Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 03-24-2014, 11:30 AM
  #5151  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FlyBoyd's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: FDX 767 FO
Posts: 817
Default

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
That guy is simply awesome. Anyone that has the stones to write the crap he does in the way he does it is outside the realm of criticism and in a state of being that transcends enlightenment. He's the pilot equivalent of that idiot ex flight attentand blogger (not worth searching) that used to write misleading populist drivel like "pilots sometimes turn off packs to save oxygen which can damage your eyes which is OK for them because they have their own oxygen up there but if you feel drowsy or that your vision is deteriorating, tell the flight attendant to tell the pilots to turn the other pack on" etc.

And no I'm not exagerating.
Yea...ummm...about that - we need to divert one pack's oxygen to the sprayers for an optimal mixture. So until some engineer designs a better system, or we upgrade to the nitrogen based spray mixture, we will have to put up with the drowsy passengers while we are spraying.
FlyBoyd is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 11:59 AM
  #5152  
Gets Weekends Off
 
sandlapper223's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: More Drag
Posts: 447
Default

Originally Posted by FlyBoyd View Post
Yea...ummm...about that - we need to divert one pack's oxygen to the sprayers for an optimal mixture. So until some engineer designs a better system, or we upgrade to the nitrogen based spray mixture, we will have to put up with the drowsy passengers while we are spraying.
Don't let CNN read this. They will try to put it throught the "CNN simulator" and test the theory, all with Captain "Floor-mopper" at the helm.
sandlapper223 is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 03:46 PM
  #5153  
Gets Weekends Off
 
XDriverX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Position: A320
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by sandlapper223 View Post
Don't let CNN read this. They will try to put it throught the "CNN simulator" and test the theory, all with Captain "Floor-mopper" at the helm.
The guys N'Synch goat tee and general moronic appearance fit right in with the tool reporter trying to act like descending is an emergency procedure.
I laughed out loud when I saw that report last night. Pure high energy retardness.
XDriverX is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 04:02 PM
  #5154  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,904
Default

Originally Posted by XDriverX View Post
The guys N'Synch goat tee and general moronic appearance fit right in with the tool reporter trying to act like descending is an emergency procedure.
I laughed out loud when I saw that report last night. Pure high energy retardness.


Yup they called it a "high dive"
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
  #5155  
Line Holder
 
GHOST's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by sandlapper223 View Post
Don't let CNN read this. They will try to put it throught the "CNN simulator" and test the theory, all with Captain "Floor-mopper" at the helm.
Why do you and others on this forum feel compelled to make derogatory statements about a gentlemen you have never met. Do you believe that you and other "white collar" professionals are superior to someone who mops floors for a living? Others may not have been as fortunate as you and/or given the same opportunities.

GHOST
GHOST is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
  #5156  
The Brown Dot +1
 
scambo1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B
Posts: 7,775
Default

Originally Posted by GHOST View Post
Why do you and others on this forum feel compelled to make derogatory statements about a gentlemen you have never met. Do you believe that you and other "white collar" professionals are superior to someone who mops floors for a living? Others may not have been as fortunate as you and/or given the same opportunities.

GHOST
Pretty sure in this particular case, the expert in question decided to go on national tv and make a fool of himself. That is called "making a choice." In his case it was a bad choice and he gets to live with the consequences of his decision.

He is the one on CNN. It seems that he has been given an "opportunity."
scambo1 is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 06:37 PM
  #5157  
Gets Weekends Off
 
sandlapper223's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: More Drag
Posts: 447
Default

Originally Posted by GHOST View Post
Why do you and others on this forum feel compelled to make derogatory statements about a gentlemen you have never met. Do you believe that you and other "white collar" professionals are superior to someone who mops floors for a living? Others may not have been as fortunate as you and/or given the same opportunities.

GHOST
I, like most in my profession, have worked very hard to obtain the skills and standards to obtain my position. I've earned it. It was definitely not given to me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not dogging on all the floor moppers of the world, just dogging on a network that uses a guy who pretends to do the job we all do, and doesn't even have the courtesy to wear a pressed shirt and a pair of slacks.

Let's not forget the shameless plug by a "sim experience" company aimed at giving the average joe a "pilot experience". They do not train professional airline pilots, nor are they staffed by them. Nor is their sim even a sim, more an FTD.

But they sure love the exposure on a global scale - an embarrassment to all of the professionals that do our job everyday. You'll notice there are no US companies or airlines that would agree to be exploited by the media to feed the drama and the ratings. And if "floor mopper" is going to get on international TV and attempt to demonstrate the skill set of a job he apparently knows nothing about, he should have prepared himself.
sandlapper223 is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 06:48 PM
  #5158  
Line Holder
 
GHOST's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by sandlapper223 View Post
I, like most in my profession, have worked very hard to obtain the skills and standards to obtain my position. I've earned it. It was definitely not given to me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not dogging on all the floor moppers of the world, just dogging on a network that uses a guy who pretends to do the job we all do, and doesn't even have the courtesy to wear a pressed shirt and a pair of slacks.

Let's not forget the shameless plug by a "sim experience" company aimed at giving the average joe a "pilot experience". They do not train professional airline pilots, nor are they staffed by them. Nor is their sim even a sim, more an FTD.

But they sure love the exposure on a global scale - an embarrassment to all of the professionals that do our job everyday. You'll notice there are no US companies or airlines that would agree to be exploited by the media to feed the drama and the ratings. And if "floor mopper" is going to get on international TV and attempt to demonstrate the skill set of a job he apparently knows nothing about, he should have prepared himself.
Fair enough, and well said. Thank you for your clarification!

GHOST
GHOST is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 07:15 PM
  #5159  
Runs with scissors
 
Timbo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .
Posts: 7,728
Default

Originally Posted by XDriverX View Post
The guys N'Synch goat tee and general moronic appearance fit right in with the tool reporter trying to act like descending is an emergency procedure.
I laughed out loud when I saw that report last night. Pure high energy retardness.
Those morons in that FTD should know that the accepted procedure to get a 777 down quickly is to simply roll it upside down and split S it right onto final. I'm sure that's exactly what the Malaysion guys did too!

60% of the time, it works every time!
Timbo is offline  
Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM
  #5160  
Meh...
 
Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: Nunya
Posts: 240
Default

...back to tool of the day.

USAPA, for creating a situation where probationary pilots are now bidding captain seats, while 16 year FO's west of the Missisipi stagnate.

Foxtrot Uniform usucka.
757HI is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices