Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 04-02-2023, 09:32 AM
  #14051  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
JB is overstaffed, the airplanes aren't coming, and a reduction in flying for the NY metro. Why would they hire for growth? What are we missing?
We are also hiring for CBA compliance in staffing. Even with the slow down of deliveries . We will still take more aircraft this year and the next than we lose. Itís really simple math though . The current planned number for hiring is > than current planned attrition. Therfore, all our hiring simply canít only be for attrition . Either our planned hiring number has to come down, or the planned attrition has to go up, respectively. For us to only be hiring for attrition .
Quiet Storm is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 10:23 AM
  #14052  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,904
Default

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
Either our planned hiring number has to come down, or the planned attrition has to go up, respectively. For us to only be hiring for attrition .
Could either of these have happened and just not been communicated to you yet? Is that not entirely possible?
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 10:35 AM
  #14053  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Could either of these have happened and just not been communicated to you yet? Is that not entirely possible?
Sure, itís possible.
Quiet Storm is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 11:25 AM
  #14054  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,519
Default

Did they plan for a pilot attrition of 55 for March 👀?
RiddleEagle18 is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 12:41 PM
  #14055  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Posts: 462
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Could either of these have happened and just not been communicated to you yet? Is that not entirely possible?
Who do you think has better info? The VP of Flight Ops or some random guy on the internet?
PSU Flyer is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 12:59 PM
  #14056  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,904
Default

Originally Posted by PSU Flyer View Post
Who do you think has better info? The VP of Flight Ops or some random guy on the internet?
My question was for illumination purposes...
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 01:16 PM
  #14057  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
JB is overstaffed, the airplanes aren't coming, and a reduction in flying for the NY metro. Why would they hire for growth? What are we missing?
I donít know what the hiring plans are, I donít even think JetBlue is 100% sure. But, I doubt JetBlue is going to throw their hands up in the air and just give up this summer. A lot of the capacity taken out of NY will be re-deployed elsewhere. The planes arenít going to get parked during the busiest summer since 2019.
Mikeer50 is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 04:10 PM
  #14058  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,904
Default

Originally Posted by Mikeer50 View Post
I donít know what the hiring plans are, I donít even think JetBlue is 100% sure. But, I doubt JetBlue is going to throw their hands up in the air and just give up this summer. A lot of the capacity taken out of NY will be re-deployed elsewhere. The planes arenít going to get parked during the busiest summer since 2019.
Agreed, most likely fly elsewhere. Still, staffing is heavy, and the deliveries are still way behind.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 04:38 PM
  #14059  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Agreed, most likely fly elsewhere. Still, staffing is heavy, and the deliveries are still way behind.
Iím not sure they are really that ďheavyĒ on staffing. Very little open time and reserves sitting home is how staffing is supposed to look. We have been so conditioned to be under staffed we wouldnít know correct staffing if it smacked us in the face. I think with our attrition numbers fluctuating and the CBA maturing our staffing numbers arenít that far off. Either way, it will be like someone threw a switch and we will be understaffed soon enough.
Mikeer50 is offline  
Old 04-02-2023, 04:47 PM
  #14060  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2023
Posts: 175
Default

Originally Posted by Mikeer50 View Post
Iím not sure they are really that ďheavyĒ on staffing. Very little open time and reserves sitting home is how staffing is supposed to look. We have been so conditioned to be under staffed we wouldnít know correct staffing if it smacked us in the face. I think with our attrition numbers fluctuating and the CBA maturing our staffing numbers arenít that far off. Either way, it will be like someone threw a switch and we will be understaffed soon enough.
I dunnoÖ they love to run lean and run hot. Trimming the numbers may get them into the sweet spot again.
Forward lav is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Freight Dog
Hiring News
26
08-01-2016 01:48 PM
RiddleEagle18
Major
1
04-21-2011 07:13 AM
tone
Hiring News
139
05-16-2010 09:34 PM
tone
Hiring News
22
04-28-2010 05:20 AM
ryane946
Major
6
02-21-2007 04:17 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices