DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
25  75  115  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  135  175  225 
Page 125 of 503
Go to
Ride Report
Hey guys!

Did my assessment on the weekend, 4 days later got the invite.. sudoku drove me crazy, had a bunch of red choices on that one, on multitasking and monitoring as well but sudoku the most…. If you feel you failed and don't hear anything for couple days, don't panic! Email them back if no email is received by 7 days. Strongly suggest RST for the app, prepared me so well and the actual test was easier in the most part. As soon as you received the invite, I just called 2 times and got a quick response. For me worked calling after 4pm before 5pm eastern time. Good luck!
Quote: HSA: best options is the silver plan. $186/mo. $2200 company contribution if you jump through 3 easy hoops (but you don't get paid until the beginning of the next year). Gold has lower deductibles but is really only cheaper if you have multiple people hit the individual out of pocket max in a year. That is $319/mo

Copay plan: Not really familiar with this. No HSA available. $435/mo

Delta Pilots Medical Plan (DPMP): The only plan that is guaranteed in our contract. No HSA, lower deductibles but much higher premiums ($668/mo). I know a few people who are heavy users of our medical plans and every year they come out cheaper by going with the HSA over the DPMP. I think the DPMP is a winner if you have a family member on lots of expensive prescription drugs as all you pay for RX are copays.

All rates quoted are for family. Coverage begins day 1 of indoc.
The other benefit of the DPMA is that in-network and out-of-network out of pocket limits both come out of the same bucket.

The DPMA, being a contract plan, has a robust appeals process.

I’ve been in the DPMA forever. If you’re single, the premiums are quite low, and I’ve never had a single hassle with it, even with some fairly expensive items.
Quote: Hey guys!

Did my assessment on the weekend, 4 days later got the invite.. sudoku drove me crazy, had a bunch of red choices on that one, on multitasking and monitoring as well but sudoku the most…. If you feel you failed and don't hear anything for couple days, don't panic! Email them back if no email is received by 7 days. Strongly suggest RST for the app, prepared me so well and the actual test was easier in the most part. As soon as you received the invite, I just called 2 times and got a quick response. For me worked calling after 4pm before 5pm eastern time. Good luck!
RST for the assessment**
Don’t Panic, it’s a normal feeling**
Quote: HSA: best options is the silver plan. $186/mo. $2200 company contribution if you jump through 3 easy hoops (but you don't get paid until the beginning of the next year). Gold has lower deductibles but is really only cheaper if you have multiple people hit the individual out of pocket max in a year. That is $319/mo

Copay plan: Not really familiar with this. No HSA available. $435/mo

Delta Pilots Medical Plan (DPMP): The only plan that is guaranteed in our contract. No HSA, lower deductibles but much higher premiums ($668/mo). I know a few people who are heavy users of our medical plans and every year they come out cheaper by going with the HSA over the DPMP. I think the DPMP is a winner if you have a family member on lots of expensive prescription drugs as all you pay for RX are copays.

All rates quoted are for family. Coverage begins day 1 of indoc.

What’s the name of the insurance company providing these plans?
Quote: I’ll be starting class soon. I got awarded the 737. I’m completely spoiled coming from Republic I only flew the 175. How difficult will the transition to the 737 be for me? I’m a little nervous going to very little system automation and such. Curious what everyone thinks! Thank you
What does "very little systems automation" mean?

Crew van legend and lore is that the 73 has some mind blowing overhead panel but that's simply false. The bleed panel takes a little thought til you get used to it. Other than that it's garden variety. It doesn't draw little systems lines on the screen showing what's powered etc, but you easily see what checklist you need to look up. Its an absolute non event. Its highly capable and has features that few other planes have for SA. Its a bit pitchy on final but not too bad. The only legitimate complaint is its a bit cramped and the seat track usually only allows a slight recline or a slight move back. Its also on the noisy side, but it seems like we've finally, FINALLY, killed the masochist culture of one ear on one ear off yelling at eachother.
Quote: What’s the name of the insurance company providing these plans?
Delta is self-insured, but the networks and administration for all plans is UnitedHealth.
Quote: I’ll be starting class soon. I got awarded the 737. I’m completely spoiled coming from Republic I only flew the 175. How difficult will the transition to the 737 be for me? I’m a little nervous going to very little system automation and such. Curious what everyone thinks! Thank you
I went from 175 to 737. I had flown a couple other jets before, but the 737 should be fairly easy for you. The automation is simple and easy to understand and the FMS is pretty similar to the 175. The VNAV is a little different, but it's still fairly intuitive. I actually enjoy the airplane, it's definitely less temperamental than the 175 and rarely breaks. The 737 instructors here are great and you'll feel comfortable in no time. Welcome to Delta!
Can you bring your spouse + 3 year old to the ceremony or only your spouse?
Quote: Can you bring your spouse + 3 year old to the ceremony or only your spouse?
One guest.
Are they doing indoc classes every week?
25  75  115  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  135  175  225 
Page 125 of 503
Go to