Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 12-05-2015, 06:28 AM
  #6361  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
You do realize a gateway 7 guy will have the same minimum qualifications as any other pilot, right? This isn't a new certificate with new qualification requirements. They will come in as a new hire to QT training, and once they are on line for a few months they will be indistinguishable from anyone else. You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

We already hire cape air guys with nearly the same time. They have the same training as gateway 7 pretty much, and they built time in piston twins. Do you refuse to fly with them?

You should work on your ability as a captain if you aren't comfortable flying with a less experienced FO.
You should work on your knowledge of the programs.

These pilots will not have the same training as current new hires. Not even close. For current new hires this will most likely be their third or fourth new hire training cycle be it 135 or 121. Or they're coming from the military. The G7 guys will be going through their first airline training curriculum at JetBlue.

As far as the cape air guys they come here with around 4000 hours total time. Most of that as PIC in challenging flying conditions. So you cannot even compare the two programs.

The G7 guys will come here with 1500 hours. Competitive hiring mins for a new hire is 5000.
rvr1800 is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 07:22 AM
  #6362  
Line Holder
 
FlyingLow62's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: E190 FO
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by Bpflyerone View Post
Can Anybody tell me which hotel at LGA we park at?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
37-10 114th St, Queens, NY 11368
Holiday inn laguardia airport, Its across from citi field.
FlyingLow62 is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 08:30 AM
  #6363  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default

Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
You should work on your knowledge of the programs.

These pilots will not have the same training as current new hires. Not even close. For current new hires this will most likely be their third or fourth new hire training cycle be it 135 or 121. Or they're coming from the military. The G7 guys will be going through their first airline training curriculum at JetBlue.

As far as the cape air guys they come here with around 4000 hours total time. Most of that as PIC in challenging flying conditions. So you cannot even compare the two programs.

The G7 guys will come here with 1500 hours. Competitive hiring mins for a new hire is 5000.

No different than some of the other established gateways (3 and 4) that hire people with no prior turbine or airline time.

20 guys a year will come through G7. A drop in the bucket. Tinfoil hats much?
Southerner is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:12 AM
  #6364  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
No different than some of the other established gateways (3 and 4) that hire people with no prior turbine or airline time.

20 guys a year will come through G7. A drop in the bucket. Tinfoil hats much?
Gateway 3, 4, and 5 are for people who already work at JetBlue. They are for people like a FA who already has all of their ratings and would like to work as a pilot at JetBlue.

Each one of those programs states that "satisfactory flight experience" is required in order to then go through the normal interview process to be selected by the PHC. What that number is I do not know but I have also never heard of anyone going through any of those gateways. I'm sure there have been but not very many. And I'm not going to take your word for any number considering your lack of knowledge on the other gateways.

I don't have a problem with any of those gateways. They are for Jetblue crew members working in other roles. They also don't cost JetBlue money. That is the biggest problem I have with gateway 7. They have already stated these pilots will have extra sim sessions and an extended IOE. That's money out of the company for absolutely no reason. This program is an unnecessary waste of money. No tinfoil hat needed to come to that conclusion.
rvr1800 is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:43 AM
  #6365  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
Default

Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
"I'm an independent thinker who can see through the group think mentality to arrive at my own conclusions"

Yeah that's not condescending at all.
When you're right, you're right, and I'll give this one to you. I didn't look over what I read and I did sound like a condescending douche. On a separate note, I'll make another admission - I misread the FAQ on the G7 program and thought applicants had to fly for a partner airline (Cape Air or ExpressJet) after getting the 1500. So, I'm wrong on two levels.
Chrisx2 is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:54 AM
  #6366  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default

Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
Gateway 3, 4, and 5 are for people who already work at JetBlue. They are for people like a FA who already has all of their ratings and would like to work as a pilot at JetBlue.

Each one of those programs states that "satisfactory flight experience" is required in order to then go through the normal interview process to be selected by the PHC. What that number is I do not know but I have also never heard of anyone going through any of those gateways. I'm sure there have been but not very many. And I'm not going to take your word for any number considering your lack of knowledge on the other gateways.

