Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18738  19238  19638  19688  19728  19734  19735  19736  19737  19738  19739  19740  19741  19742  19748  19788  19838 
Page 19738 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I understand the company can move things around month to month...I'm more talking about how they assign rotation 6969 to the NYC (insert your new hire NB plane here)....they (CR) has mis-managed the capt/fo ratio so there is negative reserve coverage for months in a row....APD's don't even work it's so bad....FO's can't move their schedule around at all.....then just when you finally fall into the right spot where you are off work and a trip is in OT and you can almost taste the greeny....they pull a reserve guy from another base to cover the said rotation.

This results in the one base (NYC) guys getting bent over twice: once not being able to move days around because of the poor manning and then again when not even getting a chance to get the GS.

In this example, if the rotation gets assigned to base X in the monthly bid package then they should own it and I feel like the in base guys should have first dibs at the GS before they call in the OOB reserve guy.

I would like to see the assignment ladder modified slighly becuase of this.

And yes it was in my survey answers.

I don't think its CR mismanaging as much as it is impossible to keep up with marketing. That and giving junior the FOs the ability to AE quicker (escape from NY) are contributing to these imbalances. 20 years ago we changed our schedule a few times a year and had Line of Time bidding. It was a much more static system.

Today it seems we change the schedule month to month. Things that were mostly manual are now mostly computerized. I also don't like it, but am willing to cut the company a little slack if they can consistently lead the industry and pull in 5B + profit a year.

As part of that I expect us (DAL Pilots) to benefit from an industry leading contract.

Scoop
Quote: I don't think its CR mismanaging as much as it is impossible to keep up with marketing. That and giving junior the FOs the ability to AE quicker (escape from NY) are contributing to these imbalances. 20 years ago we changed our schedule a few times a year and had Line of Time bidding. It was a much more static system.

Today it seems we change the schedule month to month. Things that were mostly manual are now mostly computerized. I also don't like it, but am willing to cut the company a little slack if they can consistently lead the industry and pull in 5B + profit a year.

As part of that I expect us (DAL Pilots) to benefit from an industry leading contract.

Scoop
Did anyone read the Fops weekly message where they said they are trying to get marketing to use the same "type" of plane in the markets throughout the day to provide better contingency planning rather than a market be 1 737, then an 88, then a 757 etc all on the same day.
Quote: Did anyone read the Fops weekly message where they said they are trying to get marketing to use the same "type" of plane in the markets throughout the day to provide better contingency planning rather than a market be 1 737, then an 88, then a 757 etc all on the same day.
I read it as “we are trying to find ways to eliminate 30 hour layovers”
Quote: I read it as “we are trying to find ways to eliminate 30 hour layovers”

Then no more backing long trips up to each other. That helps the company, too, by resetting the 30/168 clock.

GP
So min day then since the argument I’ve seen against is what about my 30 hr layover
Quote: Did anyone read the Fops weekly message where they said they are trying to get marketing to use the same "type" of plane in the markets throughout the day to provide better contingency planning rather than a market be 1 737, then an 88, then a 757 etc all on the same day.

A big piece of that initiative is so that spoke cities can stock more relevant spare parts to keep dispatch reliability up when there is a mechanical at an out station.

Quote: .

A big piece of that initiative is so that spoke cities can stock more relevant spare parts to keep dispatch reliability up when there is a mechanical at an out station.

Interesting. From my experience, we dont carry an inventory of spares at non ATL hubs or gateway cities. I find it hard to believe a spoke city has any spare a/c parts. Ive been stuck in SLC waiting for parts from ATL to arrive. I would bet this is purley a staffing issue.
Quote: Interesting. From my experience, we dont carry an inventory of spares at non ATL hubs or gateway cities. I find it hard to believe a spoke city has any spare a/c parts. Ive been stuck in SLC waiting for parts from ATL to arrive. I would bet this is purley a staffing issue.
All of our spare parts are in ATL? I find this difficult to believe. Wasn't one of the reasons for putting a 220 base in SLC for maintenance? Are you ATL based?
Quote: All of our spare parts are in ATL? I find this difficult to believe. Wasn't one of the reasons for putting a 220 base in SLC for maintenance? Are you ATL based?
I've waited in ATL for a part from LAX.
Why would some of my greenslip show up as credit? I did a 2 day greenslip and 515 is credit and 515 is in the greenslip column with 10:30 pay. I am reg not res.
18738  19238  19638  19688  19728  19734  19735  19736  19737  19738  19739  19740  19741  19742  19748  19788  19838 
Page 19738 of 20173
Go to