Ameriflight

Subscribe
136  186  226  232  233  234  235  236  237  238  239  240  246  286  336 
Page 236 of 567
Go to
Quote: I feel your pain. I am at an outstation.
At least when you're outstation based, it costs them money to jerk you around on a run. Based in-base, oh yeah, we need X, Y, Z done.
Anyone have any info on the 120 FO position.? hour Mins, pay ect.
Im a CFI with around 300 tt.
Quote: Anyone have any info on the 120 FO position.? hour Mins, pay ect.
Im a CFI with around 300 tt.
In general we are looking for 800-900 hours tt. This is so after about a year of flying you have the time to be legal as a part 135 captain (1200 hrs) in a PA31 or BE99. At 300 hours it would take a good 2+ years to reach that point. The other question would be how much multi time you have. The Bro has 1800 SHP engines turning 8' diameter props. It can get a pretty good yaw on a V1 cut and you need to have the experience to be able to handle it.

First year pay for an E120 FO is $25K.
Quote: The other question would be how much multi time you have. The Bro has 1800 SHP engines turning 8' diameter props.
Who did your last recurrent training big guy? The props are 10.5' in diameter. But you are absolutely correct about needing to make sure that you are a decent pilot as it is certainly more complex than a 172. I'n not saying that it is ridiculously hard, but there training is short with little room for error. The training is fast and there have been several failures recently for FO's. You only get 5-6 sim sessions before the check ride.

And most people do not stay as a FO in the Bro for a full year. Most people "upgrade" and move to the 99 as a Captain. In the recent past, the magic time in the right seat seems to be 6 months.

Truth be told, however, there are only 8 EMB-120's and most all of the FO's lately have been "internal" hires. They have either been former interns or associated with the company in some other way. It is a good place for the company to put someone that they know and like to build some time so they can move up to other things.
Thanks for the responses regarding the CVG base. How about Metroliner BUF? Schedule, runs, etc. Thanks.
Quote: Thanks for the responses regarding the CVG base. How about Metroliner BUF? Schedule, runs, etc. Thanks.
BUF has 3 metro runs. All during the day. One is over the weekend; One is out and back during the week. The other is M-F.
Quote: Who did your last recurrent training big guy? The props are 10.5' in diameter.

And most people do not stay as a FO in the Bro for a full year. Most people "upgrade" and move to the 99 as a Captain. In the recent past, the magic time in the right seat seems to be 6 months.
Ok. I was thinking that but then thinking of one blade, it didn't seem that big.

If folks have been upgrading in less than a year it is because they are coming in with more hours to begin with. The target is the magic 1200 hours. If you start with 800 - 900 then it will work out about that for most of the runs.

My big point was that if someone came on with 300 hours, they would be stuck in the seat for at LEAST a couple of years or they would leave to go somewhere else. Like an FO in PHX did a while ago who DID come in with only about 400 hours.
Quote: They have either been former interns or associated with the company in some other way. It is a good place for the company to put someone that they know and like to build some time so they can move up to other things.
Can you say "Doodles?"
Quote: In general we are looking for 800-900 hours tt. This is so after about a year of flying you have the time to be legal as a part 135 captain (1200 hrs) in a PA31 or BE99. At 300 hours it would take a good 2+ years to reach that point. The other question would be how much multi time you have. The Bro has 1800 SHP engines turning 8' diameter props. It can get a pretty good yaw on a V1 cut and you need to have the experience to be able to handle it.

First year pay for an E120 FO is $25K.
I have close to 90 hours pic multi. Dont know if that would help. Just sounds like i have another year or so. thanks for the response!
Quote: Some bases are great. You have a show time of 9am, and are back home by 8pm. Others are much, much worse.
so which ones oh do tell so i know what to fear if i take a position.
and how many hours per year???
136  186  226  232  233  234  235  236  237  238  239  240  246  286  336 
Page 236 of 567
Go to