Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 AM
  #11101  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: 747-400/-8 CA
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by Timwerni
Thanks for the information and help. One other question I have is, are there any quirks or issues with the gateway basing? I'm looking to use OAJ (Jacksonville, NC) as a gateway. It's a small regional airport with multiple daily flights to ATL and CLT. Just wondering/confirming it will work as a gateway base?
Hey Tim, I'm just a poolie but I'll take a crack at this one. During my interview we had a Q and A session with a fellow from Atlas Crew Scheduling. Someone asked him a question similar to yours, and he mentioned a scenario they recently had where a pilot was living in Tyler, Tx and commuting out of DFW, but wanted to use the small airport in Tyler as his gateway. The travel desk looked at it, determined the Tyler airport had sufficient service, and added it to the list. He said that in general, if there are at least two airlines that have service to a given city, it's likely to be eligible for gateway.

Looks like they are adding cities fairly regularly, my older copy of the contract doesn't show ILM our OAJ on the list.

Best of luck man!
Wano is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:07 AM
  #11102  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Retired Marine
Posts: 48
Default

pflt & Wano, thanks for the feedback fellas.
Timwerni is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:35 AM
  #11103  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Retired Marine
Posts: 48
Default

anyone know if Family members can non-rev (if it's called non-rev) on Atlas flights?

Last edited by Timwerni; 06-03-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Timwerni is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 11:15 AM
  #11104  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Originally Posted by Timwerni
anyone know if Family members can non-rev (if it's called non-rev) on Atlas flights?
Most cargo airlines lost that privilege after 9/11...and that includes Atlas. Our program was very good, and many took their spouses to amazing places. We could not take them while working on a trip (had to be on days off) but still was a great way to travel. I took my misses to Italy for a week...great time.
744driver is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 01:33 PM
  #11105  
In The Clouds
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 119
Default

On the nonrev topic, I have seen in the various posts that id90 is available. My current airline agreements for this is pretty extensive. Is this true at Giant as well (i.e. American, United, JetBlue, Southwest, Air France, etc.) ?

Many thanks...got the vm to do a phone interview. 3 years of staying in the game. Written test last week and hit an 87...did not want to raise the bar too high. Humbled.
Vertigo1960 is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 04:38 PM
  #11106  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 7
Default

Miami on the 9th. Many thanks for the inputs on this forum. When I come back I will post notes on process/results.

Email for interview invitation/confirmation included:

Fill out the application and EEOO form, forward on to appropriate individuals... Suggest you stay at these hotels.... directions to our building.... 0715 beginning... all-day affair...

"NOTE: You are NOT required to bring your logbooks."

-----------------------
Questions for the forum:

#1) Confirmation email did NOT include info on dress code. I've seen "don't wear a tie" on the forum only. I am prepping for full business suit environment.

#2) No response from HR to confirm what "logbooks not required" means. Does this mean 1) not necessary to bring all your original/hard-copy logbooks, or 2) not necessary to bring any flight records at all?

Have other interview candidates gotten confirmation on #1) and #2)?
nomadvagabond is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 05:19 PM
  #11107  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by Vertigo1960
On the nonrev topic, I have seen in the various posts that id90 is available. My current airline agreements for this is pretty extensive. Is this true at Giant as well (i.e. American, United, JetBlue, Southwest, Air France, etc.) ?

Many thanks...got the vm to do a phone interview. 3 years of staying in the game. Written test last week and hit an 87...did not want to raise the bar too high. Humbled.
Bragging about your test score and how you missed a few to keep the bar low. Followed by "humbled". Haha. I love it.
Treehorn is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 05:23 PM
  #11108  
Gets Weekends Off
 
lear 31 pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Left
Posts: 325
Default

Originally Posted by nomadvagabond
Miami on the 9th. Many thanks for the inputs on this forum. When I come back I will post notes on process/results.

Email for interview invitation/confirmation included:

Fill out the application and EEOO form, forward on to appropriate individuals... Suggest you stay at these hotels.... directions to our building.... 0715 beginning... all-day affair...

"NOTE: You are NOT required to bring your logbooks."

-----------------------
Questions for the forum:

#1) Confirmation email did NOT include info on dress code. I've seen "don't wear a tie" on the forum only. I am prepping for full business suit environment.

#2) No response from HR to confirm what "logbooks not required" means. Does this mean 1) not necessary to bring all your original/hard-copy logbooks, or 2) not necessary to bring any flight records at all?

Have other interview candidates gotten confirmation on #1) and #2)?
Interviewed April 29th
Every person interviewing wore a suit.
No one brought their log books.
lear 31 pilot is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 05:39 PM
  #11109  
Gets Weekends Off
 
tahoejace's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Left & Right
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by nomadvagabond
Miami on the 9th. Many thanks for the inputs on this forum. When I come back I will post notes on process/results.

Email for interview invitation/confirmation included:

Fill out the application and EEOO form, forward on to appropriate individuals... Suggest you stay at these hotels.... directions to our building.... 0715 beginning... all-day affair...

"NOTE: You are NOT required to bring your logbooks."

-----------------------
Questions for the forum:

#1) Confirmation email did NOT include info on dress code. I've seen "don't wear a tie" on the forum only. I am prepping for full business suit environment.

#2) No response from HR to confirm what "logbooks not required" means. Does this mean 1) not necessary to bring all your original/hard-copy logbooks, or 2) not necessary to bring any flight records at all?

Have other interview candidates gotten confirmation on #1) and #2)?
1) Wear a suit. Everyone else will.

2) Don't bring your logbooks/flight records/etc. Bring exactly what the email tells you to bring. No more, no less.

Good luck!
tahoejace is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 06:28 PM
  #11110  
In The Clouds
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 119
Default

Treehorn, actually the humbled comment had nothing to do with the test score, just life events. I actually thought my test was low compared to some recent posters ( high 90's, mid 90's). There have been some who knocked it out of the park... I wasn't one of them.

If I offended you or anyone w/that comment, not my intent. At the same time, I was happy my 3 years of study and a small band of crm friends helped. Everyone's past comments really helped preparing for the test.

V
Vertigo1960 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices