Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 08-21-2014, 03:09 PM
  #9261  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: Wind checker
Posts: 769
Default

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
How will AQP cost the company more $$? FSDO doesn't want it? Every other airline in the USA does it by now probably...
There's an extra sim period and therefore an extra day of training. So a thousand lost man days and another several hundred thousand dollars of sim expenses not to mention the attendant increase in instructor pay.

If we step to the company and say we don't want it, they'll say "Ask and you shall receive."

Not really the issue to dig in on IMO
hvydvr is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:27 PM
  #9262  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: CA 747-400/-8
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by hvydvr View Post
There's an extra sim period and therefore an extra day of training. So a thousand lost man days and another several hundred thousand dollars of sim expenses not to mention the attendant increase in instructor pay.

If we step to the company and say we don't want it, they'll say "Ask and you shall receive."

Not really the issue to dig in on IMO
But your ditching the PT and the day of training and travel associated with that. I was told the company really wanted AQP. Not that I'm in the know.
jetjock6 is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 PM
  #9263  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 611
Default

AQP costing the company MORE money is completely incorrect. When AQP is rolled out at an airline, the savings is around 17% of training cost on the nine month cycle. Once AQP has been established at an airline, the cycle time can increase to 12 months. At that point, a company can plan to save approximatley 6% in additional costs. The bottom line is that the company wants AQP because it helps their bottom line. Now, they may act like they don't want it but if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
JonnyKnoxville is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 07:24 PM
  #9264  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: CA 747-400/-8
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
AQP costing the company MORE money is completely incorrect. When AQP is rolled out at an airline, the savings is around 17% of training cost on the nine month cycle. Once AQP has been established at an airline, the cycle time can increase to 12 months. At that point, a company can plan to save approximatley 6% in additional costs. The bottom line is that the company wants AQP because it helps their bottom line. Now, they may act like they don't want it but if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
And that supports what I've been told. Even by Exco members. Again, I'm not in the know.
jetjock6 is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 07:53 PM
  #9265  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JerrySpringer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ
Posts: 441
Default

Originally Posted by Whalefr8 View Post
Have you called and asked any of them? I think there are five guys on the Executive Board right? If I didn't trust them as you seem not to, I would call one of them and ask about AQP, breakfast, and trip trades. I know I heard a guy with one of the communicaiton lanyards talking about breakfast on a flight a couple of days ago.
Unless one has a 3 or 4 digit part number, the individual is berated and talked down to (very similar to your writing style even) about every issue.

Perhaps you should pass word along that many of us have lots of 121 and union experience outside of Atlas. Perhaps our words, thoughts and ideas should not be summarily dismissed and trashed (similarly to your 'reply' to me. Other than continued display of the gross disconnect you seem to have with the majority of pilots in this company).
JerrySpringer is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 03:48 AM
  #9266  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Default

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer View Post
Unless one has a 3 or 4 digit part number, the individual is berated and talked down to (very similar to your writing style even) about every issue.

Perhaps you should pass word along that many of us have lots of 121 and union experience outside of Atlas. Perhaps our words, thoughts and ideas should not be summarily dismissed and trashed (similarly to your 'reply' to me. Other than continued display of the gross disconnect you seem to have with the majority of pilots in this company).
Springer i think we can all recognize whalefr8 is defending a sinking ship at this company as evident by his gross disconnect and a bygone dinosaur era insecurities at this once proud "club". Retirements cant come any sooner.

Last edited by C5nwhaleguy; 08-22-2014 at 04:20 AM.
C5nwhaleguy is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 04:47 AM
  #9267  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: FO
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by C5nwhaleguy View Post
Springer i think we can all recognize whalefr8 is defending a sinking ship at this company as evident by his gross disconnect and a bygone dinosaur era insecurities at this once proud "club". Retirements cant come any sooner.
Awesome.

There arent that many, very few in my experience but those few notable Captians need to know that being a bully is unacceptable and will no longer be tollerated. I see more and more FOs that aren't afraid to write up the 1%er captian who has unsat CRM. The company cant afford to ignore it anymore. Sometimes just the statement, "Are we going to have a problem with CRM today?" changes the situation.
Tango 6 is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 04:49 AM
  #9268  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: Wind checker
Posts: 769
Default

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
AQP costing the company MORE money is completely incorrect. When AQP is rolled out at an airline, the savings is around 17% of training cost on the nine month cycle. Once AQP has been established at an airline, the cycle time can increase to 12 months. At that point, a company can plan to save approximatley 6% in additional costs. The bottom line is that the company wants AQP because it helps their bottom line. Now, they may act like they don't want it but if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
Ok. So over a three year period under the current PC system, I'll have 9 device sessions. Under the 9 month rotation over that same time I'll have 12? Look I don't give a sh!t either way because like the overwhelming majority of our line guys, I seek to minimize my time in Miami. My only hope here is that the union gets good value for our membership for any changes to the CBA and has a plan for further improvements in the upcoming negotiations.
hvydvr is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 07:06 AM
  #9269  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BayBum4Ever's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: I will be in the right bunk.
Posts: 203
Default

During my recent PC a young guy who is spear heading the AQP program ( who will probably be at Delta before this thing is ever brought to fruition) said that the program was presented to the company as a cost neutral proposition. I'm just sayin

BayBum
BayBum4Ever is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 09:26 AM
  #9270  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Whaledriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Left Seat
Posts: 466
Default

So, now we have become so "sensitive", that simply asking for facts to back up breakfast table BS is bullying. A lot of stuff was said that is BS and those involved know it. They float the BS so the table gets it and then when it is said more than five times, it becomes fact.
Whaledriver is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices