Dolphinflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 589
Default

Simple , rather crude advice.
Put on your condom and pick out the hottest target and be willing to put up with a lot of bullsheet to score.

Hint, the target isn't the Easties, Westies or the NAAtives.

(ps, noticed my AVATAR, I fly every #$%^@ weekend )
Dolphinflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
chrisreedrules's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO
Posts: 3,041
Default

Get a 76 seat rate and take the CRJ900s and ER175s back from your regional partners.
chrisreedrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
Simple , rather crude advice.
Put on your condom and pick out the hottest target and be willing to put up with a lot of bullsheet to score.

Hint, the target isn't the Easties, Westies or the NAAtives.

(ps, noticed my AVATAR, I fly every #$%^@ weekend )
Simple, but it works.
SpecialTracking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
A321's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
Get a 76 seat rate and take the CRJ900s and ER175s back from your regional partners.
The market forces will push this sooner rather than later. We sure can't wait. Everyone should be working for mainline, there should be no "regionals".
A321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Godzilla's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 183
Default

Yep, we need to get back calendar day. That was a huge loss and AA has certainly capitalized on it.
Trips that used to pay 15:45 now pay 11:00 hours.
Puts a big hole in an hourly pay bump.
LOS is important. Better furlough benefits would be good too. AA is bottom of the barrel in this regard. United get 10 years pass travel for furloughees.
Get rid of that stupid NO Travel While sick thing too, who else does that?
We are all here, now lets try to make this a good place to work.
There is a lot of work to do here.
Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Arado 234's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Posts: 985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Yep, we need to get back calendar day. That was a huge loss and AA has certainly capitalized on it.
Trips that used to pay 15:45 now pay 11:00 hours.
Puts a big hole in an hourly pay bump.
LOS is important. Better furlough benefits would be good too. AA is bottom of the barrel in this regard. United get 10 years pass travel for furloughees.
Get rid of that stupid NO Travel While sick thing too, who else does that?
We are all here, now lets try to make this a good place to work.
There is a lot of work to do here.
I didn't know that you couldn't travel while sick. So the company takes the right from you to see a doctor of your choice?
Arado 234 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boom! cactiboss American 203 09-28-2015 04:13 PM
Regionals - 1 Certificate, 1 Sen List = Safe Too Beaucoup Regional 16 02-11-2010 08:59 PM
Republic - Three RAH subsidiaries, one list. Coopspeed Regional 57 01-15-2010 01:54 PM
Delta's Proposed Seniority List maddogmax Mergers and Acquisitions 96 10-23-2008 06:53 AM
Trip List avi8tor4life Regional 13 07-14-2007 07:29 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:57 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1