The Useful PSA Thread

Subscribe
19  69  109  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  129  169  219  619 
Page 119 of 678
Go to
New to the whole APForums game. Just thought i'd input my training so far at PSA. Great training, everybody is really nice in Dayton- although the wait time is somewhat strenuous due to the aforementioned bottleneck of everybody needing IOE due to changes in the company. Not that I dont enjoy the time off, but its very hard to stay on top of you r game with weeks( months ) off at a time. Passed the checkride after 8 sessions in Cincinnati in mid November, so going on 8 weeks off since ( including 2, 2 day sessions in Charlotte for differences) and waiting on a call for OE.

The positive though is hopefully no reserve time for me in Dayton ( only a short drive away) and I think I was able to bid for a round 1 line for next month? But flica is a manual of its own to conquer so I've been hearing there is a time and a place to learn the ins and outs of it.

I do have a question for a veteran though- say I wanted to pack up and move the woman and dog with me down to Charlotte this summer, at what time would you change your bid preference on the website?

Any feedback is appreciated. Fly safely!
Quote: New to the whole APForums game. Just thought i'd input my training so far at PSA. Great training, everybody is really nice in Dayton- although the wait time is somewhat strenuous due to the aforementioned bottleneck of everybody needing IOE due to changes in the company. Not that I dont enjoy the time off, but its very hard to stay on top of you r game with weeks( months ) off at a time. Passed the checkride after 8 sessions in Cincinnati in mid November, so going on 8 weeks off since ( including 2, 2 day sessions in Charlotte for differences) and waiting on a call for OE.

The positive though is hopefully no reserve time for me in Dayton ( only a short drive away) and I think I was able to bid for a round 1 line for next month? But flica is a manual of its own to conquer so I've been hearing there is a time and a place to learn the ins and outs of it.

I do have a question for a veteran though- say I wanted to pack up and move the woman and dog with me down to Charlotte this summer, at what time would you change your bid preference on the website?

Any feedback is appreciated. Fly safely!
Usually awards are a 1.5 - 2 months ahead. Try to guesstimate when you can hold CLT and bid accordingly
Quote: I think he meant "FAA Oral" in the sense that most are getting an ATP and/or Type Rating out of it.

I already had the ATP and Type, my sim partner did not. We both had the same company checkairman.
The initial and upgrade oral/sim checkride is conducted by PSA APD's (FAA Examiners). This is a company requirement even if you already have an ATP/Type. The oral is the same, whether typed or not...the sim checkride is almost the same...there are a few added requirements for an Initial ATP.
This might be a stupid question but just want to clarify something. I checked out the route map on PSA website and from the map it seems like all flights are originated from the 3 hubs then flying back to the hub. My question is do PSA flights always to one destination then back to the base then to the next destination? Or does PSA have multi city/day trips and the map is just showing destinations from each hub? Thank you
Quote: This might be a stupid question but just want to clarify something. I checked out the route map on PSA website and from the map it seems like all flights are originated from the 3 hubs then flying back to the hub. My question is do PSA flights always to one destination then back to the base then to the next destination? Or does PSA have multi city/day trips and the map is just showing destinations from each hub? Thank you
The map is probably not up to date. However, most regionals do out and backs from hubs.
you would leave your base operate to a hub and then out and back and out again. 3 to 5 legs per day for 3 or 4 days away from base. something like that.
Thanks for the clarification! Till now I've always thought regional pilots fly Outta base to several cities staying at a hotel before coming back to base (for multi day trips)
Does anyone know if PSA will be expanding to the west with the new planes coming in? And also possibly to canada as well?
Quote: This might be a stupid question but just want to clarify something. I checked out the route map on PSA website and from the map it seems like all flights are originated from the 3 hubs then flying back to the hub. My question is do PSA flights always to one destination then back to the base then to the next destination? Or does PSA have multi city/day trips and the map is just showing destinations from each hub? Thank you
Most are hub out and backs. There are a few were you transition hubs. For example CLT-BHM-PHL Or CLT-SAV-DCA
Quote: Does anyone know if PSA will be expanding to the west with the new planes coming in? And also possibly to canada as well?
This question was asked to one of the various management folks who have came through indoc class last week and introduced themselves.

There may be some west flying however it is unlikely there will be any west domiciles. It is almost assured there will be a fourth pilot domicile in 2015 but it has not been announced. Most think it will be chicago.
19  69  109  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  129  169  219  619 
Page 119 of 678
Go to