Ameriflight

Subscribe
74  124  164  170  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  184  224  274 
Page 174 of 567
Go to
People have gone straight to PHX recently. But hard to define senior at AMF (except PDX).
Is anyone familiar with the DFW base and where the pilots might live? It looks like the TX route map has them flying all over the state so it's hard to guess what out base guys may live, or do they typically live at the DFW hub?
Quote: Is anyone familiar with the DFW base and where the pilots might live? It looks like the TX route map has them flying all over the state so it's hard to guess what out base guys may live, or do they typically live at the DFW hub?
It's a mix, but the outstations are the more junior.

BE99 are all outstation. PPA, LBB, F05, BWD & SJT. Though LBB is kind of a mini-hub. 3 BE99 pilots who rotate between two runs and a reserve line.

BE1900 are outstation in MAF, DRT & CRP. There is also one BE1900/Metro reserve in SAT and 3 BE1900/BE99 reserves in DFW that also cover the DFW/TUL/ASG run.

SA227 has an outstation run in AMA and 3 reserves in DFW that are usually dual qualified in either the BE99 or BE1900. Those three cover the DFW/ICT run and the DFW/PHX run on Sundays. The IAH/MSY run is also a totally out based SA227. And there is a SA227/BE99 reserve in SAT.
Quote: How senior is PHX for AMF?
For the PA31 you could get it straight out of training. The 99 probably as well
From what I read PDX is the most "senior" base at AMF, but is there any chance you could get hired on in the PA31 or BE99 there? What about at BFI?
Quote: From what I read PDX is the most "senior" base at AMF, but is there any chance you could get hired on in the PA31 or BE99 there? What about at BFI?
BFI has only one pilot who has been there less than a year and a half. (He got there last October.) And only 3 that have been there less than 4 years. I think BFI is THE most senior base.
Any major changes at AMF since the new owner took over?
Quote: Any major changes at AMF since the new owner took over?
Not much. Office staff in BUR aren't wearing ties.
Quote: Not much. Office staff in BUR aren't wearing ties.
Sounds like the overall QOL improvement that everyone was hoping for
Interestingly enough, a day after I ask about BFI/PDX, I get word from an acquaintance of mine that he's headed to Burbank for training, and may well get PDX. Would love to be based there...I'm eons away from the mins though :P
74  124  164  170  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  184  224  274 
Page 174 of 567
Go to