Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional
Special Eaglewire 09/12/2012 >

Special Eaglewire 09/12/2012

Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

Special Eaglewire 09/12/2012

Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
  #41  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,350
Default

Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
!IF! nothing else is announced for feed by March, this honestly is just a replacement for the CHQ flying. 15 CHQ planes, 23 Skywest, who cares. 125 MORE RJS will be coming.
Sure they will be, but where will they be going ?

Just to be safe, you may want to pick up the little dog, close your eyes and click your heels repeatedly saying, "there's no place like 125 RJ's, there's no place like 125 RJ's..........".

It can't hurt.
eaglefly is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:06 AM
  #42  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DashDriverYV's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: back in the right
Posts: 406
Default

Sure there are a lot of possibilities, and your not going to convince eaglefly otherwise. However based on my industry experience, we are about to lose massive amounts of flying and pilots to the street. AMR's mo has been diversify, and get larger rjs. They are already in talks with republic for the big ones. The same amount of aircraft at eagle is not going to happen. The best thing you can do, if junior, is apply to republic or skywest and get hired before the rest of the eagle furloughs start coming over. It should make a nice cushion for ya.
While I wish we could be optimistic, AMR hates its employees AA and eagle. There will be no good from any of this.
DashDriverYV is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 AM
  #43  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo
Posts: 2,413
Default

we will see, till 125 airplanes are assigned to other feed providers, Eagle is still gaining. Once it passes 125 jets then this place is shrinking.
lakehouse is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 AM
  #44  
On Reserve
 
YuppiePilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Reserve for Life
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by DashDriverYV View Post
Sure there are a lot of possibilities, and your not going to convince eaglefly otherwise. However based on my industry experience, we are about to lose massive amounts of flying and pilots to the street. AMR's mo has been diversify, and get larger rjs. They are already in talks with republic for the big ones. The same amount of aircraft at eagle is not going to happen. The best thing you can do, if junior, is apply to republic or skywest and get hired before the rest of the eagle furloughs start coming over. It should make a nice cushion for ya.
While I wish we could be optimistic, AMR hates its employees AA and eagle. There will be no good from any of this.
Sadly, I completely agree with that sentiment.
YuppiePilot is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
  #45  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PerpetualFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2011
Posts: 496
Default

Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
we will see, till 125 airplanes are assigned to other feed providers, Eagle is still gaining. Once it passes 125 jets then this place is shrinking.
Congratulations, you've just entered step 1 on the 7 steps of grief scale, shock and denial.
PerpetualFlyer is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:17 AM
  #46  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,350
Default

Originally Posted by DashDriverYV View Post
Sure there are a lot of possibilities, and your not going to convince eaglefly otherwise. However based on my industry experience, we are about to lose massive amounts of flying and pilots to the street. AMR's mo has been diversify, and get larger rjs. They are already in talks with republic for the big ones. The same amount of aircraft at eagle is not going to happen. The best thing you can do, if junior, is apply to republic or skywest and get hired before the rest of the eagle furloughs start coming over. It should make a nice cushion for ya.
While I wish we could be optimistic, AMR hates its employees AA and eagle. There will be no good from any of this.
I think Rick is strictly basing his hopes on a stand alone AA. If there is a U merger and almost certainly there will be, several of their carriers will remain and based on the number of aircraft planned by the U CLA, I see Eagle......well, the former "Eagle" being a player, but not the dominant player. Ultimately 150 large RJ's of the CRJ-700/900 would make them a significant future presence, but half their current size.

Rick thinks HIS Eagle will be flying up to 375 RJ's (and even perhaps turboprops), but that is WAY to many for either AMR's whipsaw model or Parker's plans, if you ask me.
eaglefly is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:37 AM
  #47  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Left seat of a Jet
Posts: 514
Default

Originally Posted by DashDriverYV View Post
Sure there are a lot of possibilities, and your not going to convince eaglefly otherwise. However based on my industry experience, we are about to lose massive amounts of flying and pilots to the street. AMR's mo has been diversify, and get larger rjs. They are already in talks with republic for the big ones. The same amount of aircraft at eagle is not going to happen. The best thing you can do, if junior, is apply to republic or skywest and get hired before the rest of the eagle furloughs start coming over. It should make a nice cushion for ya.
While I wish we could be optimistic, AMR hates its employees AA and eagle. There will be no good from any of this.

Many companies hate their employees especially pilots. I cannot think of one company I worked for in which said I love my employees. Many companies will say they love their employees as they reduce your pay and benefits. Don't get it twisted with the shareholder's love of making money.
bozobigtop is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:48 AM
  #48  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo
Posts: 2,413
Default

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I think Rick is strictly basing his hopes on a stand alone AA. If there is a U merger and almost certainly there will be, several of their carriers will remain and based on the number of aircraft planned by the U CLA, I see Eagle......well, the former "Eagle" being a player, but not the dominant player. Ultimately 150 large RJ's of the CRJ-700/900 would make them a significant future presence, but half their current size.

Rick thinks HIS Eagle will be flying up to 375 RJ's (and even perhaps turboprops), but that is WAY to many for either AMR's whipsaw model or Parker's plans, if you ask me.
No I am just playing a stand alone AA. I think if USAIR does not get to take over, that AA may still pass on USAIR post BK.
I never said Eagle will fly 375 RJS, I think 250, but we basically have 250 airplanes now. I am saying with scope relief 125 more RJs are coming under the AA RJ brand. Until 125 airplanes worth of non AMR EAGLE contracts are in place we are still not completely doomed. I think there might be pain in all this, however this doom/gloom is still a maybe, and needs to be seen. We could still have 250 airplanes between CRJ700/900s and EMJ145s in the course of the next 1-3 years.


You want to come in here and point your finger saying look look I told ya they will bid out what Eagle is flying, but I am not sure this is going to be at AMR Eagles expense, I think this is at AAs expense. I still think Eagle may shuffle into other flying, as bigger RJs are coming. This is AA flying being lost. This is what AMR will do, take a little from the AA guys at a rate slow enough that they dont go bonkers enough to do what the company is afraid they will.
lakehouse is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 AM
  #49  
Gets Weekends Off
 
D B Cooper's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Posts: 739
Default

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I think Rick is strictly basing his hopes on a stand alone AA. If there is a U merger and almost certainly there will be, several of their carriers will remain and based on the number of aircraft planned by the U CLA, I see Eagle......well, the former "Eagle" being a player, but not the dominant player. Ultimately 150 large RJ's of the CRJ-700/900 would make them a significant future presence, but half their current size.

Rick thinks HIS Eagle will be flying up to 375 RJ's (and even perhaps turboprops), but that is WAY to many for either AMR's whipsaw model or Parker's plans, if you ask me.
+1, I see it as being what Comair has been, have the size of its former glory. Eagle will have the current 700's and maybe a few 900's. No sense in wasting money for E175/190 sim and instructors. Republic already can supply that.

Question I have is all these carriers will be flying under the American Eagle name. I thought the whole reason American Conn was created was because American Eagle was an airline and companies given name. Delta Conn, and US Express Etc.. Aren't airline names but marketing tools. My question, is there some legal copy right? Or the the Eagle name a registered trademark with AMR.
D B Cooper is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 AM
  #50  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Posts: 59
Default

Apa really stuck it to amr....
Yuuuup is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SongMan
Flight Schools and Training
18
06-08-2014 09:31 AM
vandypilot
Major
14
02-17-2012 09:09 AM
130drvr
Major
0
07-12-2008 02:33 PM
meritflyer
ExpressJet
70
06-12-2008 10:05 PM
lov2fly
Pilot Health
4
10-08-2007 06:48 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread