Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 02-14-2021, 07:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Most are on the 8-6 schedule. FO starts at 55k, captain at 90k. Upon upgrade you keep your years for pay purposes, I.e. 3 yr FO becomes 3 yr captain.

Originally Posted by tothebigblue View Post
There isnt any info on my for WU. Can anyone shed light on the schedule and pay for the King Air?

Just to add to what EMAW said, FO pay basically goes up by 5K and CA 4K per year of service. I believe in the next month or two we should be hearing about pay scale increases or some type of stock bonus structure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2021, 06:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Most are on the 8-6 schedule. FO starts at 55k, captain at 90k. Upon upgrade you keep your years for pay purposes, I.e. 3 yr FO becomes 3 yr captain.
Is it possible to hold captain right out of F/O training? Like if you have prior turbine experience?...dumb question
Old 02-15-2021, 07:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by tothebigblue View Post
Is it possible to hold captain right out of F/O training? Like if you have prior turbine experience?...dumb question
Sort answer, no.

Long answer, there is a slight chance you could be hired as a street captain with the right qualifications, but unlikely in this current environment. That would be the only way to be a PIC right away. Upgrades are limited right now because there is little to no attrition (they don't really publish this info so this is based on anecdotal evidence), but some are occuring. All the people I've heard of have been in the 12+ month range. I've heard from a few people that they hint at 6 month upgrades during hiring, and it could happen, but plan on 12+ months (even pre-covid).
Old 02-15-2021, 11:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
Sort answer, no.

Long answer, there is a slight chance you could be hired as a street captain with the right qualifications, but unlikely in this current environment. That would be the only way to be a PIC right away. Upgrades are limited right now because there is little to no attrition (they don't really publish this info so this is based on anecdotal evidence), but some are occuring. All the people I've heard of have been in the 12+ month range. I've heard from a few people that they hint at 6 month upgrades during hiring, and it could happen, but plan on 12+ months (even pre-covid).
Thanks!
I keep oing back and fourth wondering if its for me or not. Whether i should wait at a chance that an LCC or cargo carrier calls, relly catch 22 with the trainign contract.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:35 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Does anyone have any info as to why the delay in starting new hire classes at DPJ when WU and GAMA already have started some?

Is it due to the integration with WU? Lack of demand? Other factors?

I致e been sitting in the pilot pool for almost a year and I知 just trying to get an idea of what DPJ is waiting for.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by GSalive View Post
Does anyone have any info as to why the delay in starting new hire classes at DPJ when WU and GAMA already have started some?

Is it due to the integration with WU? Lack of demand? Other factors?

I致e been sitting in the pilot pool for almost a year and I知 just trying to get an idea of what DPJ is waiting for.
No idea. I'm right there with you -- other than different equipment demands? Surprised they didnt offer DPJ pool floaters KingAir slots since they have been hiring for them. Granted the min's for the KingAir are higher than what DPJ hired with so I wouldn't qualify for the Kingair slot based on the Job req. I have pretty much come to terms with I won't be hearing from DPJ.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

https://www.deltaprivatejets.com

Click it and see what happens. That should tell you everything.

Contact the recruiter(s) that put you in the pool at DPJ, they might be able to give you insight as to what is going on.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
https://www.deltaprivatejets.com

Click it and see what happens. That should tell you everything.

Contact the recruiter(s) that put you in the pool at DPJ, they might be able to give you insight as to what is going on.
The recruiter does communicate with us, latest is 'sometime this spring'.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Good! Spring is just around the corner. So, for you there is hope.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
Good! Spring is just around the corner. So, for you there is hope.
Yup, it's just been that every month or so for a year. Needless to say, I fully understand it's beyond complicated during mergers and acquisitions, especially during these times.