PDT News and Rumors

Subscribe
454  854  904  944  950  951  952  953  954  955  956  957  958  964  1004  1054 
Page 954 of 1123
Go to
Lga will operate the 145 and 140 right now out of LGA. it seems too coincidental for me.
Quote: Lga will operate the 145 and 140 right now out of LGA. it seems too coincidental for me.
Whatcha mean??
Quote: Any rumors of what that new base could be?
I could see you guys opening RDU. I have a feeling that DCA will end up being a PSA domicile.
Quote: Any rumors of what that new base could be?
DCA makes most sense for our route structure
Quote: I could see you guys opening RDU. I have a feeling that DCA will end up being a PSA domicile.
I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but AA does not want further outstation basing. It tends to negatively affect recruiting, and also the performance of the hub(s) that outstation serves. ORD makes a lot of sense for the PSA folks at this point, as the rest of the CRJ's are coming from there next year.
Quote: Whatcha mean??
PDT is taking as many 145s and 140s from envoy as they can handle. I think envoy will move to a lga/jfk operation wroth the 175 eventually and we will start with the 140/145 in lga as we can handle more airframes.
Only problem is DCA is not serviced from either MX base right now (RIC, MDT). The plan right now is for PDT to grow in PHL and PHL only. I wouldn't expect any new bases anytime soon unless they decide to open a base in RIC due to the large number or RON a/c.
Quote: Only problem is DCA is not serviced from either MX base right now (RIC, MDT). The plan right now is for PDT to grow in PHL and PHL only. I wouldn't expect any new bases anytime soon unless they decide to open a base in RIC due to the large number or RON a/c.
Agreed. I don't see AA having envoy and pdt at LGA, as someone suggested earlier. Just doesn't make sense.

I think we'll see some outstations close (starting with SBY), and PHL will get huge. Then and only then will we see the possibility of another base
How hard is it to hold PHL base out of training? I am trying to decide between C5 and Piedmont and live in NJ 30 mins from KEWR and about 1.5 hrs from KPHL. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, how long are the trips out of KPHL in general? 2-4 days at a time?
Quote: How hard is it to hold PHL base out of training? I am trying to decide between C5 and Piedmont and live in NJ 30 mins from KEWR and about 1.5 hrs from KPHL. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, how long are the trips out of KPHL in general? 2-4 days at a time?
Impossible to say what it'll look like even a month from now. I can tell you that everything is junior in every base, every seat. You'll get PHL within 6 months of DOH, if not much sooner. (If you get hired directly into the jet, you'll certainly be PHL based. And it's going to happen VERY soon)

Most of our trips are 4 days. Some 2, some 3.
454  854  904  944  950  951  952  953  954  955  956  957  958  964  1004  1054 
Page 954 of 1123
Go to