Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Are they currently running classes?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
Already there, old news...

Wow, how does it feel to be in the know?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by scjfly View Post
Wow, how does it feel to be in the know?
I went to dispatch and the dispatcher told me that the President and VP were out in SDF talking with UPS. This was on Monday. Being based in BUR has it's advantages and disadvantages.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:16 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2008

The training captain on that flight was a good friend of mine. I don't know how much you know about the accident, but before you start dropping stuff like that, you better have your ducks in a row.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by BTPM View Post
The training captain on that flight was a good friend of mine. I don't know how much you know about the accident, but before you start dropping stuff like that, you better have your ducks in a row.
uhhh what???? re-post the comment that you are commenting on, that way we know what you are talking about.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
Go to Ameriflight. Old planes night cargo. Fast upgrade. Last spring one of my brothers high school friends was killed in an Ameriflight crash. It also can be dangerous; old planes, no crew, dark remote locations, low time pilots.

Skyhigh
You might inquire about what caused the crash. It had nothing to do with old planes, dark remote locations, or low time pilots. Ameriflight has never had a fatality or injury accident where maintenance of the airplane was was cited as a cause.

The company's accident record needs to be balanced against nearly 2,000 departures per week, and nearly 100,000 hours per year of flying in 170+ airplanes, all over the U.S., into Canada, Alaska, Mexico, the Caribbean, and even South America. Ameriflight does more flying in a month than most of its competitors do in a year.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Apteryx

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
No doubt, getting turbine PIC right away is a huge advantage if the airlines you (in the future) look to don't discount your lack of crew (CRM) experience. All things considered, it would be better to fly a 121 jet as an SIC (upgrading in a reasonable time) than get your 1000 hrs of PIC in a commuter jet in a crew environment. I would also concur, it has to be safer. That said, if you can fly single pilot in an multi engine airplane (turbine or otherwise), without an autopilot, at night in IFR; you are doing the hardest civilian flying out there. bar none.
Good luck, and (quickly) learn to multi task, you'll need the skill.
Ameriflight's CRM program applies to both single and two pilot ops. A lot of folks don't understand that the basis of CRM is taking best advantage of all the resources in the cockpit.

Yeah, you'll hear some chirping about lack of two-crew experience. Go to the interview a clean record that includes 2000 turbine including 1000 all-weather single-pilot PIC in a Metro III, and most airlines won't be worrying much about two crew experience -- unless the hiring window is so narrow that sky gods are getting turned down.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Apteryx

Originally Posted by maximilian2 View Post
Just curious for those AMF guys on here... How did you build your 1200TT to get to AMF? Instructing? Right seat on other 135 carriers? Combination of both? I am currently on the instructing path but I was thinking that sitting right seat for a year or to to build to 1200TT may be beneficial?
Nothing wrong with instructing, pipeline patrol, traffic watch, or whatever -- but take every opportunity to build multiengine PIC and real-world IFR line flying that you can find.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Default working for AMF

I'm in my mid-forties and coming up on the mins. acceptable to AMF. Ready to exit my current career, too. Realistically, would AMF consider a pilot my age?