Min calendar day

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 21
Go to
APA is pretty much unfixable. The very structure of the leadership , the way the BOD is run , the lack of accountability, the refusal to adapt... all form part of APA's DNA that has been unchanged since 1963 and is exactly why AA pilots have never led the industry in contracts. And management knows this and exploits it at every opportunity. The ONLY time APA has ever been successful has been with sporadic grass roots efforts from the membership.

APA needs to be dismantled, merged with ALPA, and re-equipped with new leadership for a fresh restart for AA pilots (I'm all for keeping Dan Carey though.) ALPA has its problems but I'll gladly take my chances with them after, what, 50 years of substandard APA contracts?

It's long past due.
Quote: APA is pretty much unfixable. The very structure of the leadership , the way the BOD is run , the lack of accountability, the refusal to adapt... all form part of APA's DNA that has been unchanged since 1963 and is exactly why AA pilots have never led the industry in contracts. And management knows this and exploits it at every opportunity. The ONLY time APA has ever been successful has been with sporadic grass roots efforts from the membership.

APA needs to be dismantled, merged with ALPA, and re-equipped with new leadership for a fresh restart for AA pilots (I'm all for keeping Dan Carey though.) ALPA has its problems but I'll gladly take my chances with them after, what, 50 years of substandard APA contracts?

It's long past due.
I'm not ALPA fan, but the move would have my vote IF we banned each and every APA elected officer from holding any ALPA elected office for at least a decade.

Otherwise, we would be paying double the dues for the same turd balls
Quote: I'm not ALPA fan, but the move would have my vote IF we banned each and every APA elected officer from holding any ALPA elected office for at least a decade.

Otherwise, we would be paying double the dues for the same turd balls
There's no need to ban any APA official. Almost everyone of them ran uncontested - it just takes decent candidates to run against the incumbents.
Quote: There's no need to ban any APA official. Almost everyone of them ran uncontested - it just takes decent candidates to run against the incumbents.
Doubt it. Have you seen the individual base participation number for their rep votes. Those who are voting are going off name recognition primarily.
Quote: Doubt it. Have you seen the individual base participation number for their rep votes. Those who are voting are going off name recognition primarily.
A grass roots voting block campaign is needed. Wouldn't take much either, since most guys don't even vote. There are now 2k new hires since Jan 2014, add in third listers, former AWA guys, TWA guys, and Some of the remaining fired up LUS/LAA guys and you have the makings of a coup de grace
Quote: Would somebody please explain the presidents recent message. Why would new hires care about LOS for pilots furloughed after 9/11? I was furloughed after 9/11 and I even think the unions position is nuts! I want a decent quality of life for what remains of my career. Min day, improved rigs etc, help all pilots and will help attract new ones. Are these guys blind or just plane/plain stupid?
Because there a squeaky wheels that have the ears that matter.
Quote: Because there a squeaky wheels that have the ears that matter.
Third listers/BTL are getting louder. 20%. Are you listening BOD?
Quote: APA: "We're not letting you improve your contract until you give us LOS!!!!"

Company: "Ok."

I'm really starting to think George Constanta runs this union.
Yep, shades of USAPA brilliance.

USAPA: "We won't accept a new contract without DOH!"

Quote: A grass roots voting block campaign is needed. Wouldn't take much either, since most guys don't even vote. There are now 2k new hires since Jan 2014, add in third listers, former AWA guys, TWA guys, and Some of the remaining fired up LUS/LAA guys and you have the makings of a coup de grace

This is what we sorely need!

If well organized, it would work. So much of our pilot group is close to retirement, and totally apathetic that we could take over. This would be better than fooling with ALPA.

Nothing is necessarily wrong with independent unions. SWA seems to have done well with theirs.

I sure wouldn't want to see us joint ALPA, pay twice the dues for the same ass tards
Quote: Yep, shades of USAPA brilliance.

USAPA: "We won't accept a new contract without DOH!"

Holy ####, really!!!!! Take some advise from FROZEN....

Let it Go, Let it Go

It's seriously unhealthy
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 21
Go to