Netjets Upgrade Times

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 18
Go to
Quote: You are a small piece of that FO puzzle. I was XL for almost 13 years as an Fo. Had to leave, it was a whole different job in the light cabin compared to the global.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did 10.5 years in the mighty Excel. I know all about that. I also know it is better since FDP pay came into play with better scheduling stability and about another hour of time off on the overnights. It isn't as good as the large cabin, but SIC at NetJets in any fleet is probably better than almost any PIC position at the regionals. If someone set their goal on getting here, it is probably something they can accomplish before they can get on anywhere that could be better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I had an April 15 interview date and sim ride and then COVID hit. Provided netjets doesn’t flush the applicants, I’m going to interview in a few years when they call me. I would love to fly left seat, not just for the pay, but to have that feeling of accomplishment. I know it’s not gonna happen, so quality of life is more important. I commute to work and would commute for the rest of my career because of where I live. That alone makes netjets leaps and bounds better. Pay would always be way better even as a career FO and the benefits are not even comparable. Netjets is way better. So, it’s just sit and wait and try not to get furloughed.
Quote: I had an April 15 interview date and sim ride and then COVID hit. Provided netjets doesn’t flush the applicants, I’m going to interview in a few years when they call me. I would love to fly left seat, not just for the pay, but to have that feeling of accomplishment. I know it’s not gonna happen, so quality of life is more important. I commute to work and would commute for the rest of my career because of where I live. That alone makes netjets leaps and bounds better. Pay would always be way better even as a career FO and the benefits are not even comparable. Netjets is way better. So, it’s just sit and wait and try not to get furloughed.
I don't think it will take that long unless you bomb the interview. This profession is all about luck. Most of us have been or will be furloughed from a flying job or have an employer go under or get rid of their airplane at some point. Some of us have had all those things. I have flown with a pilot who had been furloughed at other jobs 16 times. I flew with another who had flown for Eastern, Braniff, and the original National airlines before ending up at NetJets where he retired about a decade ago around age 80. I also fly with some guys now who got hired at NetJets in their early 20s and have been with the company for more than half their life and are now captains on the Global under age 50. They had no idea what the job would eventually become when they started or how good it would get for them. Good luck.

Quote: I don't think it will take that long unless you bomb the interview. This profession is all about luck. Most of us have been or will be furloughed from a flying job or have an employer go under or get rid of their airplane at some point. Some of us have had all those things. I have flown with a pilot who had been furloughed at other jobs 16 times. I flew with another who had flown for Eastern, Braniff, and the original National airlines before ending up at NetJets where he retired about a decade ago around age 80. I also fly with some guys now who got hired at NetJets in their early 20s and have been with the company for more than half their life and are now captains on the Global under age 50. They had no idea what the job would eventually become when they started or how good it would get for them. Good luck.

It is all about luck. I went straight from the military to USAir, aka the incredible shrinking airline. Furloughed twice, the 2nd and final one with 13 years of seniority in 2003. And I cancelled Delta and NorthWest interviews to take the class date at USAir in 1989.

In 2005 (pre-contract) the pay was pretty bad at NetJets and they were having some trouble recruiting. A friend from USAir who was hired at NJA in January 2005 talked me into applying. I had not even been inside a business jet before. I got on in spring 2005 at nearly the perfect time as it turned out and made Captain in 2.5 years. I did get recalled by USAir in early 2008 and I was like, not only no but.......
Quote: I had an April 15 interview date and sim ride and then COVID hit. Provided netjets doesn’t flush the applicants, I’m going to interview in a few years when they call me. I would love to fly left seat, not just for the pay, but to have that feeling of accomplishment. I know it’s not gonna happen, so quality of life is more important. I commute to work and would commute for the rest of my career because of where I live. That alone makes netjets leaps and bounds better. Pay would always be way better even as a career FO and the benefits are not even comparable. Netjets is way better. So, it’s just sit and wait and try not to get furloughed.
You can also try not working at a regional. Things will up shift again and that includes NJA but if they flush the interview pool, its not your only ticket to happiness.
For those seeking jobs at Netjets, stand by. There may just be an avenue for hiring come 2021. More details at 11....

That mean later.
The company has stated they will not flush out those in the system when Covid stopped the music. If you want to work at NJA, then you should be at the front to interview once hiring starts again. Good luck with whatever decision you make. Things will get rolling in all of aviation again before long.
Quote: For those seeking jobs at Netjets, stand by. There may just be an avenue for hiring come 2021. More details at 11....

That mean later.
That would be great if it were true. The earlier in 2021 the better.
Quote: For those seeking jobs at Netjets, stand by. There may just be an avenue for hiring come 2021. More details at 11....

That mean later.
If you’re thinking what I’m thinking, that would also disqualify many of the applicants.
Quote: If you’re thinking what I’m thinking, that would also disqualify many of the applicants.
why all the secrecy?
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 18
Go to