Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #2581  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cf105's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Piloto
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
That's assuming you are based in station. If you are out-stationed, its completely different (in many ways worse).
Thank you guys for the info
cf105 is offline  
Old 09-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #2582  
Gets Weekends Off
 
KSCessnaDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side
Posts: 1,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
I'm out stationed, but I figured I'd give an in station view since that's most of the runs. Some out stations are pretty cool, but mine I'm the guy that gets tagged with fixing all the UPS missorts. Also, training eats into my time at home. A good bit of the time I'm home with my wife from noon to 4:30. She's pretty much had it, we are going to get a change of venue soon though. It's been a good experience, I'm glad I did it, but I'll be happy when I move on.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually liked being outstationed based as well, but many people don't.
KSCessnaDriver is offline  
Old 09-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #2583  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
Not everyone is looking to make a move to the big 3. Everything is not rainbows and unicorns at those places either.

My worst day at Allegiant was still better than a lot of days at AMF. I'll never trade the experience, flying, or friends I made there for anything.
That's my point. Why not appeal and promote realistic progression do, AMF instead of selling unicorns...

Allegiant is a great partner for somebody like AMF, it is a wonderful stepping stone to the career airline. Problem is, since their "agreement" not a single guy from AMF has been hired.
Jetlife is offline  
Old 09-22-2015, 01:00 AM   #2584  
Line Holder
 
tlewis95's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post

Allegiant is a great partner for somebody like AMF, it is a wonderful stepping stone to the career airline. Problem is, since their "agreement" not a single guy from AMF has been hired.
Nahh that's not true. They have taken 3 that I know of in the last month or two and only one of those was through the agreement.
tlewis95 is offline  
Old 09-22-2015, 01:21 AM   #2585  
Gets Weekends Off
 
frmrbuffdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlewis95 View Post
Nahh that's not true. They have taken 3 that I know of in the last month or two and only one of those was through the agreement.
And one more is leaving this week to go there.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 09-22-2015, 05:54 AM   #2586  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlewis95 View Post
Nahh that's not true. They have taken 3 that I know of in the last month or two and only one of those was through the agreement.
Ok now the number is 1 through the agreement. Because for the last 11 months it was 0.
Jetlife is offline  
Old 09-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #2587  
Gets Weekends Off
 
frmrbuffdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
And one more is leaving this week to go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Ok now the number is 1 through the agreement. Because for the last 11 months it was 0.
I know personally of two. And I don't know everyone who is gone. So your argument is losing steam.

What do you want? 5 per month? We don't have that many that even qualify. And not all of the ones that DO qualify want to go that route. Several that could have went to DPJ or TMC instead.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 09-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #2588  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I know personally of two. And I don't know everyone who is gone. So your argument is losing steam.

What do you want? 5 per month? We don't have that many that even qualify. And not all of the ones that DO qualify want to go that route. Several that could have went to DPJ or TMC instead.
Why would anyone go to DPJ and TMC instead of Allegiant right now? If the agreement truly works between Allegiant and AMF, that would be a more viable and lucritive option in both cases. DPJ and TMC are absolute garbage, Allegiant is at least narrow body 121 time with a half way decent upgrade and pay (even though it is a far cry from a top tier carrier.

And if you are trying to tell me that the amount of people qualified to participate in the Allegiant agreement is small, you are crazy. How many training captain or check airmen with 1000 TPIC and 3 years in the company have come and gone in the year this has been in effect? I bet it's 50. I also know of 3 guys personally that have tried and tried to get their packets submitted, to only hear crickets. I am not talking about guys getting hired outside of the agreement with AMF, I am strictly talking about going through AMF to get hired at Allegiant.
Jetlife is offline  
Old 09-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #2589  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LRSRanger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
I also know of 3 guys personally that have tried and tried to get their packets submitted, to only hear crickets.

There are a lot of crickets of late. Communication from the head shed is pretty much nil with regards to anything. Except for those "welcome this person you will never meet to the team!" Emails. However I did just get an email saying we are now paying 40 units of training pay for trainees...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LRSRanger is offline  
Old 09-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #2590  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
There are a lot of crickets of late. Communication from the head shed is pretty much nil with regards to anything. Except for those "welcome this person you will never meet to the team!" Emails. However I did just get an email saying we are now paying 40 units of training pay for trainees...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I also heard guys are negotiating their pay coming in now.
Jetlife is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ameriflight Travel Benefits question. Mrsmith42e Cargo 17 05-30-2010 08:12 PM
Ameriflight - Upgrade to t-prop? waflyboy Cargo 1 01-02-2008 03:05 AM
Ameriflight OAK runs? chazbird Part 135 10 07-01-2007 04:47 PM
Ameriflight Questions beech_nut Cargo 0 01-28-2006 12:55 PM
Ameriflight added to APC Freight Dog Cargo 0 11-17-2005 10:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:51 AM.