Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: Whole lotta sitting
Default Fleet Size? Typo?

On the Boutique info page on APC, the fleet size was just updated on 4/25/2019, but it now says only 2 PC-12's. This must be a typo - the company web page still mentions 20-something. Or something big just happened.

Still no P-180's mentioned on APC, but the company website is advertising for P-180 CA.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Typo. 27 or so PC-12’s 2 P-180’s nearly ready to start flying. 1/2 dozen King airs. Source: recruiter.

Originally Posted by DBono View Post
On the Boutique info page on APC, the fleet size was just updated on 4/25/2019, but it now says only 2 PC-12's. This must be a typo - the company web page still mentions 20-something. Or something big just happened.

Still no P-180's mentioned on APC, but the company website is advertising for P-180 CA.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Not yet, you?

Originally Posted by VOLLU View Post
Any word yet?
Old 05-13-2019, 06:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

So anyone have info on why btq is calling old employees about an opportunity?
Old 05-13-2019, 08:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by BurnerAccount69 View Post
So anyone have info on why btq is calling old employees about an opportunity?
Yeah, I called them back. SS wants to get some charter operations going again, and they are looking for former BTQers to come back on a contract basis to help out. They didn't seem to have a lot of the details hashed out, but in early stages and seeing what sort of interest there is.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by trc8301 View Post
Yeah, I called them back. SS wants to get some charter operations going again, and they are looking for former BTQers to come back on a contract basis to help out. They didn't seem to have a lot of the details hashed out, but in early stages and seeing what sort of interest there is.
Thanks for the info
Old 05-14-2019, 12:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

only problem is i think a LOT of the former BTQ'ers are on with skywest, mesa, envoy etc and its not going to be something many of them would be interested in or even "outside flying" they would legally able to do.

interest is going to depend a lot on the details which they dont have yet.

An 8 on 8 off rotation might be interesting depending on the pay/benefits etc, NetJets(?) does something similar to that i think... if i remember correctly they get a monthly guarantee or actual hours flown whichever is greater and it is like a week on week off type thing.

another question is, since they mentioned "if your available you are if your not your not" sounds like an on call thing to me - but the question is, how much of that contract flying is going to be re-positioning PC-12s in the middle of the night to free up line pilots? or how much, if any of it is going to be covering scheduled BTQ ops like a perma-reserve guy?
Old 05-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Azorian View Post

only problem is i think a LOT of the former BTQ'ers are on with skywest, mesa, envoy etc and its not going to be something many of them would be interested in or even "outside flying" they would legally able to do.

interest is going to depend a lot on the details which they dont have yet.

An 8 on 8 off rotation might be interesting depending on the pay/benefits etc, NetJets(?) does something similar to that i think... if i remember correctly they get a monthly guarantee or actual hours flown whichever is greater and it is like a week on week off type thing.

another question is, since they mentioned "if your available you are if your not your not" sounds like an on call thing to me - but the question is, how much of that contract flying is going to be re-positioning PC-12s in the middle of the night to free up line pilots? or how much, if any of it is going to be covering scheduled BTQ ops like a perma-reserve guy?
As far as rotation, she made it sound like the idea would be that you give them your availability when you can and they contact off of that. My current company does allow moonlighting, so I know at least one regional does. I can't speak for any other airline/company.

Also, it was made to sound like just strictly charter flying. Not support flying for the line, but who knows. Quite honestly, what's the difference? If someone is looking to pick up a little extra time/money on the side, does it really matter if you are taking golfers to Bandon Dunes, or an empty Platypus to DEN?
Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

does it really matter if you are taking golfers to Bandon Dunes, or an empty Platypus to DEN?
nope, it doesnt. And depending on schedule and pay, im sure those with availability would be glad to do either
Old 05-15-2019, 04:07 AM
135 Survivor

Joined APC: May 2015
Default June class

I’m in the June 4 class. Can anyone offer me any tips for success? What is the training “footprint” like?