Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 10-18-2016, 04:40 PM
  #14991  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by ftaba1
I was implying that instead of pilots who WANT to work on their days off, the company will be extending whoever they need. I guess the question is - what's more expensive? Extending a pilot for, say, 4 days or paying a volunteer who chooses to work extra 4 days during their time off.

Im glad to hear that your CBA puts limits on extending pilots.
A person involuntarily extended for 4 days would pay a premium of 24 hours plus the CRT compared to a scab who voluntarily extends which pays at 18 premium hours plus CRT.
Treehorn is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 05:12 PM
  #14992  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 293
Default

Originally Posted by Treehorn
A person involuntarily extended for 4 days would pay a premium of 24 hours plus the CRT compared to a scab who voluntarily extends which pays at 18 premium hours plus CRT.

Easy there with the "S" word......it has a very specific definition.
Atrasaty is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 05:39 PM
  #14993  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by Atrasaty
Easy there with the "S" word......it has a very specific definition.
I understand that but these guys WOULD cross a picket line.
Treehorn is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 PM
  #14994  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 77
Default

Originally Posted by badtransam97
Im a little confused on the website..I applied awhile back, and it says under review in the status section under "past job submittals", but above that section there is one that is titled "iForms to complete". It looks like just another blank job app, but does that need filled out also, or is that just what it is...a whole new app?
Sorry if that sounds dumb, but I havent logged in to check the status in a while and couldnt remember what the main page looked like option wise..thanks!
in the same boat..

anybody? little help here!
vano is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 05:21 AM
  #14995  
Rubber dogsh#t out of HKG
 
Radials Rule's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Senior Seat Cushion Tester Extraordinaire
Posts: 623
Default

Originally Posted by ftaba1
I was implying that instead of pilots who WANT to work on their days off, the company will be extending whoever they need. I guess the question is - what's more expensive? Extending a pilot for, say, 4 days or paying a volunteer who chooses to work extra 4 days during their time off.

Im glad to hear that your CBA puts limits on extending pilots.
Gotcha. This is what happens when posting while enjoying post-flight beverages.
Radials Rule is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 05:34 AM
  #14996  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by vano
in the same boat..

anybody? little help here!
The application website changed sometime in the last several months. If you originally applied before the change over, I think you need to re-apply. Could that be the issue?
Falcondrivr is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 06:49 AM
  #14997  
Gets Weekends Off
 
badtransam97's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 462
Default

I called the help desk and the guy said that filling out the other part was fine, that I would basically have two apps on file? I'm not sure that's correct, but what do I know lol?!
Maybe one of you guys who's having trouble as well could call them as well, and see what they say?
badtransam97 is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 08:17 AM
  #14998  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by badtransam97
I called the help desk and the guy said that filling out the other part was fine, that I would basically have two apps on file? I'm not sure that's correct, but what do I know lol?!
Maybe one of you guys who's having trouble as well could call them as well, and see what they say?

My understanding is the first (short) application is what used to be the PAQ. The longer online application is when they are interested to know you more. It is the same what used to be the the more detailed PAQ by email before an interview.

So yes, filled it out. They want to know more info about you like past employments, training history and so on.
walt heisenberg is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 08:31 AM
  #14999  
Gets Weekends Off
 
badtransam97's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 462
Default

Ok thanks. My original app is dated 6/6/16, and I assumed that was all there was to it, so I didn't log back in until a few days ago, and noticed it, plus the newer iForm part in the section above it, that asked to list prior employees, flight time etc...
badtransam97 is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 01:42 PM
  #15000  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Default

Is there any gouge on how to get the aircraft you prefer?
DIAK is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices