Jan. AE

Subscribe
23  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  43 
Page 33 of 75
Go to
Quote: Pay banding or seniority based pay is the smart choice. But there's so much push back from pilots here I doubt it'll ever happen. Also, why do we get international pay? It's not any harder than a 5 leg 717 day.
It’s not harder but it is more expensive.
Quote: Pay banding or seniority based pay is the smart choice. But there's so much push back from pilots here I doubt it'll ever happen. Also, why do we get international pay? It's not any harder than a 5 leg 717 day.
I don't disagree with you about the pushback on banding/longevity. Wrt to international pay...why do big planes pay more? Why do we get per diem? I guess becuase that's the way it's always been done. Though, I'm definitely not going to argue against a form of more pay.
Quote: How far into europe can a 321NEO get from BOS or JFK? Maybe just a much larger international pay?
Quote:
UAL and JetBlue both have this model ordered. Can’t imagine we won’t do the same. ER rates need to be the minimum for the NEO.
Quote: ​​​​​​​Pay banding or seniority based pay is the smart choice. But there's so much push back from pilots here I doubt it'll ever happen. Also, why do we get international pay? It's not any harder than a 5 leg 717 day.
International pilots already take on currency risk via per diem being paid in US Dollars. This at the very least helps mitigate some of that risk. Most international airlines pay their crews per diem or allowances in the local currency in which they are laying over. Why should crewmembers take currency risk? They should not.
If the 321 neo starts taking over 757 routes it makes me wonder what the 7er bid package will start to look like. Especially in Atlanta where they seem to be sending them all and adding to the category.
Quote:

Well, on the plus side, we may start flying to the 'burgs and 'villes in Europe again.
Can the 350 fly SYD out of LAX or they going to DH ATL777 to fly SYD?

any idea of the trips the 330 would fly out of SLC?
Quote: First 5 cities to HNL in the NEO are planned to be LAX, SFO, PDX, SEA, and SLC. Have also heard we will eventually do HNL from every city that Alaska and Southwest have service. That’s lots of cities to HNL.
source?? I sure hope this is true!
Quote: UAL and JetBlue both have this model ordered. Can’t imagine we won’t do the same. ER rates need to be the minimum for the NEO.
AA also ordered 50 of the 321XLR. Miami-South America, PHL/JFK/BOS?-TATL.

For what it's worth, Glen Hauenstein said in a investor call recently that he wasn't seeing the 321XLR for our TATL network. He explained his doubts that it's the solution, mentioned pilot wages being a factor, and reiterated the desire for a NMA solution. I'm assuming by wages, he means its affect on CASM.
23  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  43 
Page 33 of 75
Go to