Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight etc vs. 121 world

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by Oldog View Post
To go a little further, 135.99 requires a "live" SIC for ops involving 10 or more pax seats.
Thanks Oldog, the particular regs for 121 and 135 had escaped me when I was trying to find reference.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Ahh ok I see. No Japan for you guys then. Well have any of you been looking into these Dynamic job posts all over the place? Looks to be about 100k a year. Those of you with 2 to 3 yrs at AMF should be well over these mins.

Beechcraft King Air 90 / 200

60 days on, 60 days off

Minimum requirements include a current and qualified FAA Commercial Pilot license, minimum 1200 hours total flight time, 1000 PIC hours fixed wing, 300 PIC hours multi-engine turboprop, personal situation allowing for extended periods away from home station, US citizenship, ability to obtain security clearance and strong customer focus. High school diploma is required, with college completion in a related field of study preferred.

Compensation for this position is $630 for Captains and $580 for First Officers per day deployed overseas.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:34 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: point guard

Originally Posted by BeardedFlyer View Post
Ahh ok I see. No Japan for you guys then. Well have any of you been looking into these Dynamic job posts all over the place? Looks to be about 100k a year. Those of you with 2 to 3 yrs at AMF should be well over these mins.

60 days on, 60 days off

Minimum requirements include a current and qualified FAA Commercial Pilot license, minimum 1200 hours total flight time, 1000 PIC hours fixed wing, 300 PIC hours multi-engine turboprop, personal situation allowing for extended periods away from home station, US citizenship, ability to obtain security clearance and strong customer focus. High school diploma is required, with college completion in a related field of study preferred.

Compensation for this position is $630 for Captains and $580 for First Officers per day deployed overseas.

Some AMF pilots have previously done that type of work, and some are currently overseas flying SAR missions.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

60 days on, 60 days off

We have quite a few fellow AMF'ers flying 1900s, Metros, Casas, etc over in the Sandbox for Dynamic, Dyncorp, AAR, etc.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

A B1900 AMF guy based out of SEA I met recently told me about some runs having to haul some type of radiation emitting medical equipment?? He told me the company tells the pilots simply to "make sure its loaded as far aft as possible." Has anybody else on here heard of this or any other hazardous type of cargo being hauled at AMF?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

A B1900 AMF guy based out of SEA I met recently told me about some runs having to haul some type of radiation emitting medical equipment?? He told me the company tells the pilots simply to "make sure its loaded as far aft as possible." Has anybody else on here heard of this or any other hazardous type of cargo being hauled at AMF?
Yup, with bull semen. They're told to do the same thing. Put as far aft as possible.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009

I flew these runs almost exclusively for over a year in the 1900 and the Metro. Its slightly more complicated than "make sure its loaded as far aft as possible." AMF holds an exception that allows them to carry more than the normally allowable amount of radioactive material. Loading aft isn't always an option when hauling 4000 pounds of radiopharm materials. Whether this is dangerous or not I can't speak for as I'm not a scientist, but I don't know of anyone that's claimed to have been harmed flying the stuff. I can say that its done legally and all the proper precautions are taken. If you work for AMF you will get your share of flying odd things. I have buddies that have flown everything from live dolphins to Michael Vick's bulldogs. And yes, Bull jizz isn't out of the question...
Old 09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

That bull jizz is expensive stuff! Just don't spill it.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by mwf008 View Post
AMF holds an exception that allows them to carry more than the normally allowable amount of radioactive material. Loading aft isn't always an option when hauling 4000 pounds of radiopharm materials. Whether this is dangerous or not I can't speak for as I'm not a scientist, but I don't know of anyone that's claimed to have been harmed flying the stuff. I can say that its done legally and all the proper precautions are taken
Thanks for the info 008. What kind of precautions do they take exactly? If it was harmful to the pilot I would think it wouldn't show up right away but 10 or so years down the road in some form of cancer wouldn't it? And by then it would be hard to say what exactly caused it.

I wold have no problem hauling bull jiz, dolphins, giraffes, lions or any other odd thing but I don't think I would want 4000lbs of radioactive material sitting right behind me for 3 hour stretches of time, 5 days a week, every week. Is there any way to make sure you don't get those particular runs? Is SEA the only base that has them?
Old 09-23-2011, 06:40 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2011

So over all you guys at ameriflight are pretty happy? Do you feel like you are a better pilot and more proficent pilot since you have worked there?