Frontier Negotiations Discussion

Subscribe
33  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  53  93  143 
Page 43 of 465
Go to
My point is what good is scope if you don’t have a job worth protecting. Right now your job isn’t worth protecting, your captains could leave and be better off in year 3 at almost any other airline. I have a job that is worth protecting but I haven’t needed scope in the last 15 and at my seniority I don’t think I will need it for the next 25... Have you ever looked into the projected need for pilots going forward? I think scope is the boogie man created by management. If times really go bad every bankruptcy court will rip it right down the middle. Good on ya... scope in that $30 an hour job. There is another line of reasoning management loves, just keep your costs so low that you actually undercut Mesa Airlines... Then your pilot group will have job security.
Quote: My point is what good is scope if you don’t have a job worth protecting. Right now your job isn’t worth protecting, you all could leave and be better off in year 3 at almost any other airline. I have a job that is worth protecting but I haven’t needed scope in the last 15 and at my seniority I don’t think I will need it for the next 25... Have you ever looked into the projected need for pilots going forward? I think scope is the boogie man created by management. If times really go bad every bankruptcy court will rip it right down the middle. Good on ya... scope in that $30 an hour job.
I'm sure the pilots at the legacy carriers who allowed the camel's nose that is the RJ to make it's way under the tent never thought they'd need stronger scope language too.

Contrary to your selfish opinion, this contract is for all of the 1100+ F9 pilots currently on property, plus those who will be hired over the next few years, not just the senior bunch who wouldn't be hurt by furloughs.
Well go get your scope, your ideas are noble. Just my opinion but I think management uses it to slow down negotiations, line their pockets, and screw you all out of a ton of money. Have you looked at the furlough record of the big three, what has their scope ever protected or provented. Flow back RJ FO? Compare the percentage of RJs to mainline aircraft at the big three and Alaska... I know, I know soon that will change. I just don’t see it, the economics of the Regional jet are honestly terrible. Sincerely though, best of luck to you all.
Any updates from the pub event?
Quote: Well go get your scope, your ideas are noble. Just my opinion but I think management uses it to slow down negotiations, line their pockets, and screw you all out of a ton of money. Have you looked at the furlough record of the big three, what has their scope ever protected or provented. Flow back RJ FO? Compare the percentage of RJs to mainline aircraft at the big three and Alaska... I know, I know soon that will change. I just don’t see it, the economics of the Regional jet are honestly terrible. Sincerely though, best of luck to you all.
You're proving my point about improving scope. The preponderance of the RJ came about precisely because of poor scope language. Furloughs would've happened no matter what, no amount of scope or scope language would've changed that but it would also have stemmed the explosive growth that the regionals saw during the same time frame.

Thank you for the luck, we're going to need it.
New website
Spread it around!

http://frontierbadbargain.com/
Mediation resumes Nov 27th.

NMB head Patricia Simms will attend. Lets get this done.
Quote: Mediation resumes Nov 27th.

NMB head Patricia Simms will attend. Lets get this done.
Isn't she the same mediator that told the Spirit pilots that the company didn't need to come up anymore?
Quote: Isn't she the same mediator that told the Spirit pilots that the company didn't need to come up anymore?
Yeah thats her.
Quote: Isn't she the same mediator that told the Spirit pilots that the company didn't need to come up anymore?
What did that mean for them? Is that a "management doesn't need to come because they're useless"?
33  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  53  93  143 
Page 43 of 465
Go to