Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Old 12-05-2021, 07:11 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
Well you obviously mostly have no idea about what you’re talking about. I hope you didn’t end up going to a regional after leaving JSX. Job security at the regionals? JSX is established, there is job security, they just need to pay more considering everyone else is.

If you want to argue that JSX has superior QOL compared to a regional, then this will continue to be the argument management uses to justify not giving pilots a pay raise.

Management at JSX has continually referenced that it’s a zero or hero concept. They’ve said the company could either take off like wild fire, or go under in the next 5 years. If you want even more reason to question the stability of JSX, look at its sister company JetSuite that went under, just as every other 135 charter company grew substantially during Covid. JSX is also still being funded by investor money, it has yet to be self sustainable. They’re struggling to even get more airplanes atm. Don’t get too comfortable thinking there’s job security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

The above posts are very accurate unfortunately, and it's a shame. I wish you all the best. Some of the best memories of my career so far are from my time as a JSX captain. It just isn't what it used to be. I no longer have a dog in the fight but it lost a lot of what really made it stand out compared to a regional. The 8/6 schedule, crew meals on the company card (back when you could use it on overnights too and not just delivery apps), great overnights in Vegas and Walnut Creek, and lots of extra flying to go around for those that wanted to make money and pick up extra trips. It feels like it all started going downhill since the COO was brought on. Operationally things did get a lot more professional and structured. The enhanced focus on SOPs and better safety programs like FOQA were a great addition. Overall though I feel like they gutted what made the company special. For ATP rated pilots there's really no reason to go there over a regional unless you live in one of the bases and care about being home every night, up until the next base reshuffle. Or if they start doing DECs again and you need turbine PIC. For anyone with less than 1,200 hours it's still a good deal. Get in, upgrade as fast as you can, get 500-100 hours TPIC then bail to ULCC or even the legacies if you have a strong resume and some good connections. Especially if you're able to get a standards captain or check airman position. In the meantime you'll get to fly with some great people, out on the line it was still fun up until my last day.

Last edited by luke3; 12-05-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15 View Post
Minimum is 1000TT. We strongly prefer 1200TT but there are some pilots that have been hired recently with 600ish hours.

I applied with 700 but haven’t heard anything and doubt I will. But my student passed his FAA PPL today. That’s 3 passes this month!
Old 12-05-2021, 09:44 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Special 2PM Pilot call... funny how they did this in the middle of the day. Sure hope they keep the recording to send to everyone unlike the last call. Can someone say.........DAMAGE CONTROL?

Hope they finally talk real numbers as far as pay raise goes. "Looking into it more than we have before" does not cut it at all. It has been 3 years since our last pay raise. We have a decent structure but the base pay needs to increase. 3%/year x 3 years = 9% and that is at normal inflation. Don't forget COVID Inflation at just over 6% and for those of us in California have seen more.
If you take all of this into account, we should see a BARE MINIM?UM of 15% across the board. Want people to stay here longer, we need to adjust yearly Captain pay by at least 7% every step.

Flight Ops Management, I know you see this. You have been brethren so you know what it used to be like here. Please know that it is not what it was like before Randy was here. The culture has shifted which is expected with growth, but you need to get a real grasp and fight for you pilot group because if you don't, you know there are organizations out there that will. I'm sure the board wouldn't like too much.

JSX Management, you have turnover ALL OVER this company from Ground Personnel, Corporate, Mechanics, & flight crew. Be better. A lot of us have lost faith but there are some that are still willing to give the company a chance. We have grown into something respectable, don't create a bad reputation here. We don't want JSX to be in the same barrel as Mesa.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:47 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by lbell View Post
I applied with 700 but haven’t heard anything and doubt I will. But my student passed his FAA PPL today. That’s 3 passes this month!
Keep it up lbell Just another 800 hours and you can go to a regional where you can have union protection with decent pay if you go to the right company. Sounds like you are well on your way.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:34 PM
New Hire

Long time JSX lurker here. I think what the COO is saying about the 3 pilot groups at JSX is misguided. So there’s retirees that don’t care about the money, starry eyed Riddle grads that want to get some jet time on their way to whoever calls first, and then there’s the rest, the ones that care about the company because we like it and love the quality of life, but who also need to pay the bills.

So based on this “3 group” mentality, why doesn’t he agree to pay this third group a big raise we all want and then just give those other two groups a pat on the back and a “thank you for keeping up the good work”? You know, to the ones that are “retired” and those riddle grads looking for that shiny Airbus job. Just give that group a pat on the back, since they’re on their way out anyways. How does that sound? That sounds ridiculous right? Then what is the point that he is trying to make by repeatedly bringing up the fact that there’s different pilot groups? And of course there’s zero mention of the percentage that make up these groups.

Of course anyone would like to go to the highest paid jobs, FedEx UPS Delta etc. Even those at LCCs or secondary majors want to move on to those places. Does this have to mean that anyone not flying at those places has to be lower paid?? It makes zero sense, it’s not like we are asking Delta pay.

Either way, they value us this little that they expect us to provide an industry leading service for outdated pay. So far it’s all about how they’re just doing us a favor because this is a super cool company to be in. Give me a break. If they really take this operation seriously then they need to give us a big raise. We’ll see how these “plentiful 1500 hour new hires” do when all the PICs start leaving.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:19 PM
New Hire

Can someone confirm that if the PHX base is back? Reading through the thread it was “temporarily” closed in 2020 but no mention if it has been reopened.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2021, 09:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by MBnAZ View Post
Can someone confirm that if the PHX base is back? Reading through the thread it was “temporarily” closed in 2020 but no mention if it has been reopened.

Thanks

PHX is kind of back. As in we aren’t hiring anyone into it for awhile. Everyone that was previously PHX based is back in Base however they’re doing TDY lines for different bases so they are DHing out at the beginning of their rotation and DHing back to their base when their trips are done. I believe they only have 2-3 lines that actually end up back in base every night.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Any plans for hiring into the SoCal bases any time soon for first officers, or is all the growth and/or attrition in Dallas right now?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2021, 07:03 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15 View Post
PHX is kind of back. As in we aren’t hiring anyone into it for awhile. Everyone that was previously PHX based is back in Base however they’re doing TDY lines for different bases so they are DHing out at the beginning of their rotation and DHing back to their base when their trips are done. I believe they only have 2-3 lines that actually end up back in base every night.

Gotcha. I’m around 850hrs right now and 100 multi, so I’m trying to see what 135 operations are hiring in PHX (maybe LAS or SAN depending on DHing policies.) If I can get on soon, JSX seems like it would give me a chance to build TPIC at an earlier date than 121 operations.