Comair updates?

Subscribe
55  105  145  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  165  205  255  655  1155 
Page 155 of 2260
Go to
before contract 2001, we were legal to do 8 in a row. every day for 8 days, that sucked. (minus the 1 in 7.)
Quote: I sat the 3am ready this morning and it sucked a$$...I mean, I was only able to sleep about 4 hours in the ready room before they released me at 7. Getting paid to sleep is bull******.
Yeah! Like I said, I got called out every single time when I sat 3 am RR, but let me tell you, I had a very hard time staying awake during those 4 a.m. flights.
Everyone has to do their time on reserve, especially here at Comair. I was on reserve 2 years exactly here and I did 6 RR's every single month.

During the furlough in '05, I was the most junior FO able to hold CVG. Everyone else was either shipped off to JFK or furloughed and I was on the bottom for a while. I got the A1 window constantly and either got the 12AM to 6AM RR (yes, we had those for a while) or the 3AM to 9AM RR. I agree they sucked, but hey, I did my time. Once I upgrade to Captain, whenever that may be, I fully expect to get the crap stuff (ie 3AM RR's) 6 times per month.

Once you get off reserve here, it is a totally different job and it's almost like you're working for a totally different company. Your day will come. Maybe not as soon as you'd like, but it will come.
Quote: Yeah! Like I said, I got called out every single time when I sat 3 am RR, but let me tell you, I had a very hard time staying awake during those 4 a.m. flights.
I was being slightly sarcastic...but if I were in your position I would probably be upset at having to fly at 4am every time too. After all, it's not like we're making UPS money to get up in the middle of the night to do that sh*t.
Quote: I was being slightly sarcastic...but if I were in your position I would probably be upset at having to fly at 4am every time too. After all, it's not like we're making UPS money to get up in the middle of the night to do that sh*t.
Yeah, it was a pain doing those 4 a.m. flights. And yeah, the only other aircraft you hear out there at 4 a.m. are UPS, FedEx, Airborne, etc.

One of the flights a few weeks ago...

Me: "Indy! Good morning, Comair 9606, FL230."
Indy: "Comair 9606, Indy Center, Roger. Good Morning. Man, you guys are either really early or really late."
Me: "Early. We are doing a ferry flight"
Indy: "Wow, that's pretty early"
Me: "Yeah, tell me about it"
3am sucks when i was in the military it was my job to get up at 2am. it was a job that i choose to do. A job I loved. no one had a gun to my head and made me do it.
Quote: 3am sucks when i was in the military it was my job to get up at 2am. it was a job that i choose to do. A job I loved. no one had a gun to my head and made me do it.
Am I missing something FTR or are you in basically stating if you don't like leave it?

If so......I think that is being taken care of given the rate of our attrition.
Quote: 3am sucks when i was in the military it was my job to get up at 2am. it was a job that i choose to do. A job I loved. no one had a gun to my head and made me do it.
Then you were lucky - can you believe there actually was a scheduler holding a gun to my head while I was sleeping in the ready room? Pretty scary.
chow

what i'm saying is it sucks but what good is it going to do *****ing about it.
its a job that they choose to do. I hate a lot of things about my job but it does me no good to complain about something i have no control over. If i had my way there wouldn't be a 3am rr. In other words we all have done things we dont want to do cause we were Jr to someone its a part of life.

I love working here but the fighting between everyone has got to stop

I've tried to bridge the gap.
Quote: Then you were lucky - can you believe there actually was a scheduler holding a gun to my head while I was sleeping in the ready room? Pretty scary.
859-767-3123
55  105  145  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  165  205  255  655  1155 
Page 155 of 2260
Go to