Ameriflight

Subscribe
325  375  415  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  435  475  525 
Page 425 of 567
Go to
If you are wanting to become a pilot or are wanting to get additional licenses to further your flying career, but can't afford it, our new program might be for you!

We've teamed up with Epic Flight Academy to provide a debt-free and time-effective path to achieving your pilot dreams!

More details: http://www.epicflightacademy.com/epi...thway-program/
Epic3.jpg

Quote: Hi, there!

It's definitely possible to get DFW right out of training.
Here's a link to our current available positions at DFW: Careers At Ameriflight, LLC

DFW is pretty far from AMA. We have a Home-Based option, as well, depending on your flight hours.

Hope that helps!
I would be coming in at minimums, so a FO spot is more likely. What's the outlook like on E-120 FO spots? I don't see any openings currently, but what are the minimums to qualify for a right seat?
Quote: I would be coming in at minimums, so a FO spot is more likely. What's the outlook like on E-120 FO spots? I don't see any openings currently, but what are the minimums to qualify for a right seat?
Right seat in the 120 generally starts at 5-600 hours TT. Currently we have no E120s at any Texas bases.
Quote: Right seat in the 120 generally starts at 5-600 hours TT. Currently we have no E120s at any Texas bases.
Ok, what's the commuting policy like? I'm aiming for the airlines so right seat time in a crew aircraft would be more valuable to me than in a Beech, if the commute is manageable.
Quote: Ok, what's the commuting policy like? I'm aiming for the airlines so right seat time in a crew aircraft would be more valuable to me than in a Beech, if the commute is manageable.
Most UPS runs operated Monday PM-Saturday AM. If you choose to commute, company policy is that you need to be at your assigned duty station no less than 4 hours prior to your schedule show time. If you don't make it, that is considered an unapproved absence.
Quote: Most UPS runs operated Monday PM-Saturday AM. If you choose to commute, company policy is that you need to be at your assigned duty station no less than 4 hours prior to your schedule show time. If you don't make it, that is considered an unapproved absence.
You mean sitting at the airport? Just for commuters or is that policy for everyone being at their assigned airport 4 hours before show time? I don’t know a lot about 135 freight but from what I’ve heard from other pilots who do fly it (not at ameriflight) typically show up to the airport no sooner than 10 minutes before a truck shows up or 15 minutes after a jet lands with freight you carry out of a hub. No point in wasting your time/life waiting for UPS they say.
Quote: You mean sitting at the airport? Just for commuters or is that policy for everyone being at their assigned airport 4 hours before show time? I don’t know a lot about 135 freight but from what I’ve heard from other pilots who do fly it (not at ameriflight) typically show up to the airport no sooner than 10 minutes before a truck shows up or 15 minutes after a jet lands with freight you carry out of a hub. No point in wasting your time/life waiting for UPS they say.
No, it's just if you commute. And basically it is to ensure you actually are there by your scheduled show time. Most of our runs (except for Home Based Captains) the pilot lives at their duty station. Or makes sure they are there in time for their run. It's not like the passenger folks where you are always (or almost always) flying different runs every time. On ours, you are generally always flying out of the same airports.
Quote: The bank stuff is going away so a lot of our flying is for UPS now with typical morning flights to a layover, sit for the day, and return in the evening.
It's a pretty easy gig. I've done it for other company s.
What bases operate E-120s currently?
Quote: What bases operate E-120s currently?
Currently BFI, ONT, PDX, PHX, SJU, and SLC operate EMB-120s.
325  375  415  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  435  475  525 
Page 425 of 567
Go to