I don't have a problem with any of those gateways. They are for Jetblue crew members working in other roles. They also don't cost JetBlue money. That is the biggest problem I have with gateway 7. They have already stated these pilots will have extra sim sessions and an extended IOE. That's money out of the company for absolutely no reason. This program is an unnecessary waste of money. No tinfoil hat needed to come to that conclusion.
I have good knowledge of each of the Gateways. You only assume that I don't.

Instructors go through Gateway 4, but they aren't the people I'm talking about. I'm talking about guys who work as instructors on the side and build flight time until they meet the 1500 hour minimum and then come to work here through 3 or 4. (3 goes straight to the line, 4 stay in their current position and fly 2 days per month) The fact that they are JetBlue employees already is irrelevant when we are discussing their flight experience.

Again, my point is that we already hire inexperienced people. Gateway 7 people will be heavily screened, fully qualified pilots with 1500 hours and an ATP. I was a recruiter at my last airline involved with a very similar program that we had with a prominent flight training organization. Those candidates were hired with 180-220 hours TOTAL directly into the right seat of a CRJ. They almost never required extra training or extra IOE. I'm willing to bet this will be just the same. The screening will be thorough, and the training will be directed towards airline flying. Plus, they will have 6 times the flight experience of the pilots I just mentioned.
Southerner is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:58 AM
  #6367  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisx2 View Post
When you're right, you're right, and I'll give this one to you. I didn't look over what I read and I did sound like a condescending douche. On a separate note, I'll make another admission - I misread the FAQ on the G7 program and thought applicants had to fly for a partner airline (Cape Air or ExpressJet) after getting the 1500. So, I'm wrong on two levels.
I understand where you are coming from.
Southerner is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 10:09 AM
  #6368  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
I have good knowledge of each of the Gateways. You only assume that I don't.

Instructors go through Gateway 4, but they aren't the people I'm talking about. I'm talking about guys who work as instructors on the side and build flight time until they meet the 1500 hour minimum and then come to work here through 3 or 4. (3 goes straight to the line, 4 stay in their current position and fly 2 days per month) The fact that they are JetBlue employees already is irrelevant when we are discussing their flight experience.

Again, my point is that we already hire inexperienced people. Gateway 7 people will be heavily screened, fully qualified pilots with 1500 hours and an ATP. I was a recruiter at my last airline involved with a very similar program that we had with a prominent flight training organization. Those candidates were hired with 180-220 hours TOTAL directly into the right seat of a CRJ. They almost never required extra training or extra IOE. I'm willing to bet this will be just the same. The screening will be thorough, and the training will be directed towards airline flying. Plus, they will have 6 times the flight experience of the pilots I just mentioned.

I didn't assume you were wrong about gateway 6 or 7. You were wrong about gateway 6 and parts of what you said about 7.

The gateway 7 guys will have 1500 hours because the FAA requires them to. They will all be instructing hours. But let's eliminate the lack of experience part of the argument for a second and just look at one fact. This gateway is not, and never will be, necessary to staff this airline. We are flushing money down the drain to satisfy what?

If you want to argue that gateway 6 wastes money as well, I'll agree. But those Cape Air guys are coming here with a wealth of experience compared to G7 guys.
rvr1800 is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 10:12 AM
  #6369  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisx2 View Post
When you're right, you're right, and I'll give this one to you. I didn't look over what I read and I did sound like a condescending douche. On a separate note, I'll make another admission - I misread the FAQ on the G7 program and thought applicants had to fly for a partner airline (Cape Air or ExpressJet) after getting the 1500. So, I'm wrong on two levels.
No big deal. Sometimes the tone one means to convey in a post is interpreted differently by the reader. I've been guilty of the same on many occasions.
rvr1800 is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 10:22 AM
  #6370  
Straight QOL, homie
 
Purple Drank's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Record-Shattering Profit Facilitator
Posts: 4,167
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner View Post

20 guys a year will come through G7. A drop in the bucket. Tinfoil hats much?
Don't you think management will ramp up that number as the pilot shortage becomes more critical?
Strategic thought much?
Purple Drank is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Freight Dog
Hiring News
26
08-01-2016 01:48 PM
RiddleEagle18
Major
1
04-21-2011 07:13 AM
tone
Hiring News
139
05-16-2010 09:34 PM
tone
Hiring News
22
04-28-2010 05:20 AM
ryane946
Major
6
02-21-2007 04:17 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread