Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #16991  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DC8DRIVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
1. Somewhat, just the way of doing business, nothing personal.

2. Self inflicted yes.

3. Compared to others they’re not the industries finest and that why we’re in negotiations.
^^^ Definitely NOT this!! ^^^^^^

Self Inflicted?? HA!
DC8DRIVER is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #16992  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Posts: 199
Default

The tactic of calling those who legitimately disagree with you a bully.....is the tactic of a real bully!
CargoPirate is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #16993  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
1. Somewhat, just the way of doing business, nothing personal.

It is very personal. The company is definetly trying to strip us of our right to vote on a new contract. They are trying to IMPOSE a new contract through the arbiter. In addition, they are not negotiating in good faith, BUT they are using stall tactics and bad faith negotiations to drag out the process while they use the courts to try to intimidate us.

2. Self inflicted yes.

Utter poppycock. See above

3. Compared to others they’re not the industries finest and that why we’re in negotiations.


Not the industries finest? How about the current contract which was IMPOSED and not voted on is complete garbage. Flying 747s and 767s around the world to hostile locations for commuter wages and benefits is total garbage.


All the while management is paying themselves ABOVE industry standard and giving themselves giant bonuses!
CargoPirate is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #16994  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Wichita
Posts: 347
Default

Wow- how pathetic are Dave and WearySack. Just pathetic.
JackStraw is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #16995  
Ice-bagger
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Wow- how pathetic are Dave and WearySack. Just pathetic.
What is pathetic is that you are attacking a union dues paying member in good standing for merely disagreeing with you. I have never attacked you personally. What is pathetic about my position? I want a better contract too. I think that the company has resorted to leveraging every element of the contract to it's benefit....but haven't we done the same? Remember "boot" and "shop"? I just don't let it affect me like it affects you. I have a life outside of Atlas and the union. My career doesn't define me. I don't let this consume my consciousness.
Davetastic is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #16996  
Ice-bagger
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoPirate View Post
[/COLOR]

All the while management is paying themselves ABOVE industry standard and giving themselves giant bonuses!

SO WHAT? There is nothing that you or I can do about it. Go fishing. Enjoy life.

FYI....I am glad that you are passionate about your position. I think to have purpose serves a purpose but please don't try and change me. I don't want to be changed nor can I until I want to change. And for now, I like where I am thank you very much and I am asking for you, AND ALL to please respect me and my position and move on. I have heard you and I get it...now hear me and accept that my opinion is mine and you must live with it.

Last edited by Davetastic; 04-12-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Davetastic is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #16997  
Ice-bagger
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoPirate View Post
The tactic of calling those who legitimately disagree with you a bully.....is the tactic of a real bully!

So let me get this straight, I am a bully because I call you a bully? ......uh......Just lame.
Davetastic is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #16998  
Ice-bagger
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
^^^ Definitely NOT this!! ^^^^^^

Self Inflicted?? HA!

I think it is self inflicted too. A couple of pages back someone made reference to a guy he was flying with that got so spun up about the progress of negotiations that he just tuned the guy out until the guy came back down to earth. YEAH, I call that self inflicted. The company did not make the guy get spun up....He did that all on his own. We own our behaviors and we don't have to resort to spinning out of control insisting that those around us must do the same.
Davetastic is offline  
Old 04-13-2018, 04:30 AM   #16999  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 560
Default

While the fight continues with TiredSoul and Davetastic, the ship continues to take on water. Appearances may look okay from the outside, but things are getting more dire by the minute on the SS Atlas.

As the pilot market continues to tighten, we may be reaching a point of no return. We are hiring inexperienced and/or low-time pilots as this is NOT a destination airline, while we are experiencing high pilot churn, compounded by fleet growth.

The scenario is fast approaching where upgrades happen before a pilot gets seasoned and his/her first officer is close to ATP mins, while the crew compliment is tasked with performing some of the most challenging flying in the world.

Everyone at Atlas sees the problem, including middle management but nobody in upper management will admit it.

Gross negligence, manslaughter...I wonder how the executives will look wearing the color orange?
JonnyKnoxville is offline  
Old 04-13-2018, 04:58 AM   #17000  
Ice-bagger
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
While the fight continues with TiredSoul and Davetastic, the ship continues to take on water. Appearances may look okay from the outside, but things are getting more dire by the minute on the SS Atlas.

As the pilot market continues to tighten, we may be reaching a point of no return. We are hiring inexperienced and/or low-time pilots as this is NOT a destination airline, while we are experiencing high pilot churn, compounded by fleet growth.

The scenario is fast approaching where upgrades happen before a pilot gets seasoned and his/her first officer is close to ATP mins, while the crew compliment is tasked with performing some of the most challenging flying in the world.

Everyone at Atlas sees the problem, including middle management but nobody in upper management will admit it.

Gross negligence, manslaughter...I wonder how the executives will look wearing the color orange?
I don't disagree with your points however talks about a hull loss and a "dire situation" and "the most challenging flying" are all compounded and highly amplified by individuals who bring that fight to the cockpit where is does not belong making our job more difficult than it has to be.

I agree that we need a contract but DON'T bring contract talk to the cockpit because if a disagreement ensues, barriers go up and CRM breaks down. I call that self inflicted.
Davetastic is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
hey 744driver
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atlas Air AAL763 Cargo 112 12-10-2016 04:13 PM
Mountain Air Cargo is hiring FOs for ATR ProceedOnCourse Hiring News 23 08-16-2009 06:40 PM
Pacific Wings charges its pilots for CASS cencal83406 Regional 17 02-03-2009 07:19 PM
Mountain Air Cargo Hiring astropilot92571 Hiring News 4 04-26-2005 08:58 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:00 AM.