Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 09-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Piloto

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
That's assuming you are based in station. If you are out-stationed, its completely different (in many ways worse).
Thank you guys for the info
Old 09-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
I'm out stationed, but I figured I'd give an in station view since that's most of the runs. Some out stations are pretty cool, but mine I'm the guy that gets tagged with fixing all the UPS missorts. Also, training eats into my time at home. A good bit of the time I'm home with my wife from noon to 4:30. She's pretty much had it, we are going to get a change of venue soon though. It's been a good experience, I'm glad I did it, but I'll be happy when I move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually liked being outstationed based as well, but many people don't.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
Not everyone is looking to make a move to the big 3. Everything is not rainbows and unicorns at those places either.

My worst day at Allegiant was still better than a lot of days at AMF. I'll never trade the experience, flying, or friends I made there for anything.
That's my point. Why not appeal and promote realistic progression do, AMF instead of selling unicorns...

Allegiant is a great partner for somebody like AMF, it is a wonderful stepping stone to the career airline. Problem is, since their "agreement" not a single guy from AMF has been hired.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post

Allegiant is a great partner for somebody like AMF, it is a wonderful stepping stone to the career airline. Problem is, since their "agreement" not a single guy from AMF has been hired.
Nahh that's not true. They have taken 3 that I know of in the last month or two and only one of those was through the agreement.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by tlewis95 View Post
Nahh that's not true. They have taken 3 that I know of in the last month or two and only one of those was through the agreement.
And one more is leaving this week to go there.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlewis95 View Post
Ok now the number is 1 through the agreement. Because for the last 11 months it was 0.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
And one more is leaving this week to go there.
Ok now the number is 1 through the agreement. Because for the last 11 months it was 0.
I know personally of two. And I don't know everyone who is gone. So your argument is losing steam.

What do you want? 5 per month? We don't have that many that even qualify. And not all of the ones that DO qualify want to go that route. Several that could have went to DPJ or TMC instead.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I know personally of two. And I don't know everyone who is gone. So your argument is losing steam.

What do you want? 5 per month? We don't have that many that even qualify. And not all of the ones that DO qualify want to go that route. Several that could have went to DPJ or TMC instead.
Why would anyone go to DPJ and TMC instead of Allegiant right now? If the agreement truly works between Allegiant and AMF, that would be a more viable and lucritive option in both cases. DPJ and TMC are absolute garbage, Allegiant is at least narrow body 121 time with a half way decent upgrade and pay (even though it is a far cry from a top tier carrier.

And if you are trying to tell me that the amount of people qualified to participate in the Allegiant agreement is small, you are crazy. How many training captain or check airmen with 1000 TPIC and 3 years in the company have come and gone in the year this has been in effect? I bet it's 50. I also know of 3 guys personally that have tried and tried to get their packets submitted, to only hear crickets. I am not talking about guys getting hired outside of the agreement with AMF, I am strictly talking about going through AMF to get hired at Allegiant.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet

I also know of 3 guys personally that have tried and tried to get their packets submitted, to only hear crickets.

There are a lot of crickets of late. Communication from the head shed is pretty much nil with regards to anything. Except for those "welcome this person you will never meet to the team!" Emails. However I did just get an email saying we are now paying 40 units of training pay for trainees...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
There are a lot of crickets of late. Communication from the head shed is pretty much nil with regards to anything. Except for those "welcome this person you will never meet to the team!" Emails. However I did just get an email saying we are now paying 40 units of training pay for trainees...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I also heard guys are negotiating their pay coming in now.