Reserve for Dummies

Subscribe
40  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  60  100  150 
Page 50 of 170
Go to
Quote: Maybe someone else has said it earlier on in the thread...

How often does the min long-call 12 hour call our happen? Specifically talking about NYC.
Haven’t had it once in last five years as NYC NB FO.
Quote: Worst case I could drive it, it’s about 5 hours to do it though. There is a 3 hour window in the evening that if I got hit with a 12 hour min show time I couldn’t catch a flight in time.
Sounds like a NH or ME commuter
Do open time pickups count towards the 75 hour “fill up”?

For instance, if someone’s base is two flights and two time zones away, can they backload the month with their reserve days, and do open time pick ups to get to 75 hours and be free from obligation?
Quote: Do open time pickups count towards the 75 hour “fill up”?

For instance, if someone’s base is two flights and two time zones away, can they backload the month with their reserve days, and do open time pick ups to get to 75 hours and be free from obligation?
The answer can get complicated, but in short, no.

when you say “fill up” are you talking about reserve guarantee? If so, no

you can only do flying towards guarantee out of your domicile. If you get an out of base GS in another base you can fly that and get PB days, but that GS is pay/no credit meaning it does not count towards “full”

also our reserve guarantee is a sliding 72-80 hours depending on what the ALV is that month, and you need to hit whatever reserve guarantee happens to be that month to be full

hope that helps.

I’m not sure what you are asking regarding time zones. Two time zones away from what?

But in simple terms, if you put in yellow slips to be first for flying on X days, then yes it counts towards your guarantee and you can try to fill up for the month. Is this what you mean by “open time pickups?”

If you meant green slips (also an “open time pickup”) then those are pay, no credit. So they do not count towards reserve guarantee and thus don’t get you closer to “filling up”.

Remember also, the number is not always 75 hours. Wasn’t clear from your post but understand reserve guarantee is the number you need to hit to “fill up”. It can vary between 72-80 hours month to month.
23N (+12hrs) coverage
23N question…

I’m tagged for a trip with more than 12 hrs to report.

I thought I was #2 on the reserve bucket list…check reserve list, and the pilot junior to me has shortcall.

I remember being assigned SCs and then getting a trip 12+ hours assigned…seemed to happen a lot.

my question; since the pilot junior to me has SC assigned….is that justification to assign a me, the senior pilot? I cannot find a reference in the PWA or SRH as to SC pilots skipping 12N coverage.
Quote: 23N question…

I’m tagged for a trip with more than 12 hrs to report.

I thought I was #2 on the reserve bucket list…check reserve list, and the pilot junior to me has shortcall.

I remember being assigned SCs and then getting a trip 12+ hours assigned…seemed to happen a lot.

my question; since the pilot junior to me has SC assigned….is that justification to assign a me, the senior pilot? I cannot find a reference in the PWA or SRH as to SC pilots skipping 12N coverage.
If the pilot was already assigned SC, he falls into a lower step of the ladder if the trip reports during his SC period.

That's one reason the reserve list is deceiving. If you're #7 and the 6 ahead of you get SC, you're now #1, effectively
Quote: If the pilot was already assigned SC, he falls into a lower step of the ladder if the trip reports during his SC period.

That's one reason the reserve list is deceiving. If you're #7 and the 6 ahead of you get SC, you're now #1, effectively
trip reports 4 hours prior to his SC. We are both 14 hours from report
Quote: trip reports 4 hours prior to his SC. We are both 14 hours from report
Call scheduling and ask then. If you were both on LC, he gets the trip. There are lots of reasons he might not be eligible but without looking at his and your schedules, it's really best to call and ask why employee number xxxxxx didn't get that trip and you did
40  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  60  100  150 
Page 50 of 170
Go to