Notices

DAL Class drops

Old 12-03-2018, 02:53 PM
  #2401  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by Owlchemist View Post
Delete this if it is too close to posting company info but Crew Resources said the following:

231 positions went unbid, and could be filled by new hire pilots. The un-bid categories are listed below:

NYC7ERB - 31
ATL73NB - 5
DTW73NB - 5
LAX73NB - 27
NYC73NB - 70
SLC73NB - 27
DTW320B - 1
NYC320B - 68
NYCC10B - 15
ATL717B - 15
DTW717B - 8
NYC717B – 26

They shouldn't be able to offer anything not listed above until they post another AE.
Currently the ATLM88B is showing almost 40 less for Jun 2019 on the latest projected category list then required according to the last AE forecast.

We’ll find out next week if New Hires to the 88 are still on the table or if one of those numbers is wrong... I’m guessing the later, the next AE in April will shave even more off the B side.

*edit for math

Last edited by PNWProdigal; 12-03-2018 at 03:07 PM.
PNWProdigal is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:09 AM
  #2402  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,042
Default

Originally Posted by PNWProdigal View Post
Currently the ATLM88B is showing almost 40 less for Jun 2019 on the latest projected category list then required according to the last AE forecast.

We’ll find out next week if New Hires to the 88 are still on the table or if one of those numbers is wrong... I’m guessing the later, the next AE in April will shave even more off the B side.

*edit for math
I don't think new hires will be coming to the 88 because they will get finished with training and immediately get displaced(assuming 88's are gone by the end of 2020).
3 green is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 06:35 AM
  #2403  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: 737B
Posts: 342
Default

I recently flew with an LCA. He said they were told to expect some new hire OE’s in 2019 fwiw.
asacimesp is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 07:02 AM
  #2404  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,935
Default

Originally Posted by 3 green View Post
I don't think new hires will be coming to the 88 because they will get finished with training and immediately get displaced(assuming 88's are gone by the end of 2020).
There will still be 60 plus MD-90’s.
sailingfun is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 07:14 AM
  #2405  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by 3 green View Post
I don't think new hires will be coming to the 88 because they will get finished with training and immediately get displaced(assuming 88's are gone by the end of 2020).
We gave out 88s to New Hires in the last 3 classes before the MOAB and it still had over 100 displacements. They’ll need bodies on it as long as people keep flowing to other aircraft faster then they are retiring them. Right now from the available data, the 88 is either being retired faster then when the Jun 2019 requirement was made or they’ll have to put new hires into the 88. Unless there’s another way to square being about 40 bodies short?
PNWProdigal is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 01:09 PM
  #2406  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 377
Default

I understand they can only put new hires into vacancies.

But is that only vacancies from the latest AE? Or vacancies from any of the prior AEs?
Hossharris is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 02:40 PM
  #2407  
Rodeo clown
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: Tractor seat
Posts: 699
Default

Originally Posted by PNWProdigal View Post
We gave out 88s to New Hires in the last 3 classes before the MOAB and it still had over 100 displacements. They’ll need bodies on it as long as people keep flowing to other aircraft faster then they are retiring them. Right now from the available data, the 88 is either being retired faster then when the Jun 2019 requirement was made or they’ll have to put new hires into the 88. Unless there’s another way to square being about 40 bodies short?

There were zero unbid vacancies on it after the July AE or the last AE, so new hires cannot be assigned to the 88 until an AE leaves positions unbid.

As an aside, we recently had a new hire from the last new hire class in June in the jumpseat. She was assigned MD in ATL, but then promptly got displaced to A220 in New York on the MOAB. Ready for 30,000 opinions from 14,000 pilots? Explain why some are hanging onto the 88, and if it will change enough to create new hire vacancies before it retires. Discuss amongs yourselves.
Funk is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:47 PM
  #2408  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 634
Default

Originally Posted by Funk View Post
There were zero unbid vacancies on it after the July AE or the last AE, so new hires cannot be assigned to the 88 until an AE leaves positions unbid.

As an aside, we recently had a new hire from the last new hire class in June in the jumpseat. She was assigned MD in ATL, but then promptly got displaced to A220 in New York on the MOAB. Ready for 30,000 opinions from 14,000 pilots? Explain why some are hanging onto the 88, and if it will change enough to create new hire vacancies before it retires. Discuss amongs yourselves.
no one was displaced from that June class to the A220 though, those people who were in that last June class were all awarded it via the AE.
Aviator147 is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 09:01 PM
  #2409  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by Funk View Post
There were zero unbid vacancies on it after the July AE or the last AE, so new hires cannot be assigned to the 88 until an AE leaves positions unbid.

As an aside, we recently had a new hire from the last new hire class in June in the jumpseat. She was assigned MD in ATL, but then promptly got displaced to A220 in New York on the MOAB. Ready for 30,000 opinions from 14,000 pilots? Explain why some are hanging onto the 88, and if it will change enough to create new hire vacancies before it retires. Discuss amongs yourselves.
True, but maybe this is why the memo with the last AE said they may have a small one in January (don’t recall exact verbiage) was because they suspected a shortage on the 88 as more people had their seat locks expire.

I suspect people in the bottom half will continue to flee as their seat locks expire, a sizable chunk on the list can’t leave. So each AE, more can and will. At the moment, it looks like the pace is outstripping the retirement rate. We’ll know for sure on the next AE I guess.

As for that NYC 220, seat lock doesn’t apply for a new base/category so she got it as an AE award. There were only ~20 VDs and no MDs on the last 88B displacement.
PNWProdigal is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:35 AM
  #2410  
Super Moderator
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 737
Posts: 6,469
Default

Cheesh, you guys almost sound as though you believe that there is some logic and advanced planning here. Almost as if Crew resources (CR) were proactive vice reactive.



Wrong - CR has what would normally be a very, very hard to do job, but is now basically an impossible job due to the schizophrenic nature of marketing. IOW all these last minute route/ship/model changes are impossible to keep up with in the best of times. Add to that numerous fleets, huge retirements etc and you can see why what someone in management says today totally earnestly may be 100% incorrect tomorrow.


OBTW - For years I was very critical of this but as long as we are the most profitable passenger airline in the world I must assume that there is some method to the seeming madness.



Plan for the worst and hope for the best.


Scoop

Last edited by Scoop; 12-05-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Scoop is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Aussiedoodle
United
9
09-10-2021 01:54 PM
MCFlyer
American
6024
02-11-2020 09:21 AM
Pilotfo64
Delta
21
07-08-2015 03:46 PM
Bobofighter
Major
42
11-10-2007 09:46 PM
WaterSkr
Cargo
7
09-24-2007 05:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread