Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
sulkair

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #4831  
Gets Weekends Off
 
phoenix 23684's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Airbus F/O
Posts: 310
Default

I just read the letter from ALPA regarding negotiations this week. This is a clear message that Management intends to turn Frontier into a regional with Airbus. Same mindset! Any F/O or Jr Capt without trying to get a job elsewhere needs to re-think that thought. I keep hoping one for the big 3 gives me a chance.

I had hopes for F9 when I started back in 2014, but now I know better. Come to F9, get your type/experience and use them to get to the next level. This is no longer a career airline.

I sure hope our MEC does not sign the LOA for the EFBs, they want to drag this for 4 years, they can wait 4 years for that provision a well.
phoenix 23684 is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #4832  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Wink's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 480
Default

Haven't read the whole thread so forgive me, but the general tone F9 seems pretty upset. Would you all really recommend staying at a regional vs accepting a position at Frontier? Does F9 not have soft time to hit high credits or days off like Spirit?
Wink is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #4833  
Gets Weekends Off
 
motorboatin's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink View Post
Haven't read the whole thread so forgive me, but the general tone F9 seems pretty upset. Would you all really recommend staying at a regional vs accepting a position at Frontier? Does F9 not have soft time to hit high credits or days off like Spirit?
Go back and read, then you'll realize to never come back onto the F9 thread again.
motorboatin is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 03:10 PM   #4834  
Line Holder
 
RockyMntAV8R's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
Default

What the hell does wearing the idiotic hat have to do with this? You wear the rest of the idiotic uniform. The rest of your points are right on! You left out another very important activity that some of the pilots are engaging in, being featured in the company's "Winning" publication and stating how great it is to work at F9. One of our own even thought it was cool to pose with B.B! WOW! And I would also like to offer a big thank you to all who voted for the concessions over the years and especially LOA 67, that's now the crap starting point where we are negotiating from. But if it makes you feel better give yourself a big ol' pat on the back, tell yourself you are responsible for saving the company and at least we have Denver! 
RockyMntAV8R is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #4835  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ColdWhiskey's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Posts: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMntAV8R View Post
What the hell does wearing the idiotic hat have to do with this? You wear the rest of the idiotic uniform. The rest of your points are right on! You left out another very important activity that some of the pilots are engaging in, being featured in the company's "Winning" publication and stating how great it is to work at F9. One of our own even thought it was cool to pose with B.B! WOW! And I would also like to offer a big thank you to all who voted for the concessions over the years and especially LOA 67, that's now the crap starting point where we are negotiating from. But if it makes you feel better give yourself a big ol' pat on the back, tell yourself you are responsible for saving the company and at least we have Denver! 
There is a whole lot of truth in this one paragraph!!!
ColdWhiskey is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #4836  
Line Holder
 
NoCoairbus's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 36
Default

As opposed to not signing LOA 67, the company liquidating, which it was about to, and over 600 pilots being on the street? Yeah, that would have been a brilliant decision.
LOA 67 kept us employed and allowed those who wanted to to search for another job while still having one. I'm staying here but it has nothing to do with the company. Life gets complicated when you have kids.
And LOA 67 was voted in by over 80% of the pilots. EVERYONE understood the situation the company was in and for guys to complain years later about it is disingenuous in the least.
I'm afraid my working 7 days a month while on reserve is about to come to an end. 😂
NoCoairbus is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #4837  
On Reserve
 
Boat Rower's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMntAV8R View Post
What the hell does wearing the idiotic hat have to do with this? You wear the rest of the idiotic uniform. The rest of your points are right on! You left out another very important activity that some of the pilots are engaging in, being featured in the company's "Winning" publication and stating how great it is to work at F9. One of our own even thought it was cool to pose with B.B! WOW! And I would also like to offer a big thank you to all who voted for the concessions over the years and especially LOA 67, that's now the crap starting point where we are negotiating from. But if it makes you feel better give yourself a big ol' pat on the back, tell yourself you are responsible for saving the company and at least we have Denver! 
If you're referring to the recent BB pic of him with the crew/pilot that flew him to Springs(?) or wherever, cut that FO some slack. He's a friend of mine and was probably put in the awkward position of having to pose for company propaganda. He doesn't belong on your sh*t list, he's a sharp guy.

If it's a different pic then nvm
Boat Rower is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #4838  
Line Holder
 
RockyMntAV8R's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat Rower View Post
If you're referring to the recent BB pic of him with the crew/pilot that flew him to Springs(?) or wherever, cut that FO some slack. He's a friend of mine and was probably put in the awkward position of having to pose for company propaganda. He doesn't belong on your sh*t list, he's a sharp guy.

If it's a different pic then nvm
I never said the guy was not sharp, a great guy and all the above. I would be interested in learning about the awkward position he was put in to take the photo. I don't know who has the bigger smile, him or B.B. I think the pilot group in general is being put in an awkward position during negotiations from this type of self inflicted propaganda! Why would the company not think we are a happy group when we are willing to snuggle up to management and take pictures with them. I would think you could politely just say no thank you! Not going to call the guy out by name or assign him PM duties on all the legs I fly with him, I just think we should knock this crap off and now!
RockyMntAV8R is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #4839  
Gets Weekends Off
 
phoenix 23684's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Airbus F/O
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink View Post
Haven't read the whole thread so forgive me, but the general tone F9 seems pretty upset. Would you all really recommend staying at a regional vs accepting a position at Frontier? Does F9 not have soft time to hit high credits or days off like Spirit?
Come here if you like, you'll get A-320 type/experience and honestly most likely better QOL vs regional and eventually pay. That being said, if you have a flow in a year, I would remain at your regional. Otherwise come here and keep updating your apps, and hope you get a call at the big 3. However if that never happens, at least you are sitting at a national carrier vs a regional and eventually pay will come up somewhat. Get the offer then decide, you can't decide until you have an offer.
phoenix 23684 is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 05:12 PM   #4840  
Line Holder
 
Jags026's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 78
Default

Yeah that pilot is a standup guy... A good friend... Very smart and having flown with him and knowing him well is better than most... Everyone is upset and rightfully so but Leave him out of it.
Jags026 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frontier to do contract "fixed-fee" flying Bucking Bar Frontier 15 07-24-2011 07:07 PM
Combined 2011 Hiring Info lolwut Major 24 12-01-2010 03:21 AM
Frontier acquisition? Denver Post article 4 Fan Trashcan Mergers and Acquisitions 7 01-28-2009 09:27 AM
Alaska Airlines Welcomes Frontier Alaska As New Partner Ak Pilot Major 7 07-10-2008 09:30 AM
Frontier hiring update Freight Dog Hiring News 3 09-29-2005 04:02 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:28 PM.