Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
sulkair

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #4841  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags026 View Post
Yeah that pilot is a standup guy... A good friend... Very smart and having flown with him and knowing him well is better than most... Everyone is upset and rightfully so but Leave him out of it.
Great idea Jags, since he is a good friend of yours lets just forget it happened. I never suggested any thing against the guy other than using his poor judgement as an example of what not to do. I have provided learning moments for many on more than one occasion, no one is perfect. But you got to call it how you see it and just because he is a friend of yours doesn't make it o.k. I may or may not know you, but either way, if I were in the photo I would expect to be called on it. Nothing more but nothing less as well.
RockyMntAV8R is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #4842  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMntAV8R View Post
Great idea Jags, since he is a good friend of yours lets just forget it happened. I never suggested any thing against the guy other than using his poor judgement as an example of what not to do. I have provided learning moments for many on more than one occasion, no one is perfect. But you got to call it how you see it and just because he is a friend of yours doesn't make it o.k. I may or may not know you, but either way, if I were in the photo I would expect to be called on it. Nothing more but nothing less as well.
Whelp when one of my friends gets picked on for no good reason I back him up like everyone should. I'm not sure how him being in one photo has any bearing on loa 67... Contact negotiations... Or the price of tea in China for that matter... And thanks I thought it was a great idea too so that's why I mentioned it.. Glad you agree.
Jags026 is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #4843  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 61
Default

Jags, I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Maybe we have lots of pilots who are satisfied with our compensation package and CBA. If so I have to say I'm not one of them. I hope we can communicate to management that we are not happy with what we have or what they are offering to this point. I personally don't think taking pictures with management or being a feature and participating in their magazine sends this message. Just my thoughts. Anyway take care and we will see you on the line. Maybe we can discuss it over tea (Chinese maybe) sometime. Rocky
RockyMntAV8R is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #4844  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMntAV8R View Post
But you got to call it how you see it and just because he is a friend of yours doesn't make it o.k. I may or may not know you, but either way, if I were in the photo I would expect to be called on it. Nothing more but nothing less as well.
So if you just flew BB in and he, or whoever with him wanted a pic with you, you'd just say thanks but no thanks?

The comments on this board clearly demonstrate a lack of contract negotiation experience at major airlines.
Some of you ought to find a new profession. You'll be going through these negotiations your entire career, no need to be so miserable. Go find something else to do.
How long did UPS just take to get a TA?

Is the pay where it needs to be? NO it's not. Will it get there, yes.
The last group that went through this with the same ownership had to go on strike to get a contract. Which, at the time was a damn good contract. Everyone of you should expect nothing less.

In the mean time this silly BS about hats and what the hell ever else is ridiculous. To not take care of your pax during this time is ridiculous also. You'll still need those pax when you get your new contract.

If any of you think the flow of pilots coming will slow down your delusional. Hate to tell you how old that line of BS is.
"They'll realize we need a new contract when nobody shows up to class". Right.
That day will never come those seats will keep being filled.

You want more pay and a better contract? Get ready to go the distance just like every other damn pilot group since the beginning of this profession.
Trowserchilli is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #4845  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ULLI's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 287
Default

@trow

This has nothing to do with negotiations new contract rates. This has to do with company holding their end re LOA67. If you work here you should know.

Everyone here understands that contracts don't occur over night, however we are talking about a different issue.
ULLI is online now  
Old 07-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #4846  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Prone Supported
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearCreek View Post
Right now there are frontier crews... wearing the optional and idiotic looking hat. These people are the reason why we get treated like crap from management.
Wow. I wear a hat because of family history with skin cancer, and I'm mostly bald on top. I had no idea I was causing you so much grief. Sorry for doing that to you, bro!
Arty13 is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #4847  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: doggy style
Posts: 1,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowserchilli View Post
So if you just flew BB in and he, or whoever with him wanted a pic with you, you'd just say thanks but no thanks?

The comments on this board clearly demonstrate a lack of contract negotiation experience at major airlines.
Some of you ought to find a new profession. You'll be going through these negotiations your entire career, no need to be so miserable. Go find something else to do.
How long did UPS just take to get a TA?
........

You want more pay and a better contract? Get ready to go the distance just like every other damn pilot group since the beginning of this profession.
Wow, do you even work here? Are you even familiar with LOA 67. If not, shut your yap.
DENpilot is offline  
Old 07-02-2016, 04:14 AM   #4848  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMntAV8R View Post
Jags, I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Maybe we have lots of pilots who are satisfied with our compensation package and CBA. If so I have to say I'm not one of them. I hope we can communicate to management that we are not happy with what we have or what they are offering to this point. I personally don't think taking pictures with management or being a feature and participating in their magazine sends this message. Just my thoughts. Anyway take care and we will see you on the line. Maybe we can discuss it over tea (Chinese maybe) sometime. Rocky
Sounds like a plan Rocky I look forward to it. See you out there.
Jags026 is offline  
Old 07-02-2016, 04:23 AM   #4849  
Gets Weekends Off
 
skater3260's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: BE90 Left
Posts: 154
Default

When does JetBlue's hiring window open next?
skater3260 is offline  
Old 07-02-2016, 04:50 AM   #4850  
Gets Weekends Off
 
F9 Driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2010
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMntAV8R View Post
And I would also like to offer a big thank you to all who voted for the concessions over the years and especially LOA 67, that's now the crap starting point where we are negotiating from. But if it makes you feel better give yourself a big ol' pat on the back, tell yourself you are responsible for saving the company and at least we have Denver! 
Way to demonstrate unity.

Educate yourself about what it means to work in this industry, and what the Frontier pilots did to keep the lights on in order to have this fight, and providing you with the job you have. Try to sound like you have a clue, and less like you're entitled to something bought with other pilots' money.

Did you see what happened to the UAL contract after the tech bubble burst and 9/11 happened? Their contract was rejected in bankruptcy under 1113, their A fund went away, their work rules went to FARs and our 319 pay was higher than their 757/76 pay.

This industry has a cycle and airllnes have a lifespan. We are arguably better off than United was after their bankruptcy 13 years ago, but have a LONG way to go before we get to a decent contract again. And it was decent by 2006 (Frontier having lost money for 6 years running) standards.

Maybe we should have gone out of business a long time ago, but we didn't because of the sacrifices of the pilots who came before you. You think we WANTED to work for less? We went through a bankruptcy we probably shouldn't have survived. Who was hiring in 2008/9?

Next time you see one of those pilots who voted for those concessions just say thank you, and ask how you can help make this a better place instead of throwing rocks from the sidelines - helping management divide us.
https://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk
F9 Driver is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frontier to do contract "fixed-fee" flying Bucking Bar Frontier 15 07-24-2011 07:07 PM
Combined 2011 Hiring Info lolwut Major 24 12-01-2010 03:21 AM
Frontier acquisition? Denver Post article 4 Fan Trashcan Mergers and Acquisitions 7 01-28-2009 09:27 AM
Alaska Airlines Welcomes Frontier Alaska As New Partner Ak Pilot Major 7 07-10-2008 09:30 AM
Frontier hiring update Freight Dog Hiring News 3 09-29-2005 04:02 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:59 PM.