Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SeaPort Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Corporate FO
Default Avionics

What kind of avionics are in the MEM Caravans?
Old 07-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Typically a Garmin 430W and a bendix mfd or similar. I know atleast one of the grand caravans had a sandel hsi. The autopilots were kap20 some had fd others didn't. Round dial alt, att, and engine. Pretty good setups. They did have full de ice boots on the 208b but the 208a had nothing. The windshields only had hot plates which were typically removed.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
Typically a Garmin 430W and a bendix mfd or similar. I know atleast one of the grand caravans had a sandel hsi. The autopilots were kap20 some had fd others didn't. Round dial alt, att, and engine. Pretty good setups. They did have full de ice boots on the 208b but the 208a had nothing. The windshields only had hot plates which were typically removed.
The 208As have the 430W and MFD. The ones in MEM also are full known ice certified. Hot plates are removed during the warmer months.

The 208Bs generally have a 530W and 430W combination.

Avionics in the fleet are pretty nice.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Pipers!
Default Fluid Review

Anyone applied in the past 3 weeks? How long does it take to get a response after submittal? Are they working through a lot of applications or do they not send the "thanks but no thanks" response? Perhaps they don't need any more pilots at this time.

About 900TT and over 500XC, but my availability was 1.5 months in the future. Maybe they don't want to deal with someone that far out?

Should I withdraw and re-submit? Any advice appreciated.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by CaseTractor View Post
Anyone applied in the past 3 weeks? How long does it take to get a response after submittal? Are they working through a lot of applications or do they not send the "thanks but no thanks" response? Perhaps they don't need any more pilots at this time.

About 900TT and over 500XC, but my availability was 1.5 months in the future. Maybe they don't want to deal with someone that far out?

Should I withdraw and re-submit? Any advice appreciated.

Best advise to get hired into the MEM base is go bang on the door and meet up with the chief pilot. The hire mostly on personality and ability to shoot an ILS. Please remember you get 8 hours in the airplane training, not an hour more and on the checkride the most typical busted maneuver for low time F/O (when i worked there) was the raw data ILS....and most busted by flying through the localizer.

Thats why the sim eval is there but its not full proof. There was a guy when I worked there that came in almost every other day for about 2 months straight to just chat, talk to the pilots and chief/DO to try to get the job. When the need came because he was around town quick, they knew him, and a known quantity they hired him.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Applied about 3 weeks ago. Nothing yet as of now.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

Got an email today from HR 1.5 months after initial application. As expected, they are looking for pilots with 500 hours or more at the moment. Will reapply as soon as hit 500.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
Best advise to get hired into the MEM base is go bang on the door and meet up with the chief pilot. The hire mostly on personality and ability to shoot an ILS. Please remember you get 8 hours in the airplane training, not an hour more and on the checkride the most typical busted maneuver for low time F/O (when i worked there) was the raw data ILS....and most busted by flying through the localizer.

Thats why the sim eval is there but its not full proof. There was a guy when I worked there that came in almost every other day for about 2 months straight to just chat, talk to the pilots and chief/DO to try to get the job. When the need came because he was around town quick, they knew him, and a known quantity they hired him.
That works as long as you don't live 9.5 hours away. I heard back via phone interview about two days after submitting the app, but I had applied just shortly before their round of in-person interviews.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: V1. No turning back now.

Is SeaPort currently hiring? Any light on the pay scale?
Old 07-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013

This is just a curious question. I know that Seaport owns Wings of Alaska. Is there any chance of getting on with the Alaska operation after a few years? Also being that Seaport fly's Caravans, will that experience help someone land a job in Alaska?

I ask because I just don't know if flying jets is for me. Talking to all of my friends at the regionals, it seems that they mostly just monitor the autopilot. Furthermore there seems to always be some type of test one is expecting i.e. recurrency or something. The biggest thing though is QOL.