C Series Info

Subscribe
241  291  331  337  338  339  340  341  342  343  344  345  351  391 
Page 341 of 396
Go to
Quote: What was the last we heard from the company regarding a LAX 220 category, or SEA for that matter? I’d think if either of those expansions were in cards, wouldn’t the process begin around now.
In his video covering the NB portion of the AE on SkyHub BS stated they held off some 220 positions from this bid to be added at a later date because depending on Network final deployment of the 220 it might warrant opening a 3rd base

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Quote: some skyhub video a month or two back mentioned no new bases for 2 years....take it with a grain of salt.
So that means a new base on the next bid.
Quote: So that means a new base on the next bid.
Exactly, no one knows till zero hour and a bid is out
Quote: What was the last we heard from the company regarding a LAX 220 category, or SEA for that matter? I’d think if either of those expansions were in cards, wouldn’t the process begin around now.
More routes from LAX and SEA were announced for winter 2019-2020 schedule. SEA-LAX, SEA-SFO, SLC-SFO, SLC-AUS, LAX-AUS
Quote: More routes from LAX and SEA were announced for winter 2019-2020 schedule. SEA-LAX, SEA-SFO, SLC-SFO, SLC-AUS, LAX-AUS
Do we know yet if the long term plans are for the A220-300 to take over A319 flying and park the 319s?
xwind limit
Quote: So that means a new base on the next bid.
Rumor for debunking or confirmation: C Series has a silly crosswind limit (maybe 5 knots?) above a certain pressure altitude (4000?) which renders SLC a rather challenging operational environment?
C Series Info
Quote: Rumor for debunking or confirmation: C Series has a silly crosswind limit (maybe 5 knots?) above a certain pressure altitude (4000?) which renders SLC a rather challenging operational environment?

That’s the limitation for a Max Performance Takeoff above airport elevations above 4000’.
So says their limitations document.

GP
Quote: Rumor for debunking or confirmation: C Series has a silly crosswind limit (maybe 5 knots?) above a certain pressure altitude (4000?) which renders SLC a rather challenging operational environment?
Answered back on page 219/220. Keep up

Quote: Pulease...do you really think ANYONE would buy an aircraft with that limit without an alternate procedure?

If you would have read further, you would have seen the limit of 30 Kts xwind for a "restricted takeoff": Vol 1 SP 7.4:

Restricted Takeoff Procedure
Note: A restricted takeoffs is required when the normal takeoff wind
limitations are exceeded.

A restricted takeoff is the same as a normal takeoff except:
• After allowing the engines to stabilize at 50% N1:
• Observe a minimum of GS 20 under the PFD speed tape
prior to advancing thrust levers through 60% N1.

This is our normal takeoff procedure...

Edit - Apologies CLAMP - I see Planetrain already answered this...
Quote: If you look closely its max "unrestricted" takeoff crosswind 5kts, 4000'+. See SP.7 for restricted takeoff procedure. Its basically a partial throttle advancement until 20kts GS. Restricted takeoff crosswind max is 30kts.
Quote: More routes from LAX and SEA were announced for winter 2019-2020 schedule. SEA-LAX, SEA-SFO, SLC-SFO, SLC-AUS, LAX-AUS
Sounds like a 5 leg 2-day trip from SLC to me. SLC-SFO-SEA-LAX layover LAX-AUS-SLC or some other variant thereof. We wouldn't need a base in LAX or SEA to cover the expanded service.

BS answered this two days ago on SkyHub: "at this time the thought process is still SEA or LAX, big caution though that is subject to change. We’ll have more of an update during the summer or fall."
241  291  331  337  338  339  340  341  342  343  344  345  351  391 
Page 341 of 396
Go to