Notices

DAL Class drops

Old 05-12-2019, 02:15 PM
  #2981  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 157
Default

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
The original question was from a current or prospective NH pilot asking about sitting LC from most likely an opposite coast most likely on a narrowbody fleet. My point was don't count on it very much if at all. That has nothing to do a positive outlook or glass half whatever. A trans con commute as a NH reserve thinking you're going to sit LC at home with anything other than a constant /clock/icrew/travelnet watching obsession is pretty much a pipe dream. DL's a great place to be for a lot of reasons, but that's not one of them.
Agreed. There is no way to responsibly sit LC from home unless you live in one of the few city pairs with a ton of frequency (ex. ORD, BOS, DCA to NYC). In most cases you get 16+ hours notice of an assignment but you have to plan for worst case scenario which would be 12 hours notice received in the evening. There aren't many commutes that would allow you two flight options if you're assigned an 8am show time at 8pm the night before, for example. That's why many pilots commute in and sit LC in base, even though its torture when you inevitably don't end up flying and know in hindsight you could have been home the whole time.
RJ4LIFE is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 03:29 PM
  #2982  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,056
Default

Originally Posted by RJ4LIFE View Post
Agreed. There is no way to responsibly sit LC from home unless you live in one of the few city pairs with a ton of frequency (ex. ORD, BOS, DCA to NYC). In most cases you get 16+ hours notice of an assignment but you have to plan for worst case scenario which would be 12 hours notice received in the evening. There aren't many commutes that would allow you two flight options if you're assigned an 8am show time at 8pm the night before, for example. That's why many pilots commute in and sit LC in base, even though its torture when you inevitably don't end up flying and know in hindsight you could have been home the whole time.
agree but it does happen, the last time i bid reserve in feb my last trip for the month was about 12:02 of notice with my phone ringing just after the clock hit midnight.
tunes is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 10:24 PM
  #2983  
Line Holder
 
GoneSailing's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Position: 320A
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by RJ4LIFE View Post
Agreed. There is no way to responsibly sit LC from home unless you live in one of the few city pairs with a ton of frequency (ex. ORD, BOS, DCA to NYC). In most cases you get 16+ hours notice of an assignment but you have to plan for worst case scenario which would be 12 hours notice received in the evening. There aren't many commutes that would allow you two flight options if you're assigned an 8am show time at 8pm the night before, for example. That's why many pilots commute in and sit LC in base, even though its torture when you inevitably don't end up flying and know in hindsight you could have been home the whole time.
Especially while on probation.
GoneSailing is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 06:39 AM
  #2984  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Crown's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: Not an RJ driver anymore
Posts: 754
Default

heard the drop yesterday was 5 NYC 73N and 10 A220 NYC
Crown is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 04:59 PM
  #2985  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunfighter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,260
Default

Originally Posted by tunes View Post
agree but it does happen, the last time i bid reserve in feb my last trip for the month was about 12:02 of notice with my phone ringing just after the clock hit midnight.
Yes it does. I checked iCrew before taking an afternoon nap on a Tuesday, clear of clouds and clear of IT. I was 3 deep in the 4 day bucket with with only 2 days til required rest. Less than an hour later my nap was interrupted with 12:05 until report. 1 leg on day 1 to 30 hour layover. It does happen more often than you think.
Gunfighter is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:03 PM
  #2986  
Super Moderator
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 737
Posts: 6,231
Default

Originally Posted by sidestep View Post
Wait, the management team led the airline to a $5B profit last year and they are ‘screwing up’? Maybe, just maybe - they know what they’re doing?

Dude,

Our management is good, very good. But that does not mean that they are infallible. We make record profits despite numerous management blunders.

Scoop
Scoop is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:55 PM
  #2987  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: Pilot
Posts: 2,228
Default

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Dude,

Our management is good, very good. But that does not mean that they are infallible. We make record profits despite numerous management blunders.

Scoop
A350 staffing rollout, anyone?
tennisguru is online now  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:02 PM
  #2988  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 468
Default

Originally Posted by tennisguru View Post
A350 staffing rollout, anyone?
How about the union-busting poster...
WakeWash is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:46 PM
  #2989  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)
Posts: 5,451
Default

Originally Posted by WakeWash View Post
How about the union-busting poster...
It gives you some idea of how the Co. views it's employees. Not particularly well thought out. Somebody is dangling somewhere.
badflaps is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 06:03 AM
  #2990  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat
Posts: 12,112
Default

Originally Posted by WakeWash View Post
How about the union-busting poster...
I don't think they thought of that. I'd bet they outsourced to some entity that supposedly has a reputation for being successful in that arena and that's what they got and now have to eat it.
gloopy is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Aussiedoodle
United
9
09-10-2021 12:54 PM
MCFlyer
American
6024
02-11-2020 08:21 AM
Pilotfo64
Delta
21
07-08-2015 02:46 PM
Bobofighter
Major
42
11-10-2007 08:46 PM
WaterSkr
Cargo
7
09-24-2007 04:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread