Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 12-17-2012 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Turbine (Post 1311432)
I have a friend who was fired from Ameriflight after failing one recurrent simulator checkride on the metro, after working there for over 3 years !

He had never had problems with training or checkrides in the past. He had flown the metro for a year and a half or so, and the Ameriflight instructor didn't like the way he did a stall or something and failed him. No retraining or anything.

If that is indeed the full story, that is some BS.

I have also heard from another friend that used to work at AMflight that once pilots start getting a little too high on the payscale, and or cheif pilots don't like them they will find a way to fire them. The other story that stood out was in CVG. Supposedly a captain wrote something up and was upset that it had not been fixed yet. The cheif pilot told the mx guy to help get the captain ****ed off so they could fire him over it. The mx guy declined and said that they could not fire him for writing something up. The mx guy ended up getting fired.

There are always two sides to a story and I do not have all the facts I am sure, but they are concering none the less.

IMHO there must be more to the story than you were told. I'm coming up on 12 years with the company and I fly the largest current aircraft we have (E120) so I know the "high up on the pay scale" thing is BS. I can think of at least 4 other pilots who are in this same position. Biggest airplane, topped out on the pay scale.

I also think there must be more to the check ride story. I have seen too many guys get LOTS of chances before being let go, both on recurrent and initial check rides. When I have seen people let go over aircraft issues, the pilot's attitude has usually been a big factor. Pilots I have seen fired were ones who messed up and then ademantly denied it in the face of overwelming physical evidence. On the flip side I know a pilot who taxied into another aircraft and was NOT fired because there were mitgating circumstances and he owned up to it.

As for the CVG Mx incident, I have no direct knowledge of what you describe. But I have gone head to head with mechanics, base level mx managers and in some cases even higher. In every instance, if I had a valid squawk, I know from personal experiance that I had the support of the flight department management all the way to the very top.

ATOP40 12-30-2012 10:43 AM

Hi Guys,

Can anyone share a typical BE99 monthly schedule out of Hayward for one pilot? If there are different schedules then a couple would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and here is wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!!!

freightdog 12-30-2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1320827)
Hi Guys,

Can anyone share a typical BE99 monthly schedule out of Hayward for one pilot? If there are different schedules then a couple would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and here is wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!!!

Ameriflight Daily Schedule

Find the flights that start out out OAK/HWD on the schedule. I think this schedule still shows the flights originating out of OAK, just replace the OAK with HWD.

ATOP40 12-31-2012 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1321097)

Find the flights that start out out OAK/HWD on the schedule. I think this schedule still shows the flights originating out of OAK, just replace the OAK with HWD.

I appreciate the info.

I was interested in the actual Pilot schedules though. Is it possible to give and example of a weekly or monthly one or two?

Thanks again.

KSCessnaDriver 12-31-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1321097)

That doesn't have any of the PA-31 flights in it correct? Or am I just blind?:D

ws6formula 01-01-2013 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1321266)
I appreciate the info.

I was interested in the actual Pilot schedules though. Is it possible to give and example of a weekly or monthly one or two?

Thanks again.

Pick one of those flight numbers and fly it 5 days, 52 weeks a year with occasional minor changes due to holidays.

freightdog 01-01-2013 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 1321670)
That doesn't have any of the PA-31 flights in it correct? Or am I just blind?:D

I would go on Flightaware and track the flights. That would be the next best thing to do. Though, some of the legs are VFR only.

ATOP40 01-02-2013 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by ws6formula (Post 1322145)
Pick one of those flight numbers and fly it 5 days, 52 weeks a year with occasional minor changes due to holidays.

Thanks for the response.

I have looked up the flight numbers but although I may be mistaken, I understand that the BE99 out of KHWD flies more than two flights in a night. I also thought that there were some reserve days shared by some or all of the pilots in the base.

I have seen on other boards that someone will share what a monthly schedule looks like for a pilot or two to get a feel for the QOL. It included the legs for the day, or night, of flying and the days of the month they flew those legs.

Can anyone share that kind of information for me on the BE99 out of KHWD?

Thanks again.

SWAblue 01-06-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1322250)
Thanks for the response.

I have looked up the flight numbers but although I may be mistaken, I understand that the BE99 out of KHWD flies more than two flights in a night. I also thought that there were some reserve days shared by some or all of the pilots in the base.

I have seen on other boards that someone will share what a monthly schedule looks like for a pilot or two to get a feel for the QOL. It included the legs for the day, or night, of flying and the days of the month they flew those legs.

Can anyone share that kind of information for me on the BE99 out of KHWD?

Thanks again.

I must admit, I am curious also. Is this difficult information to share?

tbmpilot 01-06-2013 05:17 PM

What?

Originally Posted by SWAblue (Post 1324733)
I must admit, I am curious also. Is this difficult information to share?

This information has been shared so much I'm shocked by your question.

But, to answer...

In most cases, you either work 5 full days a week or 6 days which usually consists of 4 full days and two half days. For full days - Show up and fly super early. Fly and go home super late. Sit in some God-forsaken place all day in-between (off duty). For half days - fly in the AM or PM depending and go home.

Some 4 and 4.5 day schedules are available. Work there a few years and you may luck into one of those.

QOL? It depends on you. Can you find something fun or productive or FUN to do in the place where you sit all day? Girlfriend??? Second job??? Nastiness all day long or making a boatload of extra money = pretty good QOL... I made twice what I made at AMF during the daytime "sits".