Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 08-02-2016, 12:06 PM
  #14491  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BayBum4Ever's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: I will be in the right bunk.
Posts: 203
Default

[QUOTE=Fleron270;2172409]I registered for OBAP solely because Atlas was going. Can anyone confirm that they're not? They were listed months ago. Thanks![/QUOTE

You have now been disrespected and disappointed by Atlas in one fell swoop. I believe you have your answer about Atlas.
BayBum
BayBum4Ever is offline  
Old 08-02-2016, 05:45 PM
  #14492  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by Apokleros View Post
Are you guys filling classes? I know several folks that wanted in at Atlas but have changed their minds lately.
Hi All:
First-time poster here. I have read this ENTIRE thread 😴😳😴😳😏 ... and I can tell you I am one of those that has changed my mind re applying to Atlas. I have (had) given serious thought/evaluation of pros vs cons of schedule, etc. and discussed all with my wife. Bottom line... we are MORE than comfortable with schedule. However, uncertainty with pilot contract and long-term viability of career at Atlas have put a SERIOUS screeching halt to applying at AAWH. I hate to say it... I was REALLY looking forward to new career option, schedule, equipment, destinations, business model, etc. etc., but will NOT put my/family's livelihood in highly questionable terms just for a change in scenery.
Hang in there guys... I will support ur efforts from the outside/in. Fair is fair.
FlynDive is offline  
Old 08-02-2016, 05:59 PM
  #14493  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 249
Default

^^^this guy^^^ knows his worth! Best of luck in the job hunt and thank you for your support. Cheers!
CandlerKid is offline  
Old 08-02-2016, 06:26 PM
  #14494  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
^^^this guy^^^ knows his worth! Best of luck in the job hunt and thank you for your support. Cheers!
Thanks Candler... REALLY appreciate all the info/effort you & other contributors have put into making this a well-rounded & informative board!
And to be clear... I am TRULY disappointed/disheartened in NOT pursuing a desired career progression. But, I'm paying my bills & living within my means, so life could be worse...
FlynDive is offline  
Old 08-02-2016, 09:13 PM
  #14495  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DC8DRIVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747
Posts: 1,290
Default

Originally Posted by FlynDive View Post
Thanks Candler... REALLY appreciate all the info/effort you & other contributors have put into making this a well-rounded & informative board!
And to be clear... I am TRULY disappointed/disheartened in NOT pursuing a desired career progression. But, I'm paying my bills & living within my means, so life could be worse...
We're disappointed, too. This place had so much potential until the lawyers convinced upper management that they could grind our pay into dust. There's a mad scramble for the door.

You'll be able to land a better job soon and be able to take your family with you on those adventures.

Good luck where ever you end up. I'm sure it'll be better than Atlas.

8
DC8DRIVER is offline  
Old 08-03-2016, 05:45 AM
  #14496  
Gets Weekends Off
 
KYTBRD's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: MD-11
Posts: 245
Default

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
We're disappointed, too. This place had so much potential until the lawyers convinced upper management that they could grind our pay into dust. There's a mad scramble for the door.

8
This is probably the single biggest common thread in conversations I've had with folks. Watching Atlas squander the potential of this company into oblivion. It had, and could still have if acted upon quickly, the potential to be the best flying job on the planet. But due to shortsighted 1980s style management-by-law firm business tactics, management is expeditiously turning this place from the perfect destination airline into a transient airline. It's too sad to sit around and watch it die slowly so folks are leaving not only for the money and quality of life but because it's frustrating to see something you know can be great skillfully and systematically managed into mediocrity.
KYTBRD is offline  
Old 08-03-2016, 08:08 AM
  #14497  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 1,154
Default

Gotta agree with the above being said. The upper management here don't care at all about anything except their pockets. Very disappointing for sure!
Crazy Canuck is offline  
Old 08-04-2016, 04:36 AM
  #14498  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Originally Posted by KYTBRD View Post
This is probably the single biggest common thread in conversations I've had with folks. Watching Atlas squander the potential of this company into oblivion. It had, and could still have if acted upon quickly, the potential to be the best flying job on the planet. But due to shortsighted 1980s style management-by-law firm business tactics, management is expeditiously turning this place from the perfect destination airline into a transient airline. It's too sad to sit around and watch it die slowly so folks are leaving not only for the money and quality of life but because it's frustrating to see something you know can be great skillfully and systematically managed into mediocrity.
Where is the "like" button on this page?!!

Well said, KYTBRD.
744driver is offline  
Old 08-04-2016, 10:52 AM
  #14499  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TimmyR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 154
Default

Originally Posted by 744driver View Post
where is the "like" button on this page?!!

Well said, kytbrd.
^^^^^^^

+1!
TimmyR is offline  
Old 08-04-2016, 02:08 PM
  #14500  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by Fleron270 View Post
I registered for OBAP solely because Atlas was going. Can anyone confirm that they're not? They were listed months ago. Thanks!
I hate to say this but what you saw months ago was the 2015 list. It is still there. js
walt heisenberg is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM
astropilot92571
Hiring News
4
04-26-2005 08:58 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices