Planesense

Subscribe
44  94  134  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  154  194  244 
Page 144 of 299
Go to
Quote: Regarding point 1- do a month or two on the line in the summer and you'll realize 3-4 days of OT are not feasible. I did it once and it screwed me up for almost an entire month.

I'll second this. Some people are robots but I try to limit my OT to day trips only. 8 days is already a long time on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Just saying it’s extremely tiring? Or not feasible in other ways?
You don't need to pick up that much overtime. The FO rate is $400 a day. If you pick up 1 day per cycle that adds up to like 10k extra a year.
Sitting at Logan Int after finishing the Sim eval. Just got the call offering a direct entry Captains position. Start training October 31st.
Looking forward to a new career
Quote: Sitting at Logan Int after finishing the Sim eval. Just got the call offering a direct entry Captains position. Start training October 31st.
Looking forward to a new career
Congratulations! You mind me asking what sorts of items were on the tech and sim? My interview isn't until Nov but as much up to date info as I can get I'd appreciate!
Quote: Extremely tiring. I used to fly single pilot, no AP, 8+ hour Hobbs survey days and this is worse.
What makes it worse?
Quote: What makes it worse?
Constant clock shifts, shooting 4-5 approaches to mins in one day, throwing bags, <20 minute turns, going 8+ hours without food because they move your crew meals around.

Not every day is like that but enough are that it takes a toll.
Quote: Congratulations! You mind me asking what sorts of items were on the tech and sim? My interview isn't until Nov but as much up to date info as I can get I'd appreciate!
Sent you a PM
Quote: Constant clock shifts, shooting 4-5 approaches to mins in one day, throwing bags, <20 minute turns, going 8+ hours without food because they move your crew meals around.

Not every day is like that but enough are that it takes a toll.
Why do you put up with that?
Quote: Why do you put up with that?
He'll have to deal with the wrath of the Colonel if he doesn't

Quote: Why do you put up with that?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'm leaving, pretty much all the FO's are just sticking it out until they reach ATP mins.
44  94  134  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  154  194  244 
Page 144 of 299
Go to