Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Endeavor Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/endeavor-air/)
-   -   Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/endeavor-air/88097-any-latest-greatest-about-endeavor.html)

preflight 03-31-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesWinfield (Post 3018461)
I don't know why we're expected to go without pay, go in debt to the company, and then take a furlough in a few months, when we are punching holes in the sky with less than 10% load factors. We're still doing DTW LAN with 3 people in the back. You can drive that leg in just over an hour.

On $1.55/gallon gas, no less!!!

PaloAlto 03-31-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preflight (Post 3018504)
On $1.55/gallon gas, no less!!!

Low oil prices wonít even come close to offsetting the massive revenue loss the airlines are experiencing.

Flogger 03-31-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumyum (Post 3017360)
not in this situation. History is completely irrelevant. Weíve never seen anything like this before. One minute everything is tits next total meltdown

History is never irrelevant. This thing is very much like the misnamed 1918 Spanish Flu. There are lessons to be learned from that tragedy. Airlines did not even exist then, but railroads did.

History never completely informs current situations, or the future, but like all forms of information, it should not be dismissed.

moonraker9 03-31-2020 10:35 AM

We can always learn from history. The CDC director is saying this virus may slow down over the summer but fall/winter months it will be back for another wave. If there is no vaccine by then, he said to expect more social distancing / lock down orders. I get it, but I have no idea how the entire world's economy is supposed to function if businesses are shutting down after just a few weeks of this.

Yumyum 03-31-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 3018536)
History is never irrelevant. This thing is very much like the misnamed 1918 Spanish Flu. There are lessons to be learned from that tragedy. Airlines did not even exist then, but railroads did.

History never completely informs current situations, or the future, but like all forms of information, it should not be dismissed.


i donít see this thing being anything like the Spanish flu. Not even close.

PaloAlto 03-31-2020 12:49 PM

All Endeavor NYC flights cancelled until April 3.

Currently expected to resume April 4 according to management.

Melit 03-31-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyWhite (Post 3017728)
Not true we do a huge amount of skywest maintenance as well as supply them for their RJ fleet supplies.

I read something about OO leasing 40 engines to delta for the CRJ

Yumyum 03-31-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaloAlto (Post 3018730)
All Endeavor NYC flights cancelled until April 3.

Currently expected to resume April 4 according to management.


what will 4 days accomplish? They need a quick reset. Scheduling slammed

PaloAlto 03-31-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumyum (Post 3018909)
what will 4 days accomplish? They need a quick reset. Scheduling slammed

Scheduling will be slammed until further notice the way things are going...

JonGoodsell764 03-31-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesWinfield (Post 3018461)
I don't know why we're expected to go without pay, go in debt to the company, and then take a furlough in a few months, when we are punching holes in the sky with less than 10% load factors. We're still doing DTW LAN with 3 people in the back. You can drive that leg in just over an hour.

As far as Iím concerned this isnít unpaid leave, itís paid leave. As in WE are paying to leave. Weíre going to end up paying not to work due to the health care premiums theyíre going to slap us with in lump sum as soon as we come back. Um, no?

Look, I think everyone needs to take a hard look at how they can chip in right now. This is an unmitigated disaster. All this union vs. company rhetoric needs to go out the window and we all need to push in the same direction. But paying to not work is absurd. ESPECIALLY when theyíre making crews sit in NYC April 1-4 without being released. F that. Pay me 50hrs/month, heck pay me rent money and Iíll take the time off. But if mgmt thinks Iím going to pay out of pocket to sit home then theyíve lost it. Idgaf what ****ing match Delta mgmt has going on with their pilot group, if you need us off property, offer some sort of incentive. Not 2 PS tickets to nowhere.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:00 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands