Ameriflight

Subscribe
56  456  506  546  552  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  560  566 
Page 556 of 567
Go to
Quote: Any idea why they are bringing the 340 on board?
Expansion. The aircraft and support are very available.
Be1900, phx
Anyone here that is or was a BE1900 Capt in the recent past? I am curious about the Intensity level of training as well as the typical flying one would expect in that airframe. Specifically at the PHX 'branch'.
Quote: Anyone here that is or was a BE1900 Capt in the recent past? I am curious about the Intensity level of training as well as the typical flying one would expect in that airframe. Specifically at the PHX 'branch'.
Three-hour sim sessions. You will be expected to have flows and callouts cold - study materials provided well in advance. If you can stay on top of things without a moving map you will be fine. Not that the 1900 training is without one but you have to be competent.
Quote: Three-hour sim sessions. You will be expected to have flows and callouts cold - study materials provided well in advance. If you can stay on top of things without a moving map you will be fine. Not that the 1900 training is without one but you have to be competent.
Forgot to mention NO coupled approaches, NO flight director. The Metro, 1900, and 99 all have S-tec with altitude, which can be deferred, and are normally flown single-pilot.
Quote: Forgot to mention NO coupled approaches, NO flight director. The Metro, 1900, and 99 all have S-tec with altitude, which can be deferred, and are normally flown single-pilot.
Thanks for your input. I take that as it is 'fairly intensive' - Sounds good.
Quote: Forgot to mention NO coupled approaches, NO flight director. The Metro, 1900, and 99 all have S-tec with altitude, which can be deferred, and are normally flown single-pilot.
Do y’all still use a 1900D sim with the EFIS 84 and flight director for the type ride? IMO that sim vs a 1900C makes for an easier checkride, considering all the bells,whistles and performance.
The only sims out there anymore are D. Yes on the EHSI. During training use the autopilot for anything other than approaches, but not the command bars alone at any time.
Quote: Anyone here that is or was a BE1900 Capt in the recent past? I am curious about the Intensity level of training as well as the typical flying one would expect in that airframe. Specifically at the PHX 'branch'.
I can’t say exactly what the PHX base schedules are like exactly, but it’s about the same throughout the system; early morning show times (5 or 5:30 am), fly your morning route of one or two legs, stay the day (hotel provided) and then fly your one or two legs back in the evening. Some runs are better than others with later morning show times or “out-n-back” runs, but those will tend to be a bit more senior.

I found that the training was very good and comprehensive. They’ll make sure you can handle an engine failure at V1 and be able to fly it back around for a single engine approach in IMC. The company is adamant on following SOP and safety procedures with a supportive chief pilots office who is there on call 24-7 to help you out. I think Ameriflight was a great company to prepare you for a transition to the 121 world.

Oh, and the 1900 was a joy to fly.
FO Hiring?
Hey everyone. I'm a CFI over at a university flight school ready to move on and get some air carrier experience. I've been checking the application window nonstop to see if the FO portal has opened again. Its either Ameriflight or JSX because I committed to the United Aviate program and with the amount of time that I have I feel as though Ameriflight is a little more realistic. Anybody have any information on when hiring will pick back up for FOs? I kinda figure that the company has more of a need for captains since the majors are cleaning them out almost everywhere. Thanks for any info passed my way, I greatly appreciate it.
Quote: Hey everyone. I'm a CFI over at a university flight school ready to move on and get some air carrier experience. I've been checking the application window nonstop to see if the FO portal has opened again. Its either Ameriflight or JSX because I committed to the United Aviate program and with the amount of time that I have I feel as though Ameriflight is a little more realistic. Anybody have any information on when hiring will pick back up for FOs? I kinda figure that the company has more of a need for captains since the majors are cleaning them out almost everywhere. Thanks for any info passed my way, I greatly appreciate it.
Not sure what this year looks like, but I believe they don’t do any new hire classes during peak season (Nov - Feb). If they have the resources, they may open up the application window; otherwise, might wait till Feb.
56  456  506  546  552  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  560  566 
Page 556 of 567
Go to