Notices

Hiring / training

Old 12-17-2021, 09:28 AM
  #2141  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2019
Posts: 453
Default

Originally Posted by skylars1 View Post
Hey guys. Trying to transition out of corporate, would love frontier. Two pic type ratings no ATP(I know strange). Questions is if I were to buy an atp type or at least go through the atp ctp myself would I have a strong shot at Frontier with 2500 hours? Low pic turbine timeÖbut I have some. Also does the company have a department I could as these questions I see on the website HR doesnít want soliscitation.
Next time you go to recurrent ask to do an ATP check ride? Even if you have to pay the difference. Iím not sure what aircraft or type of operation youíre with but not doing your ATP with a type ride is pretty strange. Itís almost no different, just paperwork. They just said this week that an ATP is a hard requirement, but thereís also new hires that arenít even 23 so who knows. R-ATPís Iíd guess.
All that being said get it ASAP otherwise your app wonít even be looked at, good luck!
JoeFever1 is offline  
Old 12-17-2021, 01:03 PM
  #2142  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 29
Default

Originally Posted by JoeFever1 View Post
Next time you go to recurrent ask to do an ATP check ride? Even if you have to pay the difference. Iím not sure what aircraft or type of operation youíre with but not doing your ATP with a type ride is pretty strange. Itís almost no different, just paperwork. They just said this week that an ATP is a hard requirement, but thereís also new hires that arenít even 23 so who knows. R-ATPís Iíd guess.
All that being said get it ASAP otherwise your app wonít even be looked at, good luck!
The guys that have R-ATP's are from flow programs, not the traditional path.
250tothemarker is offline  
Old 12-17-2021, 03:15 PM
  #2143  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by JoeFever1 View Post
Next time you go to recurrent ask to do an ATP check ride? Even if you have to pay the difference. Iím not sure what aircraft or type of operation youíre with but not doing your ATP with a type ride is pretty strange. Itís almost no different, just paperwork. They just said this week that an ATP is a hard requirement, but thereís also new hires that arenít even 23 so who knows. R-ATPís Iíd guess.
All that being said get it ASAP otherwise your app wonít even be looked at, good luck!
That was definitely the way to do it before 2014. Now a atp-ctp course is required as a prerequisite. Regionals offer the program but not many companies in the corporate side.
skylars1 is offline  
Old 12-17-2021, 04:25 PM
  #2144  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 49
Default

Youíre gonna have to do the ATP-CTP, probably self sponsored unless you want to go through a regional first. There are a few companies out there that do it in one go and youíll be done in 10-14 days-ish. Not sure if youíll get an interview but you sure wonít if you donít have the ATP.. Good luck
Sebastiaen is offline  
Old 12-17-2021, 05:30 PM
  #2145  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 588
Default

Originally Posted by skylars1 View Post
That was definitely the way to do it before 2014. Now a atp-ctp course is required as a prerequisite. Regionals offer the program but not many companies in the corporate side.
What corporate outfits are sending people to a type ride and not doing an ATP ride at the same time? ConfusedÖ
Powderkeg is offline  
Old 12-19-2021, 02:08 PM
  #2146  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cujo665's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...
Posts: 2,923
Default

Originally Posted by Powderkeg View Post
What corporate outfits are sending people to a type ride and not doing an ATP ride at the same time? Confused…
The new ATP requirements include stuff not included in type rating training.
Cujo665 is offline  
Old 12-21-2021, 05:44 PM
  #2147  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2020
Posts: 2
Arrow gestation

how many days does it take after the interview completion to start of training class if first opportunity availed
Vgodspeed is offline  
Old 12-21-2021, 05:52 PM
  #2148  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WaterRooster's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 895
Default

Originally Posted by Vgodspeed View Post
how many days does it take after the interview completion to start of training class if first opportunity availed
So how fast can you expect a class if you pass the interview? Probably the next month, that is the trend.
WaterRooster is offline  
Old 12-22-2021, 07:17 AM
  #2149  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 12
Default Biggest Problem of Frontier

Attrition, Growth... bla, bla, bla is Not the issue
The biggest problem of this airline is First Year Paid
With a rate of not even $60 an hour, having to pay for over 2.5 months for hotel and other expenses..plus the wait for IOE, etc
For middle-aged people with a family and a Mortgage, is really impossible to survive making less than $3500 a month after tax.
Let's be realistic, It's a Joke.
That's why a big chunk of people Leaves before year one,
Because First Year Is A Killer.
oneculiaoflyer is offline  
Old 12-22-2021, 07:28 AM
  #2150  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TOGALOCK's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 767
Default

Originally Posted by oneculiaoflyer View Post
Attrition, Growth... bla, bla, bla is Not the issue
The biggest problem of this airline is First Year Paid
With a rate of not even $60 an hour, having to pay for over 2.5 months for hotel and other expenses..plus the wait for IOE, etc
For middle-aged people with a family and a Mortgage, is really impossible to survive making less than $3500 a month after tax.
Let's be realistic, It's a Joke.
That's why a big chunk of people Leaves before year one,
Because First Year Is A Killer.
I donít disagree and those are things that the company has a right to change at any moment. Iím confident that they will when they feel they need to. However, as previously pointed out time and time again, yes we have attrition, but our net pilot growth per month at the moment is still on track (and better in some cases) with what we need. People have it in their minds that we need far more pilots than we do. If we were to have a net growth of 15 airplanes in a given year at approx 15 crews per plane (15x15) we need to only gain 225 pilots for the year. Or be able to net 18.75 pilots per month. We are still currently there at the moment.

Pilots need to be pilots and leave the running of the airline to the people that pulled us out of bankruptcy, made us profitable, and doubled our size since they took the helm. I donít like the way they run things anymore than anyone else and Iíve grown weary of pounding square pegs in round holes to make up for deficiencies every time I go to work, but I will concede that they know what they are doing. Indigo and BB are far smarter than you give them credit for. We just donít like how they operate.
TOGALOCK is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PaulG
Hawaiian
4
10-19-2017 04:24 PM
Lbell911
Regional
34
03-13-2016 04:38 AM
HuggyU2
Part 91 and Low Time
25
03-27-2013 02:24 PM
BTDTB4
Major
29
02-14-2012 12:27 PM
JungleBus
Major
121
12-20-2008 04:13 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread