Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
sulkair

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #7641  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Airbus Captain
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetalc View Post
+1. You aren't Neil Nailer, if you think that's what I was getting at...
So no one is allowed to have their own opinions, that's great. And when your opinions are different, or unfavored, you're labeled something nasty. I agree also that we are mostly a unified pilot group, and I'm certainly on the side of the pilots. Just because I come to work, do my job and don't bang the union drum as loud as others, I get called names. That's really mature. More people here need to look in the mirror before being so fast to point fingers at other people.
A319 is offline  
Old 04-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #7642  
Pro Button Pusher
 
Jetalc's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 Series CA
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A319 View Post
So no one is allowed to have their own opinions, that's great. And when your opinions are different, or unfavored, you're labeled something nasty. I agree also that we are mostly a unified pilot group, and I'm certainly on the side of the pilots. Just because I come to work, do my job and don't bang the union drum as loud as others, I get called names. That's really mature. More people here need to look in the mirror before being so fast to point fingers at other people.
And we aren't "allowed" to strongly disagree with you? Hypocrite.
Jetalc is offline  
Old 04-03-2017, 11:53 AM   #7643  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Airbus Captain
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetalc View Post
And we aren't "allowed" to strongly disagree with you? Hypocrite.
We all certainly are allowed to agree or disagree with whomever we'd like, in a professional manner. My problem here, is that it isn't always done in a compassionate manner or it is outright hostile, that's not fair.
A319 is offline  
Old 04-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #7644  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A319 View Post
We all certainly are allowed to agree or disagree with whomever we'd like, in a professional manner. My problem here, is that it isn't always done in a compassionate manner or it is outright hostile, that's not fair.
Compassionate?? Really? Like the way you treat gate agents, ground personnel, and First Officers? Give me a break!
ColdWhiskey is offline  
Old 04-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #7645  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder
Posts: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdWhiskey View Post
Compassionate?? Really? Like the way you treat gate agents, ground personnel, and First Officers? Give me a break!
Ladies, ladies...

First of all, this is an anonymous blog. It should remain as such and anyone threatening to change that for any one or group of people is just as despicable as the person they are trying to out.

Second, all this back and forth is doing the exact opposite in terms of providing hiring info to potential new hires - It is actually driving people away. Maybe that's your goal but I'm junior enough to still want numbers below my seniority as soon as possible.

Third, and most importantly, everyone has an opinion. A319 has his/hers and no matter how bad you think it is, your reactions to him justify his beliefs. We should be embracing him and showing him the err of his ways in a calm, polite matter.

Do you really want unity or do you just want to complain?
dracir1 is offline  
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #7646  
Pro Button Pusher
 
Jetalc's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 Series CA
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
Ladies, ladies...

First of all, this is an anonymous blog. It should remain as such and anyone threatening to change that for any one or group of people is just as despicable as the person they are trying to out.

Second, all this back and forth is doing the exact opposite in terms of providing hiring info to potential new hires - It is actually driving people away. Maybe that's your goal but I'm junior enough to still want numbers below my seniority as soon as possible.

Third, and most importantly, everyone has an opinion. A319 has his/hers and no matter how bad you think it is, your reactions to him justify his beliefs. We should be embracing him and showing him the err of his ways in a calm, polite matter.

Do you really want unity or do you just want to complain?
1. How did you know I was a lady? Outed again...
2. Embracing? Don't think so. His opinions, to which yes, he is of course entitled, undermine our efforts. It's just a discussion - I (and many others) strongly disagree with his opinion, and feel that his thoughts as put forward in this forum, undermine the unity we are trying to achieve. I believe this has been done in a fairly calm manner, and the fact that he feels "victimized" by our "harsh words" is standard OP for those that try to make a splash with words like his and expect, since he's pretty senior, that everyone will just fade away and not say anything. Not me.
3. I kind of like complaining - especially when it's for an obvious wrong. And it is rather therapeutic.
4. Driving away new-hires - you probably have a point there. It's tough when we are earning 40% below the industry standard in compensation, are in the middle of a (most likely) contentious fight to get a fair contract, and are tired of the idiocies of those who are "running the show". I'm sure the potential new hires look right past that stuff and look at the tone of a discussion on an anonymous discussion forum...

Look - I hear what you're saying, and a little less adversity would probably be appropriate. Just hard to let comments made by certain individuals slide based on a "difference of opinion" without injecting some opposing view. If that's too "harsh" for A319, maybe he shouldn't have made all of the idiotic comments in the first place?
Jetalc is offline  
Old 04-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #7647  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A319 View Post
We all certainly are allowed to agree or disagree with whomever we'd like, in a professional manner. My problem here, is that it isn't always done in a compassionate manner or it is outright hostile, that's not fair.
Why don't you call pro-standards, or screw that, just go straight to HR if you feel as though you're being treated unfairly on this web board. LOL, it's not fair. Are you kidding me?? What's the slang word for a feline?? A319.
motorboatin is offline  
Old 04-04-2017, 04:55 AM   #7648  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder
Posts: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetalc View Post
4. Driving away new-hires - you probably have a point there. It's tough when we are earning 40% below the industry standard in compensation, are in the middle of a (most likely) contentious fight to get a fair contract, and are tired of the idiocies of those who are "running the show". I'm sure the potential new hires look right past that stuff and look at the tone of a discussion on an anonymous discussion forum...

Look - I hear what you're saying, and a little less adversity would probably be appropriate. Just hard to let comments made by certain individuals slide based on a "difference of opinion" without injecting some opposing view. If that's too "harsh" for A319, maybe he shouldn't have made all of the idiotic comments in the first place?
Name calling. I don't have a problem w/ that.

But, mentioning who someone ACTUALLY is by name on an anonymous blogsite - uh, no. Not appropriate at all. Main point to what I was saying.
dracir1 is offline  
Old 04-04-2017, 12:12 PM   #7649  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 318
Default

Lines in May avg 16.2 days off and 76.3 hours of credit. 42% are 3 days, 32% 4 days. In Denver.

We just need to work on increasing the credit by about 5 ish hours on average but the QOL is nice.
SFA320 is offline  
Old 04-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #7650  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 129
Default

Is anybody getting in with less than 2500tt?
Kerizbro is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frontier to do contract "fixed-fee" flying Bucking Bar Frontier 15 07-24-2011 07:07 PM
Combined 2011 Hiring Info lolwut Major 24 12-01-2010 03:21 AM
Frontier acquisition? Denver Post article 4 Fan Trashcan Mergers and Acquisitions 7 01-28-2009 09:27 AM
Alaska Airlines Welcomes Frontier Alaska As New Partner Ak Pilot Major 7 07-10-2008 09:30 AM
Frontier hiring update Freight Dog Hiring News 3 09-29-2005 04:02 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:09 AM.