Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
3524  4024  4424  4474  4514  4520  4521  4522  4523  4524  4525  4526  4527  4528  4534  4574  4624  5024  5524 
Page 4524 of 20173
Go to
Quote: The Predatory Female

A must read for anyone thinking about getting married.

Male or female, a pre-nup these days is a must have for anyone with more than two nickles to rub together. For the ladies, too...women don't have a monopoly on getting alimony or child support anymore.

Nu
------------
Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

That book is an essential read, I think it is also on the CSAF professional reading list. I used to hand it out for free to anyone thinking about marriage.
Quote: Let's look at the iPad as a shipset alternative, rather than our final EFB solution. Here are a few points to consider.

-The cost savings of electronic updates vs. manual updates of the shipsets should offset the initial capital outlay. Doing a basic NPV analysis would only take a few minutes.

-The shipsets are AC specific, requiring multiple versions. The iPad could cover ALL airports and therefore be universal to the entire fleet.

-A searchable pdf on an iPad provides faster reference to key data than a shipset does.

-The iPad saves weight compared to a shipset.

-And Finally, I want Delta to buy me an iPad.

I jumpseat on almost every airline. I have yet to see a IFB in use and working. The closest I have seen is USAIR has about 20 IFB's installed on their A320's however they have not turned the power on yet and they are just decorations at the moment. There is a lot more involved then most people realize. Some of the basic FAA guidelines include dual power supplies, direct sunlight viewable. Crashworthy mounting system ect..... The IPAD fails all 3 of the above.
The other issue is Jepps is working on their own IFB. They are owned by Boeing. They are pushing that product not other options. Updates are not cheaper on EFB's then paper. Jepps charges the same. Delta is going to EFB's however in about 2 years they are going to be far more capable then today. Delta wants a EFB that can interface with both maintenance and dispatch. They are going with shipsets until the product is available.
Quote: Let's look at the iPad as a shipset alternative, rather than our final EFB solution. Here are a few points to consider.

-The cost savings of electronic updates vs. manual updates of the shipsets should offset the initial capital outlay. Doing a basic NPV analysis would only take a few minutes.

-The shipsets are AC specific, requiring multiple versions. The iPad could cover ALL airports and therefore be universal to the entire fleet.

-A searchable pdf on an iPad provides faster reference to key data than a shipset does.

-The iPad saves weight compared to a shipset.

-And Finally, I want Delta to buy me an iPad.
In addition to the other issues already raised about the iPad as an EFB, how about heat? There has already been a class action lawsuit filed over the iPad overheating when taken outside in "normal" weather. Imagine it in a MD or even a DC-9 cockpit...
Quote: What's with the 320's not doing single engine taxi? I followed one of ours for 53 minutes this morning in the ATL elephant walk while he burned a couple thousand pounds of fuel.
Plz read my A320 SE taxi thread. I suspect the % of SE taxi will increase when more fDAL pilots fly it. So when ya gonna check out on my bus
Quote: Not to be a stick in the mud but really? It could not possibly be worse than ATL. I've never once had a good experience in ATL. It's a breath of fresh air each time I get to a North base. ATL is a crap hole where only delays and bad things happen. Sorry but that place sucks in every way. There is no way you could convice me that a North base has more issues than ATL.

Captn;
ATL may have AC that does not keep up with the amount of passengers, the rampers and gate agents may be rude and or over worked, but no other airport shucks people out more efficiently.

I almost always leave on time here. It is not perfect, but it does a decent job given the stress that the system is put under on a daily basis.
Quote: Bids are only out for a few categories.....
It looks like they fixed the glitch. And you are right, I should have said they were out for almost all A's and a few B's.
Quote: Plz read my A320 SE taxi thread. I suspect the % of SE taxi will increase when more fDAL pilots fly it. So when ya gonna check out on my bus

Depending on the next AE, it may be sooner rather than later!
Quote: Depending on the next AE, it may be sooner rather than later!
acl,

Are you going to the left seat of the 320 on the next AE? How big is it going to be?
Quote: acl,

Are you going to the left seat of the 320 on the next AE? How big is it going to be?

The only time I am will be in the left seat of anything is when I am driving my car to the airport!
Quote: The only time I am will be in the left seat of anything is when I am driving my car to the airport!
Patience, grasshopper, patience. Your time will come...
3524  4024  4424  4474  4514  4520  4521  4522  4523  4524  4525  4526  4527  4528  4534  4574  4624  5024  5524 
Page 4524 of 20173
Go to