Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Old 08-31-2017, 05:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

How can they justify a 30K training contract for a C-402? That's absolutely ludicrous.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
How can they justify a 30K training contract for a C-402? That's absolutely ludicrous.
I think you can probably buy a 402A for that price.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

A 30k training contract in a 402 should be a huge red flag for anyone looking at cape air.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:38 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by gwilliams View Post
Anyone currently flying for Cape Air in Guam? How is it living there
and how is the qol with Cape Air?

Thanks
In Guam, we don't even have any reserves from Oct to Dec. So there is open time galore. The current schedule is 3 on and 3 off for AM shift guys and 4 on 4 off for PM shift guys.

We just had captains recently get hired from spirit, jetblue, and alligiant. FOs are leaving too. When Guam is fully staffed I want to say that it probably has the best QOL in all the regionals. But right now its a total **** show and management pilots have to come down once and a while to come help out.

Right now management told us they are working to get an agreement with United to get some kind of flow and specifically for Guam ATR pilots. We do have a good relationship with United so we'll see how that pans out.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by TheGodfather View Post
In Guam, we don't even have any reserves from Oct to Dec. So there is open time galore. The current schedule is 3 on and 3 off for AM shift guys and 4 on 4 off for PM shift guys.

We just had captains recently get hired from spirit, jetblue, and alligiant. FOs are leaving too. When Guam is fully staffed I want to say that it probably has the best QOL in all the regionals. But right now its a total **** show and management pilots have to come down once and a while to come help out.

Right now management told us they are working to get an agreement with United to get some kind of flow and specifically for Guam ATR pilots. We do have a good relationship with United so we'll see how that pans out.
How are FO's leaving with the training contract in place? I currently live about 30 min away from HYA is there any chance that I could get HYA as a FO? I currently have 600+ hours, flew skydivers all summer and will be taking my commercial multi add-on in a couple weeks.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:54 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Rcordeiro122592 View Post
How are FO's leaving with the training contract in place? I currently live about 30 min away from HYA is there any chance that I could get HYA as a FO? I currently have 600+ hours, flew skydivers all summer and will be taking my commercial multi add-on in a couple weeks.
There is no way you would be an FO out in HYA. FOs are based where Cape Air has an EAS route. HYA is one of the legacy routes that doesn't have EAS attached to it.

Cape Air is desperate for pilots. FOs are the only way they can recruit. You will probably get hired after you get your commercial multi add-on. I'm serious.

I think you misunderstood me when I said FOs are leaving. In order to be an FO out in Guam, you need an ATPL. You can either be a captain in the 402s or FO in Guam. They are both one year commitments.

Last edited by TheGodfather; 09-28-2017 at 08:55 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-28-2017, 09:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Coming up on their mins here in the next few months and had a question about basing. I'm in the AF Reserves and am generally locked into one region of the country (OH/KY.) I saw they had OWB listed as a crew base. That would be perfect for me since I have family there. Anyone know how senior that is? Also, I know their posted mins are 500 hours, but is that a hard min, or not? I'm nearing 400 TT. Should I go ahead and apply and at least get my name in the pile or wait til I'm closer?
Old 09-29-2017, 01:41 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by trouljaboy View Post
Coming up on their mins here in the next few months and had a question about basing. I'm in the AF Reserves and am generally locked into one region of the country (OH/KY.) I saw they had OWB listed as a crew base. That would be perfect for me since I have family there. Anyone know how senior that is? Also, I know their posted mins are 500 hours, but is that a hard min, or not? I'm nearing 400 TT. Should I go ahead and apply and at least get my name in the pile or wait til I'm closer?
I'm unfamiliar with HR. But here's the thing. To be qualified to fly as a FO in the 402s, the minimum is a commercial multi-engine license. Try your luck they might pick you up. I mean FFS they fly riddle interns at 200 hrs on the right seat. You never know.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

There is no way you would be an FO out in HYA. FOs are based where Cape Air has an EAS route. HYA is one of the legacy routes that doesn't have EAS attached to it.

Cape Air is desperate for pilots. FOs are the only way they can recruit. You will probably get hired after you get your commercial multi add-on. I'm serious.

I think you misunderstood me when I said FOs are leaving. In order to be an FO out in Guam, you need an ATPL. You can either be a captain in the 402s or FO in Guam. They are both one year commitments.
Thanks for getting back to me Godfather!

Are there EAS routes in the northeast? If I get based out in the midwest are those bases commutable? I could not make the move with my family out there on a FO salary but it would be do-able if I were to stay in New England.

Ah, I do understand now that the FO's in Guam are for the 121 operation. Do you know the details about the 402 FO contract?

Thank you!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

On the "desperate for pilots" point - is the contract still on the table? Seems they would have better numbers if it wasn't.