Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 06:38 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: P-180

That's a good question. I've heard many times that airnet wouldn't be around too much longer but they are showing no sign of letting up. They have been doing this for a long time. My question is how long will there be a paper trail of canceled checks. So many things are electronic now. So which do you choose.... A bankrupt regional or a check hauling job. Seems to be risk in both.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

I have several answers for you.

Cancelled checks are still flying, and there's still plenty of them. The Check 21 banks are generally the big ones. It's a very expensive and technical program to use. The planes are still practical, so that's why airnet, bankair, americheck, my company, and many other smaller companies are still in business hauling them.

As for DTW, I used to flight instruct up there, and flew down to the interview on Route #351. At that time, about 1.5yrs ago, they based the Chieftan, Baron, and Caravan @ DTW for 8pm departures.

Their schedules are usually 8pm-ish to 6am-ish. I know a guy that does FWA-MKE-MSP-MKE-FWA. Leaves @ midnight, gets back at 10am. SO it's all dependant on that specific need, or bank.

Personally, single pilot 135 will hone your skills, but be smart, or it'll bite you in the process
Old 04-15-2007, 06:21 AM
On Reserve

Thanks for all the info. I'm trying to take as much info with me into the interview as possible. I'm really intrested in the challenges of the flying. If you think about it, how much harder can it get? High Performance pistion Twin in all weather at night by yourself. That would be great experience and like you said would hone your skills. I agree if you don't watch yourself it can bite ya. EWFFLYER you mentioned you fly out of Indiana. I think I know where that is and you may know a friend of mine or it could be you. Is there a private message section on this forum. Does your company fly 402's and or 404's. Hope to chat more about this soon. Safe and Happy Flying.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by Av8tr View Post
EWFFLYER you mentioned you fly out of Indiana. I think I know where that is and you may know a friend of mine or it could be you. Is there a private message section on this forum. Does your company fly 402's and or 404's. Hope to chat more about this soon. Safe and Happy Flying.
We do have a single 404, and yeah you can PM me, but I think you gotta have 10 posts or something like that, so get to posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Everything Ewfflyer said is true. Remember Airnet carries/hauls more than just checks. there are a few runs that solely carry medical items. There are day runs but most of them are 7-8pm show times and finish around 6-7 in the morning monday-thursday. it all depends where you want to try and get based.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A220 First Officer
Default Flysher

Originally Posted by Flysher View Post
I work at Airnet, and I know what you guys are talking about with the interview and whatnot. It's not as bad once your in though, most of the pilots are all modest guys ( at least the ones I know). I hate the fact that we are giving off that impression though, because behind the curtain it really isnt like that. No one here thinks their the best pilot or gods gift to aviation. I dont know why they advertise us that way, but hopefully it stops.
Hey Flysher,

I am seriously considering Airnet now. I will meet 135 mins in about three months or so. I am going to wait until then because I refuse to be an "SIC" on a Baron. I really think Airnet will be a great company because I am interested in sticking around and moving my way up the Airnet ladder to eventually work at JetRide. I was wondering if you could dig up some information on the Detroit base for me. What schedules are available? What aircraft are based there? What is the likelyhood of getting Detroit for my first base? I would really appreciate it. I know you can't PM so here is my email: [email protected]

Thanks UNDGUY
Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

I use to talk to Airnet pilots during midnight runs to SAT. They seem to have nice planes, and they burned kerosene. I never heard them complain about Airnet, and that usually comes out of pilots pretty easily when they are unhappy.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

I use to talk to Airnet pilots during midnight runs to SAT. They seem to have nice planes, and they burned kerosene. I never heard them complain about Airnet, and that usually comes out of pilots pretty easily when they are unhappy.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
On Reserve

Default Airnet

I am studying the gouges for the interview and am reading over the FAR/AIM. Planning on flying in a frasca here soon. Has anyone on here interviewed with them here recently and is there anything I can do to better prepare myself for this interview?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: FO

I have been at Airnet the past week for NIFA and from what I understand you can basically show up with commercial, instrument, and multi to get hired. They hired a pilot with only 7 multi hours! It could be a bunch of BS because Airnet is in need of pilots. Unfortunately most of the students here are naive college students.

If you don't mind breaking FAR's then Airnet is for you. One pilot said he has only done 5 missed approaches in the past 6 years working at Airnet. They get mad at their pilots when they have to go around.

Another thing bad about Airnet... Two pilots lost their job because they were trying to do a barrel roll in the Lear 60 yesterday. They went from 40,000 to 4,000 and stressed the wings and elevators enough you can see lumps. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. Sounds like they hire safe pilots to me.