Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
185  585  635  675  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  689  695  735  785 
Page 685 of 1123
Go to
Jughead135,

Quote:
Society of Upper-Class Kelp-Eating Radicals
Just wait, I got my credit card receipt today from the Lagos Bank.

GF
Quote: Probably not the way he intended, but I get what he is saying. Since when does being: gay, female, black, Asian, white, male, etc. have anything to do with qualifications? These are factors part of the human species, but do they make us better at flying? (obvious answer here). So why then has it been allowed that companies associate themselves with these organizations and these are the only places these recruitment teams will meet with candidates? If you think about it, it is discrimination to whites, males, Indians, Asians, Muslims, Hindu, etc. because there are no organizations to represent them that these airlines associate themselves with. These carriers are one lawsuit away from not being associated with any of them and this could actually be something that happens.
You know India is in Asia right? And that the vast majority of Indians are either Muslim or Hindu? And that they could become OBAP or WIA members as both organizations welcome members of any race or gender....even white men.

I've no idea why Delta attends certain hiring fairs. Anyone can sue anyone, but I suspect Delta has more lawyers than pilots and really doesn't worry about being sued for attending job fairs sponsored by organizations open to people of any race/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation.

Oberon covered it, but if you ever get the chance to walk through a Delta crew lounge you'd soon put to rest your worries about discrimination against the white man.

But go ahead and bring your lawsuit. Let us know how it goes.
Quote: For someone that is still on the outside, you are in no position to give advice on how to get an interview or what the company is looking for on your app. Stop giving tips and spreading rumors that you know nothing about. I am not saying that you are a bad person. I do hope that you get the invite also. Just leave the hiring and application tips to those that are already here.

Quote: List all volunteer work at the bottom of your employment section under Achievements and Awards.
Is this bad advice as well? Is volunteer work really an achievement or award? I apologize if you think I have bad advice. I just recently had a recruiter/chief pilot/interviewer review my application and she seemed to love my app. She told me not to change anything on my app. So I guess I apologize if I gave bad advice which was only passed to me. I am a guy looking in from the outside and trying to figure out how to get in. I meant no harm in trying to lead anyone astray. I don't believe anyone on here really knows the exact or best way to get the interview and I am willing to admit that I am one of them. Please don't take anything I say as fact but just advise. Sorry milky that you don't like my posts.
Quote:
I completely missed that he was talking about a lawsuit. That's amazingly funny if you know anything about how the law treats discrimination. Google "protected classes" for a primer. Spoiler alert: white men aren't a protected class.
Quote: Thanks, I'll be sure to do that!

I do want to make sure you understand that I have nothing to do with the interview process. When they ask for achievements and awards, it's a very vague definition of what achievements actually are. I believe that working two jobs and graduating college with no debt is an achievement but that's my personal opinion. I'm not sure AK agrees but I know a couple of interviewers who agree. So as milky has so boldly said and for what it's worth, take that with a grain of salt. I don't beleive anyone on here really knows what exactly will or won't get you an interview so hopefully my opinion is not misconstrued as an actual fact.
Quote: If the only criteria for a airline to hire a pilot was their experience, there would be no need to have a face to face interview. They would simply send a offer letter to the applicants with the most flight time. We all know this is not how it works.

In today's world there is much more to being successful in this career than how long you've had your hand on a yoke (or side stick). I am the first to admit that I am sure I would have a hard time getting hired in today's environment. My total time spent preparing for my interview with NWA in late '84 was pulling out the information card in the seat back of a DC-10 and memorizing the current flight and route structure.

My point is that no matter what your gender, race, religion or sexual orientation is, a airline is going to hire the "type" of pilot they want. If I, or anyone else on the outside, knows what that is they would be rich.

Best of luck to you all. Delta is a great Air Line with a great future. Hang in there. Hopefully, you will all get a chance to "rock or not rock"
At one time at NWA, you had to be 5'10" or better to be a pilot.
Quote: I do want to make sure you understand that I have nothing to do with the interview process. When they ask for achievements and awards, it's a very vague definition of what achievements actually are. I believe that working two jobs and graduating college with no debt is an achievement but that's my personal opinion. I'm not sure AK agrees but I know a couple of interviewers who agree. So as milky has so boldly said and for what it's worth, take that with a grain of salt. I don't beleive anyone on here really knows what exactly will or won't get you an interview so hopefully my opinion is not misconstrued as an actual fact.
Of course....I know we are all mostly here to help others out. Happy flying!
Quote: At one time at NWA, you had to be 5'10" or better to be a pilot.
Was that like 1998 or 1948? Any idea what the reasoning was for that?
Quote: Was that like 1998 or 1948? Any idea what the reasoning was for that?
Surely you have flown with a Napoleon or two?!?! Eeeek!
Quote: You know India is in Asia right? And that the vast majority of Indians are either Muslim or Hindu? And that they could become OBAP or WIA members as both organizations welcome members of any race or gender....even white men.

I've no idea why Delta attends certain hiring fairs. Anyone can sue anyone, but I suspect Delta has more lawyers than pilots and really doesn't worry about being sued for attending job fairs sponsored by organizations open to people of any race/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation.

Oberon covered it, but if you ever get the chance to walk through a Delta crew lounge you'd soon put to rest your worries about discrimination against the white man.

Ummmm...... Hmmmm.... Apparently you read my post wrong. I never mentioned bringing a lawsuit against DAL. I have neither the money or time, but do a little research and you will see there are lawsuits at the college level beginning because those with better gpa's and credentials are getting bypassed by those having "affirmative action". Just a fact and that was my point.

I do know India is in Asia, but I know of a TKD instructor that states he's Asian, but does that make him from India?

I can guarantee you that delta does not have more lawyers than pilots. Delta does have many, but not that many.

My apologies for apparently stepping on your toes. Should have known better than to rub you the wrong way.
185  585  635  675  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  689  695  735  785 
Page 685 of 1123
Go to