Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:35 PM
VW Bus Driver

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: ERJ145XR

You can't drive to Juneau. The city is landlocked. You must either fly or float.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: CFI

Any info on QOL at Airnet?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: SAABster

Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Any info on QOL at Airnet?

Like to work at night in all kinds of weather. I interviewed there. I also have many reason's (opinions) on why I waited on a regional job! I thought the world of AirNet until I showed up for my interview.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by XJPILOT1 View Post
Like to work at night in all kinds of weather. I interviewed there. I also have many reason's (opinions) on why I waited on a regional job! I thought the world of AirNet until I showed up for my interview.
What was so bad about Airnet when you showed up for the interview.......they seem to be a great place to go from what I have heard....
Old 01-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: SAABster

Originally Posted by Luv2FLY79 View Post
What was so bad about Airnet when you showed up for the interview.......they seem to be a great place to go from what I have heard....
Well... I don't like making blanket statements about companies. 300 pilots from my company can't stand this place...so they found other jobs.

I guess I went there wanting any flying job. That's the wrong attitude.
I couldn't take the arrogent attitude of the recuiting pilots namely Bill and Craig. They are soo full of themselves. Many there are looking for regional jobs afterwards, I already had one (don't ask).

If you have low time you will fly anything anywhere. However, I already flew Navajo's so it wasn't a big step.

I found that I wanted to fly people not boxes. So I feel I made the right choice. Flying frieght, for me, is not better then flying pax. Bill tries to make you think the best pilots stay at AirNet. He says they make more money then the regional pilot. I didn't buy that for a minute. They really bashed the airlines.

So if you fly for AirNet, I believe you are the best at what you do. But I like Otto and my FO and my coffee warmer upper (FA). I fly mostly during the day. But for me I need human interaction! Talking to boxes through out the night wasn't for me.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

I couldn't take the arrogent attitude of the recuiting pilots namely Bill and Craig. They are soo full of themselves. Many there are looking for regional jobs afterwards, I already had one (don't ask).

But I like Otto and my FO and my coffee warmer upper (FA). I fly mostly during the day. But for me I need human interaction! Talking to boxes through out the night wasn't for me.
Ha, yeah Craig was a trip. I don't work at airnet, interviewed there though. I fly 135 box's primarily, but we do pax work to if that's your thing. I got a good Otto, S-tec 55x in 5 of our planes! To each their own, but I can tell you one thing, I do make more than airline guys, but I do fly my ass off too. 1200 hrs in 2006!!! In all weather, all times of day/night/morning/evening etc..
Old 01-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Airplane Driver

Who do you fly for Ewfflyer?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by rubbersidedown View Post
Who do you fly for Ewfflyer?
I'll keep that private, but it's a small outfit in Indiana.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Airplane Driver

Gatcha. Thats what I figured. Well played Mr. Ewfflyer. Well played.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Bus Driver

Well... I don't like making blanket statements about companies. 300 pilots from my company can't stand this place...so they found other jobs.

If you have low time you will fly anything anywhere. However, I already flew Navajo's so it wasn't a big step.

I found that I wanted to fly people not boxes. So I feel I made the right choice. Flying frieght, for me, is not better then flying pax. Bill tries to make you think the best pilots stay at AirNet. He says they make more money then the regional pilot. I didn't buy that for a minute. They really bashed the airlines.

So if you fly for AirNet, I believe you are the best at what you do. But I like Otto and my FO and my coffee warmer upper (FA). I fly mostly during the day. But for me I need human interaction! Talking to boxes through out the night wasn't for me.

Couldn't agree more!!! I went to career fair and the pilot recruiter I met went on and on about a story of almost making it to United but then went to Airnet instead. I barely got in any questions about the company because he was too busy telling me how they have the best pilots, life at Airnet is way better than life at an airline and blah blah blah. BTW the career fair was poorly organized and not a good impression.