Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 03-09-2015, 07:28 PM
  #10521  
Qbicle seat warmer
 
ASpilot2be's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: SAAB FO
Posts: 1,177
Default

What are schedules like if you're Anchorage based? I live in Anchorage, so I have always been interested in Atlas.
ASpilot2be is offline  
Old 03-10-2015, 03:44 PM
  #10522  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 126
Default

Out of Anchorage on the 74 you'll get mostly DHL flying with some other random stuff thrown in as well(Boeing/LCF, Qantas, Panalpina, Etihad, etc). Typically scheduled for 16-17 days. 30 Day schedules will have anywhere from one long trip on up to 3 shorter ones. 60 Day schedules, 2 long trips up to about 5 or 6 shorter ones. The multiple short trip schedules can be nice if you live in base. A lot of commuters like to get the longer trips so they only commute once. Its pretty common to end up back in Anchorage for at least a day mid pattern on a layover which is nice.

If you get hired into the 76, you can usually commute on company planes direct to Cincinnati to avoid some imputed income tax and a painful multi leg commercial flight. They have some 76 lines flying out of Asia that start out as a deadhead over. You can ride company planes for that out of Anchorage and not lose any days for the commute. May actually gain some time off since the schedule for that has to be built based on a deadhead on day 1 of your schedule from your base(Cincinnati) and a deadhead back to arrive at your base on your last day. Once the schedule is built you can change to a deadhead originating and ending in Anchorage giving you more time at home due to the shorter deadhead.
plift is offline  
Old 03-10-2015, 04:40 PM
  #10523  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Default

Rumor has it at the WAI conference, atlas had no line all others we busy AA, JBL, UAL....Applicants were unimpressed with our presentation/company reps.
C5nwhaleguy is offline  
Old 03-10-2015, 06:01 PM
  #10524  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Hoping for any position
Posts: 2,504
Default

Originally Posted by C5nwhaleguy View Post
Rumor has it at the WAI conference, atlas had no line all others we busy AA, JBL, UAL....Applicants were unimpressed with our presentation/company reps.
Atlas did not do fast passes and only was setup in the exhibit hall. Their "line" looked similar to everyone else in the exhibit hall. I did get to speak with a few people from Atlas and they were as friendly and receptive as anyone else I talked to. I was actually pretty impressed with who I talked to. She was very quick to discuss the 17 day scheduled trips and how that will affect family life.
fishforfun is offline  
Old 03-10-2015, 06:55 PM
  #10525  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 88
Default

Originally Posted by C5nwhaleguy View Post
Rumor has it at the WAI conference, atlas had no line all others we busy AA, JBL, UAL....Applicants were unimpressed with our presentation/company reps.
Originally Posted by fishforfun View Post
Atlas did not do fast passes and only was setup in the exhibit hall. Their "line" looked similar to everyone else in the exhibit hall. I did get to speak with a few people from Atlas and they were as friendly and receptive as anyone else I talked to. I was actually pretty impressed with who I talked to. She was very quick to discuss the 17 day scheduled trips and how that will affect family life.
I second what FFF said. Spoke with them on day 1 and 2-- Very friendly and a pleasure to talk with. They had just as many applicants as everyone else. Won't name any companies, but there were others at WAI that were not really inspiring to talk with. I'm hoping for an email from Atlas to take the online quiz soon!
IlikePlaness is offline  
Old 03-10-2015, 08:11 PM
  #10526  
Qbicle seat warmer
 
ASpilot2be's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: SAAB FO
Posts: 1,177
Default

Originally Posted by plift View Post
Out of Anchorage on the 74 you'll get mostly DHL flying with some other random stuff thrown in as well(Boeing/LCF, Qantas, Panalpina, Etihad, etc). Typically scheduled for 16-17 days. 30 Day schedules will have anywhere from one long trip on up to 3 shorter ones. 60 Day schedules, 2 long trips up to about 5 or 6 shorter ones. The multiple short trip schedules can be nice if you live in base. A lot of commuters like to get the longer trips so they only commute once. Its pretty common to end up back in Anchorage for at least a day mid pattern on a layover which is nice.

If you get hired into the 76, you can usually commute on company planes direct to Cincinnati to avoid some imputed income tax and a painful multi leg commercial flight. They have some 76 lines flying out of Asia that start out as a deadhead over. You can ride company planes for that out of Anchorage and not lose any days for the commute. May actually gain some time off since the schedule for that has to be built based on a deadhead on day 1 of your schedule from your base(Cincinnati) and a deadhead back to arrive at your base on your last day. Once the schedule is built you can change to a deadhead originating and ending in Anchorage giving you more time at home due to the shorter deadhead.
Thank you!
ASpilot2be is offline  
Old 03-11-2015, 12:25 PM
  #10527  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GIANT PILOT's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: UPS 767 Gear & Flap Operator
Posts: 271
Default

Originally Posted by jetzzz View Post
anyone know if Atlas is going to be in OBAP in April/Las Vegas?
i went to the OBAP website and FAPA, and i found Atlas has been invited but not confirmed yet..
Atlas will not be attending the LAS job fair this year, but will be in Arlington, VA in August for the convention/career fair.

Good luck
GIANT PILOT is offline  
Old 03-11-2015, 01:05 PM
  #10528  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: crj 200 / ca
Posts: 49
Default Growth

Any plans for more growth there?
crewman is offline  
Old 03-11-2015, 01:58 PM
  #10529  
Gets Weekends Off
 
atpcliff's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt
Posts: 3,215
Default

"Sorry no. The contract says parking at Gateway airport is the crew members responsibility."

This is another reason why we need gateway basing instead of bases AND gateways. With gateway basing the company would pay for parking at your gateway, because your gateway would be your base. And, if you lived in your current base (like you lived in mia), then your gateway base would be MIA, so no changes there...
atpcliff is offline  
Old 03-11-2015, 01:59 PM
  #10530  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 249
Default

No announced growth. In an odd hiring update, I'm not sure passing the test gets you a phone call anymore? Guy at breakfast saying his bud never got called after passing and I know one who never did either. Apparently this is common now? What is the point of that test then!?! Hopefully they are just behind in calls but his friend has been waiting for 4 months.
CandlerKid is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM
astropilot92571
Hiring News
4
04-26-2005 08:58 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices