PDT News and Rumors

Subscribe
114  514  564  604  610  611  612  613  614  615  616  617  618  624  664  714  1114 
Page 614 of 1123
Go to
Quote: Would you happen to know if new hires would be allowed to move onto 145s when it comes? Or would there is a wait list after willing senior pilots get to go first?

And IF was allowed to go onto 145, would the estimated upgrade time of less than 2 years be reset?
What we know about the 145s is that positions will have to go thru the seniority biding process.

Due to seat locks affecting the flow, some may not actually bid for it. Nobody knows what will really happen.
Do you know how long it usually takes for a new hire to hold a line at PDT?
I just flew with a CHO-based FO who was 3 weeks off SOE, and he was already holding a line. And not even the most junior line holder, at that.
Honestly if you were going to come to Piedmont right now you'd be set. Getting in before the ERJ's arrive and the movement will be fast. It's amazing how much I've moved up on the Captains side due to the Flow.

Our bases are a tough commute, our schedules need more then just a little work but upside is you'd be getting on early and with the flow increasing after the 20th ERJ you'd probably upgrade pretty fast and have your job waiting for you at American if you want it.
Every sounds amazing. As you said the commute would be difficult. I looked thru Kayak and Expedia for flights from where I am, most of PDT bases would go through CLT and there aren't that many flights from there and nothing coming in to the bases in the morning.
So if I'm scheduled for morning, I'd have to get there a night before and be on reserve in a hotel.

What kind of schedules do newbies get? Mostly 3-4 day trip, start time etc?
Quote: Every sounds amazing. As you said the commute would be difficult. I looked thru Kayak and Expedia for flights from where I am, most of PDT bases would go through CLT and there aren't that many flights from there and nothing coming in to the bases in the morning.
So if I'm scheduled for morning, I'd have to get there a night before and be on reserve in a hotel.

What kind of schedules do newbies get? Mostly 3-4 day trip, start time etc?

there's always the cargos for mornings

and there are no set schedules for anyone...they randomly change line construction month to month, hell even in teh same line there is no repetition or purity...
So nothing gets old. I like that.
Quote: So nothing gets old. I like that.
you say that now, but its not what you think....
So that is not a desirable thing in the long run. Do they at least put you in a descent hotel for layovers?
Quote: So that is not a desirable thing in the long run. Do they at least put you in a descent hotel for layovers?
114  514  564  604  610  611  612  613  614  615  616  617  618  624  664  714  1114 
Page 614 of 1123
Go to