sCAL Bids out

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 18
Go to
Quote: Ditto for sUAL.

Prior to the merger, sUAL had more firm order A320s scheduled for delivery in 2013/2014 than sCAL had aircraft ordered for delivery during the period (737s and 787s). The deposits were paid and the sUAL orders are still on Airbus' official order page, so yes, let's play the game about expectations, retirements, and firm aircraft orders as I'm sure you would receive plenty of support from sUAL pilots.
sUAL has an open order for 42 A320's. Below is a CAL order from 2007, there have been 2 or 3 more since then.

HOUSTON, Feb. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) today announced that it has added 27 aircraft to its firm order positions at Boeing, including eight new 777 and 19 new Next-Generation 737 (737NG) aircraft. The aircraft orders give Continental the flexibility to replace less efficient airplanes and to pursue growth opportunities. This new order brings Continental's total firm commitments to 111 new Boeing aircraft (25 Boeing 787s, eight Boeing 777s and 78 Boeing 737s) for delivery over the next six years. In addition, Continental has options to purchase a total of 102 additional Boeing aircraft. Continental has taken delivery of five 737NG aircraft this year and plans to take delivery of 27 additional 737NG aircraft by the end of 2008.
PR Newswire (Continental Airlines Orders New 777s and 737s From Boeing -- re> HOUSTON, Feb. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --)

And then this one for the 900ER in 2008

SEATTLE, Jan. 14, 2008 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Continental Airlines [NYSE:CAL] today celebrated the delivery of the airline's first Next-Generation 737-900ER (Extended Range) airplane. With this delivery, Continental becomes the first airline in the Americas to operate the 737-900ER, a higher-capacity, longer-range derivative and newest member of the Next-Generation 737 airplane family.

Continental was the first airline in the Americas to order the 737-900ER and currently has 26 more on order. Continental this year expects to take delivery of an average of two-to-three new Next-Generation 737s per month, which includes a mix of 737-900ERs and 737-800s. The airplanes are part of Continental's comprehensive fleet strategy, which focuses on improving operational efficiency and customer comfort.
Quote: Prior to the merger, sUAL had more firm order A320s scheduled for delivery in 2013/2014...
So, where are they?
Snapshot results?
I thought a snapshot was going to be published on the 29th. Anybody find anything? Last time it was on the e-bulletin board link on the flight ops site. Nothing today...
Quote: I thought a snapshot was going to be published on the 29th. Anybody find anything? Last time it was on the e-bulletin board link on the flight ops site. Nothing today...
Post #89 in this thread:
Quote: The first snapshot for the L-CAL system bid is out. It may be found on Flying Together | Flight Operations | Subsidiary-specific operations | L-CAL System Staffing
Quote: I thought a snapshot was going to be published on the 29th. Anybody find anything? Last time it was on the e-bulletin board link on the flight ops site. Nothing today...
It's there. Junior CA (EWR 73) is an April 2006 hire.
60% Base Seniority Above the G-Line? / Below or no way to know?

Thanks.......
Quote: Ditto for sUAL.

Prior to the merger, sUAL had more firm order A320s scheduled for delivery in 2013/2014 than sCAL had aircraft ordered for delivery during the period (737s and 787s). The deposits were paid and the sUAL orders are still on Airbus' official order page, so yes, let's play the game about expectations, retirements, and firm aircraft orders as I'm sure you would receive plenty of support from sUAL pilots.
Hmm another inequity that must be rectified!
Quote: sUAL has an open order for 42 A320's. Below is a CAL order from 2007, there have been 2 or 3 more since then.
Yup, and we should probably also mention sUAL's firm order for 50 widebody aircraft (with additional options). There's also been lots of activity post-merger including a cancellation of some pre-merger sCAL 737 orders (when the UCH 737 MAX order was placed) and the sUAL specific order/options for 737-900ERs.

I'm simply referencing deliveries during 2013/2014 that should be driving the current "expectations" and mainline growth, if any, that's driving current staffing requirements.

Quote: So, where are they?
Exactly.
APC225 wrote:
Quote:
yet here you are delighting in the what may be a far worse fate (no one would have been displaced from SFO) for DEN pilots.
This makes me believe you did not get the gist of my post. The 757s will be parked and hundreds of pilots will get displacement bids. These pilots can then pick (like kids in a candy store) any base/fleet/seat where 1 pilot is junior to them. No vacancy needed. Secondary and tertiary displacement bids may follow at the companies discretion. For example, if too many pilots bump into DEN 737 CAP, creating a surplus, then a secondary displacement bid may be issued for DEN 737 CAP. It gets messy. Sect. 8-E-7/8/9 will explain the process if you don't get it. I am going to go out on a limb and say 1978-1990 hires will be senior to the 2005/2006 Caps on this latest system bid. But you never know.

Sled
Quote: This makes me believe you did not get the gist of my post.
I got it, and I understand how the process works. I just thought the "kid in a candy store" comment a little misplaced. Turbulent times are ahead for many of us on both sides.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 18
Go to